Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    So we are looking at two more imminent signings, both with teeth
  • Options
    1st July, the day we’re allowed to announce all our new signings (just ignore the fact we’ve already signed 3 players).
  • Options
    I reckon Oztumer will sign for us today
  • Options
    Unfortunately Oztumer, has had a medical at Cafc but came up a little short.
  • Options
    I think we are waiting to see if we can get Williams won’t get both. 
  • Options
    I fancy that we’re after both as Williams fills the much needed CAM role and Oztumer can play CAM and CF and will complete our forward purchases for the season.
  • Options
    I fancy that we’re after both as Williams fills the much needed CAM role and Oztumer can play CAM and CF and will complete our forward purchases for the season.
    I think we’d still be after a proper replacement for Grant. From what Bowyer’s said Bonne’s not here to be first choice, and Aneke/Oztumer aren’t that type of player.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I think we’d still be after a proper replacement for Grant. From what Bowyer’s said Bonne’s not here to be first choice, and Aneke/Oztumer aren’t that type of player.
    In an ideal world yes I agree but I’m pretty sure Aneke is here to start with Taylor.
  • Options
    I reckon he’ll sign for Millwall 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Nketiah is lined up as the pacey replacement for Grant. Unlikely he'll be available until Aug though.. Arsenal will want to take a look at him in preseason first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ?
  • Options
    ?
    Ah right......yeah I get it. B)
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Nketiah is lined up as the pacey replacement for Grant. Unlikely he'll be available until Aug though.. Arsenal will want to take a look at him in preseason first.
    Yeah they're in the United States until the 23rd July for that International Champions Cup so be surprised if both him and Bielik arent included in the squad that heads out there... they'll also potentially be involved in the Emirates Cup on 28th July too
  • Options
    Oztumer, Morgan, Lapslie and Williams would be the worlds shortest midfield 4 surely?

In all seriousness think we could fit Williams and Oztumer in the same squad, plus we can’t guarantee Williams so why miss out on Oztumer now and then regret it later on. 
  • Options
    Oztumer, Morgan, Lapslie and Williams would be the worlds shortest midfield 4 surely?

In all seriousness think we could fit Williams and Oztumer in the same squad, plus we can’t guarantee Williams so why miss out on Oztumer now and then regret it later on. 
    Add Cullen to that Midfield and the average height certainly wouldnt go up!!
  • Options

Add Cullen to that Midfield and the average height certainly wouldnt go up!!
    Aneke can play attacking midfield. 
  • Options
    Wonder if we ever enquired into Maxwell returning on loan
  • Options
    No chance, he was fucked off enough being on the bench for 4 months last season. 

• Options
    No chance, he was fucked off enough being on the bench for 4 months last season. 

He was on my table at the PoTY dinner, and can second that. He wasn't happy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Why would he go to Hibs ..... when he could come to Charlton, get paid every week and never get his shorts muddy?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:
    Why would he go to Hibs ..... when he could come to Charlton, get paid every week and never get his shorts muddy?

I know you're joking, but he made it clear that he'd take less money, if he played...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:

I know you're joking, but he made it clear that he'd take less money, if he played...
    I hadn't heard that, Loopy.

Where did you see that?

• Options

Considering the 3 previous loan keepers (Rudd, Amos and Steer) all ended up as clear Number Ones, I'm sure he was expecting the same. Exchanging bench warming in the Championship for bench warming in L1 wasn't what he wanted!
  • Options
    Lots of decent free agents still about if we somehow get the takeover done in time - Mo Diame, Joe Ledley, Danny Simpson, Albert Adomah, Bakary Sako, Leroy Fer, Ashley Williams, James Wilson would all do a job in the championship

• Options

Considering the 3 previous loan keepers (Rudd, Amos and Steer) all ended up as clear Number Ones, I'm sure he was expecting the same. Exchanging bench warming in the Championship for bench warming in L1 wasn't what he wanted!
    Yeah, but he needed to get out of Preston, having had a fall out with his manager.

Charlton was an ideal refuge for him ..... but he must have thought at the time, that if he was patient it was only a matter of time before he broke into the 1st team and kept his place.

He never moaned in public about his lack of opportunity. 

• Options
    Lots of decent free agents still about if we somehow get the takeover done in time - Mo Diame, Joe Ledley, Danny Simpson, Albert Adomah, Bakary Sako, Leroy Fer, Ashley Williams, James Wilson would all do a job in the championship

do you know what looking at them names i actually prefer the route we are going at present, young hungry players. 
    Was about to post the exact same thing. Players like Leroy Fer would not add anything & would be like Haslebaink all over again.