Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    I can't think of one thing on this thread I have said that would be classed as delusional? 

I haven't said we would sign a player mentioned just said it would be nice. Any player I've said would be decent for us is a high end league 1 player or a relegated championship player, hardly suggesting we go for Mbappe. 

Don't get your knickers in a twist pal.

If you're talking to me, take another read and you'll see I was referring to harveys.
    If you're not I've no idea who you're talking to.
  • Options
    I can't think of one thing on this thread I have said that would be classed as delusional? 

I haven't said we would sign a player mentioned just said it would be nice. Any player I've said would be decent for us is a high end league 1 player or a relegated championship player, hardly suggesting we go for Mbappe. 

Don't get your knickers in a twist pal.

If you're talking to me, take another read and you'll see I was referring to harveys.
    If you're not I've no idea who you're talking to.
    Oh, I read 2 and saw I was quoted as well so thought you were referring to me. My bad 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Just heard from a friend that heard from someone on a train that Bowyer reckons we are in for Luis Suarez, make of that what you will 
    Not for me. Hasn’t done it in the championship so seems like a bit of a risk.
    Missed a penalty last night to lose to Peru as well, past it 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Covered End having a dig at Harvey. There's a surprise!
    Sorry harveys I accept it's a failing of mine.
    I find it extremely difficult to ignore people talking nonsense.

Here's a question for you, if you want to reply.
    What would your Charlton 11, plus 7 subs be, for the first game of the season, if the squad remained as it is now ?
  • Options
    Brazilliance, you made a fair comment to a left-field suggestion of mine. The lure of ex-players is that we know their strengths/weaknesses but know little about other L1 CHs unless you are a total anorak. You deluded, no. Me, jury's out.
  • Options
    Given what we are able to offer wages wise, I'd be happy if we got luke leahy from walsall, he was the best player for them against us home and away. Decent crosser and I reckon fairly cheap wage wise.

And the 2nd rcb I'd personally go with deji Oshilaja. Was linked with championship clubs last year, on a free and also good friends with lyle

Can imagine 2.5/4k a week each would get both of them given I cant imagine they will have better offers aside from league 1 clubs.
  • Options
    I think we should go sniffing round Coventry there’s some decent young players with sell on value which is what bowyer said we were looking at.  Topped with the fact they too have an arsehole owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swapping Pearce for Lennon would be absolutely bizarre. Ajayi on the other hand would be a welcomed upgrade as much as I like Pearce 
    Ajayi’s right footed, so would give us 4 CBs and be the main competition for Lockyer.

Lennon needs to stay fit for a season and prove himself in League 1. At the moment he’s nothing more than a squad player at that level who might develop into a solid player.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Just heard from a friend that heard from someone on a train that Bowyer reckons we are in for Luis Suarez, make of that what you will 
    I’m not gonna bite to that

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Swapping Pearce for Lennon would be absolutely bizarre. Ajayi on the other hand would be a welcomed upgrade as much as I like Pearce 
    Ajayi’s right footed, so would give us 4 CBs and be the main competition for Lockyer.

Lennon needs to stay fit for a season and prove himself in League 1. At the moment he’s nothing more than a squad player at that level who might develop into a solid player.
    If we did sign Ajayi I would expect him or Lockyer to play in front of the defenders to act as a sweeper type. Even then he is a lot more versatile than Pearce and with us having a small squad it's important to have utility players, regardless of him not being a left footer. I like Pearcey and he's a leader but in an ideal world I would sell him to someone who are desperate for a leader type like Pompey or Sunderland, bring in Tafazolli and Ajayi and then we have 4 solid, young defenders that can play a number of roles. I think Lockyer will be wearing the armband next season regardless anyway 
  • Options
    I think we should go sniffing round Coventry there’s some decent young players with sell on value which is what bowyer said we were looking at.  Topped with the fact they too have an arsehole owner.
    Coventry have some very decent players on their books, I thought they were one of the best sides we played last season as well (at their ground not ours) think they had a few loans though.

Saw someone mention Curtis Tilt earlier. He's in the Pearcey mold. Pompey were heavily interested in him, Blackpool have said they want 1 million which put them off, guess that would rule us out as well. Blackpool also demanding 1 million for their left back who Luton are after Marc Bola
  • Options
    1 million Lira we are in
  • Options
    Coventry have some very decent players on their books, I thought they were one of the best sides we played last season as well (at their ground not ours) think they had a few loans though.

Saw someone mention Curtis Tilt earlier. He's in the Pearcey mold. Pompey were heavily interested in him, Blackpool have said they want 1 million which put them off, guess that would rule us out as well. Blackpool also demanding 1 million for their left back who Luton are after Marc Bola
    Tom Bayliss is the pick of the bunch but way out of our league price wise, I thought they weren’t a bad side they countered well which is why I think their players might suit bowyer.
  • Options
    Wolves gonna get Konsa for £15M, apparently.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Saw Tracy Leaburn today in Eltham Lidl, she brought four tooth brushes.
    Must mean we are signing...

• Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coming back to where he started
  • Options
    I agree. He's coming back. That's where the boomerang bit comes from. 
  • Options
    Going to where training starts tomorrow.
  • Options
    The squad didn’t fly out until this evening, so it is very possible that Otzumer has already had his photo taken with Bowyer ready for the announcement tomorrow. He joins up with the squad or who knows, he might even flew out with them if it was already wrapped up.
  • Options
    Has anyone contacted Oztumers Dad?
  • Options
    Lyle taylor and Oztumer follow each other on insta 👀👀 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    PopIcon said:
    Saw Tracy Leaburn today in Eltham Lidl, she brought four tooth brushes.
    Why would she bring 4 toothbrushes to Lidl ...... ? :smile:

I can see the confusion I have caused, she bought four toothbrushes, as well as various meaty products. She was giving Carl lessons on how to load a conveyor belt, heavy things should go at the front etc.

She actually brought the toothbrushes home (theirs not mine).
  • Options
    Are you sure they were toothbrushes, not candles?