Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol Rovers v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    Coventry making a late push. One to keep an eye on. 
    Done the double over us too
    Mentioned this on the match thread.
    (And neither of you gave me a like, meanies  ;) )
    Never saw the match thread today so a 'like' for you here
    Why  :)
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    * "March winds & April showers bring forth May showers" FLOWERS!
    Theresa?  :)
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Would be good to have a post match view thread with comments from people at the game
    A lot of us would have seen the game via iFollow though from home...
    Not the same
  • Options
    And and the same for player marks please
  • Options
    I don't miss many games but I love to hear from fans actually at the game rather than waffle
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    Coventry making a late push. One to keep an eye on. 
    Done the double over us too
    Mentioned this on the match thread.
    (And neither of you gave me a like, meanies  ;) )
    Never saw the match thread today so a 'like' for you here
    Why  :)
    'Cos I'm a lazy git sometimes and didn't want to wade through pages to find it
  • Options
    razil said:
    Only caught second half - Djksteel seemed to be playing attacking football did he have a poor first half?
    I thought he was our best player. 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Conditions stopped any chance of a football match taking place, we were marginally better when we had the ball but just lacked that final cutting edge, Dillon's save in the first half was superb. The ref seemed to give some bizarre decisions today, both sides benefited/suffered from them but good to see some 'old style drop balls' in stead of this modern kick it back to them nonsense.  

Strange atmosphere in the ground, @charltonnick's idea to walk back to the station 'its only 20 minutes' was not his best  especially when I checked and my ticket was from Bristol Parkway, anyway no-one checked it and had a good chat all the way back with the odd sing song to help dry us out. 

Was nice meeting you yesterday. 
    Am pleased you avoided the punch up in The Wellington yesterday mate.
    I had a front row seat sipping my pint watching it all unfold, until pints started getting thrown 
    that is dissapointing

hope it wasnt fosters
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    This isn't one of them it's onside because it's us but offside if it's bristol rovers.
    We then have 50 posts on the decision and makes no difference because the ref gave offside.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LouisMend said:
    Jesus Christ - not even close, he is level so he is onside.

Very frustrating decision.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Jesus Christ - not even close, he is level so he is onside.

Very frustrating decision.
    It's a shame we don't have Christ as the ref every game; being the son of God, he'd be infallible and every decision would be correct.  He'd even know when to overrule a twat of an assistant referee giving offside when it's not.
  • Options
    Would someone like to criticise Dillon's kicking today? I'm assuming that's the reason we didn't win.
    I thought some of Dillon's kicking was a bit poor.  With better kicking at one end of the pitch, I'm sure we'd have got all three points at the other end of the pitch.
    Thanks. Dillon's kicking has cost us a place in the top two.
  • Options
    You can tell from that pic that Cullen was onside. 
  • Options
    Doesn’t look offside but Is Cullens shoulder more forward than the defenders , prolly not and mm if so
    i know it’s any part you can score that’s in front of any part that can stop I presume ...at a guess 
  • Options
    It doesn't matter, because the ref didn't give it and nothing we can do about it anyway.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter, because the ref didn't give it and nothing we can do about it anyway.
    Apparently he was so upset by Dillon's kicking he decided to punish us - heard this on good authority.
  • Options
    You can tell from that pic that Cullen was onside. 
    You cant tell from the picture, simply because it's angle is not in line with the incident. The best that can be said is that it is inconclusive.
  • Options
    There is a white line conveniently painted on the grass that gives you a good clue.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    In the playoffs I genuinely believe every team has the same chance. League form doesn’t really count for much.
    Exactly, its like an isolated mini competition. 

We beat Shrewsbury late in the season in their own backyard only for them to beat us fairly comfortably (home and away!) in the playoffs barely a few weeks later. 

Its debatable that losing to Rochdale in the last game of the season actually had any effect on our play-off performance, Im not sure what scenario would have lead to us getting to Wembley last season. Maybe if we did score in the opening minutes of the home leg which was probably our best spell over the two legs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is a white line conveniently painted on the grass that gives you a good clue.
    White line, yes; bad camera angle yes; inconclusive, yes.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    In the playoffs I genuinely believe every team has the same chance. League form doesn’t really count for much.

We beat Shrewsbury late in the season in their own backyard only for them to beat us fairly comfortably (home and away!) in the playoffs barely a few weeks later. 

Its debatable that losing to Rochdale in the last game of the season actually had any effect on our play-off performance, Im not sure what scenario would have lead to us getting to Wembley last season. Maybe if we did score in the opening minutes of the home leg which was probably our best spell over the two legs?
    and of course, Rotherham who we beat twice in the league, won the play off final v Shrewsbury
  • Options
    Union of referees - yes
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

and of course, Rotherham who we beat twice in the league, won the play off final v Shrewsbury
    Union of referees - yes
    Not at all. I have not defended the referees decision, because the angle of the camera shot makes calling inconclusive. Simples...
  • Options
    Its typical Charlton really isnt it...

They say decisions even themselves out over the course of a season but for us its TWO bloody weeks!!

Doncaster you could argue we didnt deserve a point after their late goal which their fans felt should have counted; Bristol Rovers we get an offside goal ruled out which in turn makes our fans think it should have counted

Could have had four points from those decisions, could just as easily have ended up with one
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Blimey thats crazy that Dougall has broken his leg

I remember seeing that challenge on Friday night and thought it nothing more than a dead leg that was stopping him from playing on

Although that quote from the Barnsley Forum makes me think of a Yorkshire A2C from the 606 Forum
  • Options

Although that quote from the Barnsley Forum makes me think of a Yorkshire A2C from the 606 Forum
    I remember A2C from the Charlton Babes site about 15 years ago!

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Oggy Red said:

Edit: Here's a post on the Barnsley forum (yes, I'm bored at lunchtime). Sounds a bit like us:

"A think wiv done marvellous considering injuries and suspensions. We lacked a cutting edge in the last 2 games but defensively we look very good. Just soldier on best we can. If we fall short of automatic promotion after 46 games then those idiotic sales in January will be a key factor. It is what it is, bugga all we can do abart it nar"
    Is he literally writing in his accent?
    Ha ha .... the whole point of my post completely lost because some Yorkshire flat cap writes as if he's talking to his whippet.