Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Ryan Tunnicliffe let go by Millwall, I would take him even if he is ex scum
  • Options
    edited July 2019

PopIcon said:
    Oggy Red said:
    PopIcon said:
    Saw Tracy Leaburn today in Eltham Lidl, she brought four tooth brushes.
    Why would she bring 4 toothbrushes to Lidl ...... ? :smile:

I can see the confusion I have caused, she bought four toothbrushes, as well as various meaty products. She was giving Carl lessons on how to load a conveyor belt, heavy things should go at the front etc.

She actually brought the toothbrushes home (theirs not mine).
    Unless you live at the Leaburns’, it would be more accurate to say she took them home. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know where Erhun Oztumer is.........?
  • Options
    Out of them lot I would only want to take a chance on Fer and Adomah, the rest are either past their best, mercenary types or haven't done enough to warrant a big wage like Wilson.

I know I posted Ben Whiteman the other day but I wonder if Bowyer will enquire about Herbie Kane on loan. 7 goals and 9 assists last season, started in 42 of Doncaster's league games or something like that, got in the team of the season and let's be honest he ain't getting anywhere near that Liverpool team so a championship loan could be on the cards. Expect him to link up with McCann at Hull again but I would like him here.

I think the 5 loans need to be prioritised on a left back to cover page, a versatile defender, two midfielders in the Bielik and Cullen mold and then the dream loan Nketiah who can play the wings and as a forward 

If we were to snap up Amos, Oztumer, Williams and maybe Eaves that covers all our attacking and goalie problems. Reckon we will rely heavily on the loan window again for two good centre mids 
    I believe we have already enquired about Kane. Would be a decent loanee but Hull might be a good shout. 

Someone text me about Garbutt over the weekend but I believe he got the ‘info’ from a random Facebook or twitter rumour. 
    That's promising then, Kane and JFC should be good enough if we can get JFC back to his best. If we could grab Kane and Cullen on loan that would be fantastic and eliminate our midfield issues 
  • Options
    I’m pleased LB recognises the need to bring in midfielders who can win the ball back. Bielik and Cullen were the two that did that for us in spades last season 
  • Options
    Trialist

Bit old but good experience

Grant Basey isn't that old...
  • Options
    Does anyone know where Erhun Oztumer is.........?
    still in Greenwich park?
    Working on his composition after some scathing feedback
  • Options
    Sounds like mark Marshall gone to Spain as well 
  • Options
    Sounds like mark Marshall gone to Spain as well 
    Pratley shouted "Marshy" - i would suggest he was talking to Andy Marshall (GK coach).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes could be but did he sign someone else wanted him as goalkeeper coach 
  • Options
    Morro would be an absolutely unreal signing for us. I have a feeling he will end up at a team pushing for promotion though next season 
  • Options
    Morrison supposedly off to Wigan
  • Options
    Yeah just had a ganders and saw that, thought he would be off somewhere a bit better like Derby or Forest
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Morro would be an absolutely unreal signing for us. I have a feeling he will end up at a team pushing for promotion though next season 
    A slightly rose-tinted view tbh
    Agreed, he's a solid Championship player but no more
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    But at this stage why would we want anything more than that?

Surely he's the ideal signing as will be the experienced / reliable type that knows the Division...
    Wasn't suggesting that WE wouldn't want him, but rather that clubs going for promotion wouldn't be interested!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hardly rose tinted, we are going to be in a scrap, that's a player that would ensure we have a good chance. 

Morro has scored something like 15 goals in 160 apps for Blues and was their captain and is a very solid championship defender. He would clearly help a side going for promotion, Cardiff who are looking to bounce back have just signed Oxfords captain from a league below. I know who I would rather have in a fight at either end of the table.

For the level we are at now Morro would be an unreal signing, don't see what we expect 
  • Options
    Hardly rose tinted, we are going to be in a scrap, that's a player that would ensure we have a good chance. 

Morro has scored something like 15 goals in 160 apps for Blues and was their captain and is a very solid championship defender. He would clearly help a side going for promotion, Cardiff who are looking to bounce back have just signed Oxfords captain from a league below. I know who I would rather have in a fight at either end of the table.

For the level we are at now Morro would be an unreal signing, don't see what we expect 
    As I said before, Birmingham have just been done under FFP. Morrison's wage demands would be well out of our reach.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    A solid Championship player, nah, we don't need that in the Championship.

Remember that he finished 9th with Charlton in the Championship and was near the top six with Birmingham under Rowett until Birmingham had a collective brain fart and replaced Rowett with Zola.
  • Options
    Ryan Tunnicliffe let go by Millwall, I would take him even if he is ex scum
    Surprised really, lot of experience at championship level and still only 26.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Trialist

Bit old but good experience

Grant Basey isn't that old...

He's 30!   Had forgotton how young he had to retire
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Why some have s fascination for signing ex players. Rarely works out. Even Roger Johnson was half decent first time round
    Chris Powell wasnt all that when he signed a second and third time either was he?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    A solid Championship player, nah, we don't need that in the Championship.

Remember that he finished 9th with Charlton in the Championship and was near the top six with Birmingham under Rowett until Birmingham had a collective brain fart and replaced Rowett with Zola.
    I refer the right honourable gentleman to the previous answer I gave  ;)