Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol Rovers v Charlton - Post Match Views

always a bit disappointed when we don’t win but conditions were difficult today. 

Unbeaten in seven games, just one defeat in thirteen. Little rest and recharge will hopefully do us some good.

thoughts on the game?

Comments

• Simply not good enough
  • Difficult conditions, you could see we were clearly the better side, but I was more worried about them scoring than hopeful we would.
  • Was always going to be tough (they have a scarily good defensive record of late) and the weather conditions didn't help either.

Just need something to drop into the net from a set piece but didn't break for us today.
  • Strong swirling winds made the game difficult and the football unpredictable for both teams.

Dillon got himself another clean sheet - but we're not scoring goals.

• edited March 2019
    Seemed like chances for both sides were kept to a minimum. 

A clean sheet away from home is always a good result. 

Still 11 points from 7th which should be enough to guarantee a play off spot. 

This break should be enough for the strongest 11 to come back for remainder of season. 
  • Weather played a massive part but we didn’t gamble today. 5 at the back to start with said it all. We had the swirling wind second half but didn’t have a shot 
  • I’m ok with the point but disappointed that we generally don’t seem to score many goals. 

I think this this will be our downfall if we make the playoffs.

Forget about top 2. It ain’t happening.
  • Good defensive display with our first choice back three.

Clean sheet, not many of those recently, but we don't score enough.

Chance to rest and recover before we face the bottom team at home in two weeks time.
  • One point gained 
    Or two points dropped. 
    With Pompy winning I would say definitely two points dropped .
    Will we make the playoffs yes.
    But I think it's important to finish above Pompy for obvious reasons. 
  • I’m ok with the point but disappointed that we generally don’t seem to score many goals. 

I think this this will be our downfall if we make the playoffs.

Forget about top 2. It ain’t happening.
    It will put us at risk, whoever we play. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We've scored nine in ten games which is pathetic at L1 level. At least our defence is solid.
  • Rather conservative team selection, if you're playing 3 CBs why not Marshall as a wing back for example
  • Djiksteel is a good athlete and reasonable defender but his touch is awful and attacking play is junk 
    purrington isn’t a good athlete but is an ok defender with an ok touch with junk attacking play who appeals for every throw really annoyingly .

good to see a clean sheet, welcome back Jason Pearce who is our very own poor mans ramos tugging and pulling the oppo forwards about and getting away with it.

awful conditions , fair result although our offside goal was very tight and another day we may have got it .

automatics gone now , play off jostling for position left to play for .

• Southend in a bit of trouble, only out of the relegation places on GD and now only 3 points above a resurgent Wimbledon
  • Missed a trick not putting a bet on 0-0. Another point in the bag though so we move on. Glad I didn’t go from the reports. 
  • Top 2 teams both dropped points this weekend.

We needed a win today to keep momentum. There's 8 games left, plenty of twists and turns to come.
    No game for a fortnight now. Interested to hear what Lee Bowyers says after the game:
  • Oggy Red said:
    Strong swirling winds made the game difficult and the football unpredictable for both teams.

Dillon got himself another clean sheet - but we're not scoring goals.

I must of been dreaming the last few weeks then could of sworn we'd scored two in the week and last Saturday 
  • A draw was probably a fair result even if we did look the better team.

Frustrating though as once again our decision making on the ball near the penalty box was awful. So many times we had chances to have a go at goal from about 25 yards and didn't with chances eventually coming to nothing. In those conditions the players should have had more of a go from distance with the wind having so much effect on the game. 
  • Sponsored links:

Chance to rest and recover before we face the bottom team at home in two weeks time.
    5 clean sheets in the last 11 games - I'd say that was quite a few.
    1 clean sheet in the previous 7 games 

5 clean sheets in the last 11 games - I'd say that was quite a few.
    1 clean sheet in the previous 7 games 
    Hey, Oohaah .... our current record is 1 clean sheet in the last 1 game.  :-)

• Our last 2 clean sheets were also 0-0 (Posh away and Blackpool home)
  • Watched on Ifollow. Neither team were very good but the weather did play a big part. We tried to keep the ball on the deck which was sensible in the circumstances but we didn’t really create anything so a goalless draw is a fair result. It’s unlikely well catch the front runners. So it‘s important we take a bit of form into the play offs. Onwards and upwards. We have a break to recharge the batteries and get some of the injured players back to full fitness 
  • edited March 2019
    Main disappointment was not being able to capitalise on Luton and Barnsley both drawing. 

Seven points in one week is a good showing.

Weather sounded a major factor in the match at an in form club. Happy to get back to keeping a clean sheet and hopefully we will have a couple more bodies back for our next match in two weeks time.

• edited March 2019
    We were the better team, but a draw seemed right. Phillips made the save of the season and there was a bit of a ruck in The Wellington before KO. 
  • edited March 2019
    One point gained 
    Or two points dropped. 
    With Pompy winning I would say definitely two points dropped .
    Will we make the playoffs yes.
    But I think it's important to finish above Pompy for obvious reasons. 
    1 point gained.
    I said we would lose 2-0 on a windy and rainy day so I'm surprised we got a draw.

We have lost so much fire power with Karlan Grant leaving in the window. 
    We will continue to draw games to the end
    of the season.

The players can now rest and the injured and ill midfielders can now get fit for Bradford in Two weeks.

I don't care if we finish 5th as long as the main players are fit for the play offs.
    So we play the home game first, no problem if main players fit. Taylor, Cullen, Williams, Aribo,Sarr, Bielik and in the home leg Reeves.
  • We don't miss Grant at all.
  • Dijksteel is one of the most extreme examples of a player who's Premiership class at one thing and non-league at another that I can think of. His physicality, ball-carrying and tackling are really something else. But his passing...I mean have we had a worse passer, ever?