Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Nice little but of sunburn there for Jonny. 
    He should wear a hat...
  • Options
    I'm sorry but I still feel uneasy about seeing a grown man in a bra.
    What are those things for? What do they do? They genuinely confuse me 
  • Options
    MeerKat said:
    I believe they have heart monitors etc on them, sending data to the fitness team.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    MeerKat said:
    They include loads of tech that can basically tell you everything (and more) that a decent running watch can, but a bit more accurately too. Basically GPS, Heart Rate, Perceived Effort, Body Temperature, Hydration Levels and more.

Ours are more likely the ones that do just GPS, Activity Tracking & Heart Rates. 
  • Options
    takes all sorts Mr G
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Williams is so keen to stay with us, he's turning his body Charlton red
    And I'm sure as hell Roly won't be footing any of his expenses or anything toward this bonding trip either...so fair play to him again...👍
  • Options
    Honest question... if Bauer were still here, would we have got Lockyer? I look at Aneke and Lockyer and imagine how much deeper we would have been had we also kept Bauer and Aribo. I just wonder if they would have been willing to come here in the first place if the others, including Grant, were still here? Is it possible to build a squad with depth in the Championship or do good players demand to start or they go elsewhere in this division?
  • Options
    Honest question... if Bauer were still here, would we have got Lockyer? I look at Aneke and Lockyer and imagine how much deeper we would have been had we also kept Bauer and Aribo. I just wonder if they would have been willing to come here in the first place if the others, including Grant, were still here? Is it possible to build a squad with depth in the Championship or do good players demand to start or they go elsewhere in this division?
    Unlikely - Bowyer would no doubt have wanted to and probably would have tried but I doubt Dear Leader would have signed off on the wages.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Unlikely - Bowyer would no doubt have wanted to and probably would have tried but I doubt Dear Leader would have signed off on the wages.
    Thanks for the reply.
    So players would be willing to come here and play less minutes if they like the manager, feel the club is going places, and they will get paid at the high end of their valuation? If true that would indicate building a deep squad is comes down to.... ownership ambition.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    MeerKat said:
    They include loads of tech that can basically tell you everything (and more) that a decent running watch can, but a bit more accurately too. Basically GPS, Heart Rate, Perceived Effort, Body Temperature, Hydration Levels and more.

Ours are more likely the ones that do just GPS, Activity Tracking & Heart Rates. 
    Pretty much right, other than ours provide far more data than you believe, to the extent that they can look at the data and tell when a player is getting fatigued and they need to tailor their training more specifically.

Previously, many players didn’t like it but now they’re understanding it better and actually wanting to use it out of choice.
  • Options
    I don't actually think squad depth has been that much of a problem under RD recently at least. Yes we were a striker short after selling Grant and not allowing Bowyer a 4th senior striker was baffling but I think some on here are blowing things out of proportion. I don't think it's a case of Williams OR Oztumer for instance and I don't think it was a case of Bauer OR Lockyer.

I think if Bauer had stayed we wouldn't have signed Lockyer. Not because I don't think RD would have sanctioned the wages i'm sure he would have but I doubt Lockyer would have wanted to come and sit on the bench, he would have probably gone elsewhere for first team football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Morro would be an absolutely unreal signing for us. I have a feeling he will end up at a team pushing for promotion though next season 
    A slightly rose-tinted view tbh
    Agreed, he's a solid Championship player but no more
    A solid Championship player, nah, we don't need that in the Championship.

Remember that he finished 9th with Charlton in the Championship and was near the top six with Birmingham under Rowett until Birmingham had a collective brain fart and replaced Rowett with Zola.
    He’d be good enough for us, but promotion chasing clubs won’t be after him.
  • Options
    With Aubameyang and Lacazette ahead of him, i don't really think he needs to wait to see how it will go.
  • Options
    With Aubameyang and Lacazette ahead of him, i don't really think he needs to wait to see how it will go.
    Yet people will kick off if we go into the season with 2 strikers......
  • Options
    Olly Lee, son of Robert, worth a look? Hearts willing to let him return to England
  • Options
    addickson said:
    Olly Lee, son of Robert, worth a look? Hearts willing to let him return to England
    Always liked him .

Would he return to Luton ?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    They also have Iwobi but yeh that is about it. Maybe he thinks he can push into the 1st team this year if they dont buy another forward.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    They also have Iwobi but yeh that is about it. Maybe he thinks he can push into the 1st team this year if they dont buy another forward.
    More of an attacking wide player than an out and out 4-4-2 striker to me. Indeed with Welbeck gone, Nketiah is probably next in line at the moment (which says a lot about Arsenal's squad building in recent years!)
  • Options
    Fairly strong rumours Aubameyang will be let go to make room for Zaha though. And he's not an out and out striker so think there's half a chance Nketiah will be in and around the Arsenal squad to be honest. 
  • Options
    Nketiah may change his mind if Arsenal sign Zaha.