Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol Rovers v Charlton - Post Match Views

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Although that quote from the Barnsley Forum makes me think of a Yorkshire A2C from the 606 Forum
    I remember A2C from the Charlton Babes site about 15 years ago!

I'd forgotten about him and his mockney....
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Shocking by Bowyer today. Should be going into every game with our strongest team.  Sarr has been quality no need to drop him and Aribo is our best player by far.  Not one shot on goal is pathetic.  
    Other than the one cleared off the line ? Admittedly we didn't pose much of a threat up top but it was a horrible game generally, played in horrible conditions.  
  • Options
    Spanish said:
    Nicholas said:
    Shocking by Bowyer today. Should be going into every game with our strongest team.  Sarr has been quality no need to drop him and Aribo is our best player by far.  Not one shot on goal is pathetic.  
    Other than the one cleared off the line ? Admittedly we didn't pose much of a threat up top but it was a horrible game generally, played in horrible conditions.  
    Oh and the disallowed goal... I was there honest !!

• Options
    One positive is that Cullen has got himself in genuine goal scoring positions in recent games. Doncaster, Pompey and now Bristol Rovers. 
    Did Cullen get given the Donny goal do we know?

Remember reading an interview with him afterwards saying that he was going to appeal for it as felt it was on target
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I see that Barnsley have lost midfielder Kenny Dougall for the rest of the season, broken leg.

They also lost their leading goalscorer Keifer Moore a few weeks ago, serious head injury, also out for the rest of the season.

Their fans are worried that an already small squad is too thin to sustain their promotion bid.

Barnsley are unbeaten in 18 games.
    Though 4 draws and only 2 wins in their last 6.

They've got this really solid defence ...... 6 clean sheets in a row right now.
    That's impressive.

Edit: Here's a post on the Barnsley forum (yes, I'm bored at lunchtime). Sounds a bit like us:

"A think wiv done marvellous considering injuries and suspensions. We lacked a cutting edge in the last 2 games but defensively we look very good. Just soldier on best we can. If we fall short of automatic promotion after 46 games then those idiotic sales in January will be a key factor. It is what it is, bugga all we can do abart it nar"
    Solid at the back, no cutting edge up front, idiotic player sales in January, done well despite injuries and suspensions...

Sounds familiar!
  • Options
    One positive is that Cullen has got himself in genuine goal scoring positions in recent games. Doncaster, Pompey and now Bristol Rovers. 
    Crucial really, especially if Bielik is playing as well. With 2 defensive full backs, we don't need SIX defensive outfield players.
  • Options
    Did Cullen get given the Donny goal do we know?

Remember reading an interview with him afterwards saying that he was going to appeal for it as felt it was on target
    from where I was sitting, his 'shot' would have ended up nearer the corner flag than the back of the net .. sorry Josh  ((:>)
  • Options
    a point closer to playoffs imo 2nd was always a long shot we haven't seen enough games out ( pboro being the one that sticks in mind ), some of the player marks seem suprised that a fella that could not get in a gills team isn't that good. 
  • Options
    Just started watching Breaking Bad , Reeves reminds me of Jesse Pinkman 
    Enjoy the Breaking Bad journey. That's some show. Very dark but addicting in a strange way. I often used to think "why am I watching this?!" but I kept on doing it.

Off topic I know for the post match thread but wanted to comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dillon Phillips named as 'The Times' L1 player of the week  .. the accolade reads .. QUOTE .. A superb display in goal featured a memorable stop from a Jonson Clarke-Harris free kick that secured a goalless draw away to  Bristol Rovers .. UNQUOTE

As an aside, Clarke-Harris never can't much enjoy playing against us .. I recall a missed penalty for Rotherham at the N Y Stadium a few seasons back.
    No mention of his kicking!
  • Options
    Dillon Phillips named as 'The Times' L1 player of the week  .. the accolade reads .. QUOTE .. A superb display in goal featured a memorable stop from a Jonson Clarke-Harris free kick that secured a goalless draw away to  Bristol Rovers .. UNQUOTE

As an aside, Clarke-Harris never can't much enjoy playing against us .. I recall a missed penalty for Rotherham at the N Y Stadium a few seasons back.
    No mention of his kicking!
    Poor journalism not to point out we could have got all the points if Phillips could kick as well as keep the ball out of his own net.
  • Options
    Just looked at Cullen's ruled out goal. Yes, it looked on-side but it's impossible for the linesman. He's over on the left-back side and can't possibly see when the ball is being played across. Of course, he could have allowed the goal to stand if he was in doubt but either way he would be guessing. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Just looked at Cullen's ruled out goal. Yes, it looked on-side but it's impossible for the linesman. He's over on the left-back side and can't possibly see when the ball is being played across. Of course, he could have allowed the goal to stand if he was in doubt but either way he would be guessing. 
    If that was the case, then the lino was not even in the correct position to signal offside.

If he wasn't 100% sure and was guessing, he should not flag.