Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Naby Sarr.

Comments

• Options
    Naby is a revelation,he will only improve as he gets more experience.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Does Pearce replace him when he's back fit? 
    Seeing as we’ve been poor for some time what’s the harming in trying three at the back?

Who would be the wing-backs?
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Seeing as we’ve been poor for some time what’s the harming in trying three at the back?

Marshall would be a good wingback and Page definitely suits the role aswell
  • Options
    Btw isnt Nabby the last player to score against Palace in a competitive match (even if we did lose 4-1)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    _nam11 said:
    Wise words.
  • Options
    We all dream of a team of Naby Sarr's  :)
  • Options
    I will admit I was slightly tongue in Cheek a year ago when I said the cream always rises to the top regarding Naby. 
    Even before the 25 second cameo against Wimbledon (red card) he was improving, 
    Since then Naby Sarr have been excellent, it's a shame the other players can't be as consistent as him.
    The 45 yard pass to Marshall yesterday deserved a better finish.
    The Bambi on ice that turned up from Benfica has blossomed into a Stag.

Sporting Lisbon!!!
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I will admit I was slightly tongue in Cheek a year ago when I said the cream always rises to the top regarding Naby. 
    Since then Naby Sarr have been excellent, it's a shame the other players can't be as consistent as him.

Sporting Lisbon!!!
    I need to replace my researcher !

Being a spoken word and poet among the café, pubs and clubs of old London town,
    Bambi, Benfica and Blossomed had a certain alliteration.

I guess Sporting and stag may work.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Sporting Lisbon!!!
    Christ dont let Sporting Club de Portugal fans hear you call them that ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The first time i saw him play was a midweek game, i cant remember against who. We were 2 or 3 down at halftime and i remember saying to my old man that naby was the worst player that id ever seen! Football fans are obviously prone to over react, but i honestly don't think i was that far off the mark! Fast forward to Saturday and a MOTM performance. A completely different player. He was the best player on the pitch and any neutral watching would be wondering how the hell this lad is playing in division 3! After years of ridicule, being loaned out and ignored by previous managers, bowyer has given him confidence and the freedom to play. Credit to naby for his hard work though, it could have been very easy to sit on the sidelines picking up a decent salary, but he wants to play and has proved so many people wrong. Amazing tgat hes being touted by a few as POTY!
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    The first time i saw him play was a midweek game, i cant remember against who. We were 2 or 3 down at halftime and i remember saying to my old man that naby was the worst player that id ever seen! Football fans are obviously prone to over react, but i honestly don't think i was that far off the mark! Fast forward to Saturday and a MOTM performance. A completely different player. He was the best player on the pitch and any neutral watching would be wondering how the hell this lad is playing in division 3! After years of ridicule, being loaned out and ignored by previous managers, bowyer has given him confidence and the freedom to play. Credit to naby for his hard work though, it could have been very easy to sit on the sidelines picking up a decent salary, but he wants to play and has proved so many people wrong. Amazing tgat hes being touted by a few as POTY!
    I've always thought he was a decent player but was prone to switching off and making careless errors which as a central defender you can't afford to do. I'm glad he's getting some recognition and if he keeps playing like this he should be playing at a higher level.

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    JamesSeed said:

Marshall would be a good wingback and Page definitely suits the role aswell

Agreed....but Page isn't available and might not play again this season (games are running out fast).

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    I've always thought he was a decent player but was prone to switching off and making careless errors which as a central defender you can't afford to do. I'm glad he's getting some recognition and if he keeps playing like this he should be playing at a higher level.

Naby or Miguel Llera? 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Btw isnt Nabby the last player to score against Palace in a competitive match (even if we did lose 4-1)

Yes, powerful header from a corner. Ironically, something he hasn't really looked like doing too often in the last two seasons.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    YTS1978 said:

Naby or Miguel Llera? 
    Naby at his worst never reached the level of Llera. I still have nightmares remembering the days of Llera and Doherty in central defence - no pace, error prone and not much sign of footballing ability.

Llera could deliver the odd killer pass but it didn't really make up for the rest of his game.

One thing in Llera's favour is the amazing equalizer he scored in our 2-2 draw against Swindon when were down to nine men - a great moment!
  • Options
    It is good to see Naby doing well lately, and he deserves the plaudits he is receiving. However, it's too little too late in my opinion. He's been at our club since 2015, and it's effectively taken him 3-4 years to actually put in some decent performances for us. With his contract up in the summer it could be interpreted, rather cynically, that he has only raised his game as he needs to find a new club in the summer. However, I do not think Naby is like that. It's good to see him doing well at last, but he has really been a poor signing for us overall.

His Contract runs until 2020

Its not just this season he's been putting in decent performances either
    Yes, it is .  Fair play to him- he’s been really superb recently 
  • Options
    When Lyle Taylor starts his next ban (soon) I would play him upfront, as long as Pearce is fit to come back.  By all accounts Naby is a nice geezer ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    When Lyle Taylor starts his next ban (soon) I would play him upfront, as long as Pearce is fit to come back.  By all accounts Naby is a nice geezer ...
    Naby is great with the ball at this feet with everything in front of him but it's totally different with your back to goal or on the half turn. Would he have the movement and be far too slow? We'd lose one of our few creative elements because he starts so many moves with his passing, so we'd have to go more direct (which might be a good thing...)
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Naby is great with the ball at this feet with everything in front of him but it's totally different with your back to goal or on the half turn. Would he have the movement and be far too slow? We'd lose one of our few creative elements because he starts so many moves with his passing, so we'd have to go more direct (which might be a good thing...)
    Doesn’t matter if you have to go direct if you’ve got Naby up top
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Kap10 said:

Yes, powerful header from a corner. Ironically, something he hasn't really looked like doing too often in the last two seasons.
    He always stands in the very middle of the six-yard box and usually has two men marking him. I think the idea is generally to use his danger to create space for others
  • Options
    I thought Taylor was a shoo-in for POTY but Naby's form in the last few games has been immense. He also does those little tricks like the shoulder drop last Saturday or the throw in where the opposition thought it was going to be long and he played it really short that you remember as things that make a match memorable. 
    I'd have him take some free kicks for sure as he can place a ball over distance. He won't get them all right but it's got to be better than our other options.
    I'm really pleased for him.
  • Options
    Mind you - haven't we lost our POTY every year since it was last Chris Solly? 
  • Options
    I’ve had a soft spot for Naby ever since he got back in the squad last season, he’d taken dogs abuse up until that point but still stuck with it and developed his game immensely to the point we’re at now. He’s had his ups and downs between then and now but it seems like in the past few months he’s really come in to his own and is showing the player that people once thought he was. If we don’t go up (even if we do) I can’t see a left footed centre back as dominant as he is and as good on the ball as he is not having his suitors, especially abroad.
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Mind you - haven't we lost our POTY every year since it was last Chris Solly? 
    Jordan Cousins won it twice on the trot before leaving after the second win

Jay Dasilva won last year but then again he was only on loan - Poyet and Holmes the other two winners