Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Naby Sarr.

Comments

• He played very well today, although Southend were not exactly pouring forwards so he had more time than usual to pick his passes. He did still have a couple of Naby moments, most notably that free kick into no man’s land that could’ve got us into more bother than it did. 

It’s a tough call because Sarr is giving us a lot at the moment, but I think we miss Pearce’s leadership as well. We know they can’t both play in a 2. 
  •  

many fewer mistakes. 
    You been drinking?
    Yes I have. The grammar isn’t great but I will stick with the sentiment. 
  • Fast becoming my favourite player.

Still can have the odd hiccup, but he's probably got the best passing range of anyone in the squad, and boy he can shoot, we need to get him in those positions more.

He seems to be really enjoying his football as well, keep it up Naby.
  • Pearce said on commentary that Naby is one of the best finishers at the club
  • And people still question Driesen knew what he was doing?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    This is going to be incredibly unpopular, good job I can't get a flag :wink:

When he came to the club, it was obvious that he had great potential, due the comical miss management of the Bekiey, Morrison and Johnson situation he ended up being 3rd choice center half way before he was ready.  Then BFG got injured and he was suddenly playing championship football far to soon.  Yes he was older than Gomez but was new to the country, couldn't speak the language and not many people are as good at 20 as Gomez was at 17.

When BFG leaves in the summer Nabby will be the last player signed by "the network scout" at the club. 

In my mind, over an 18 month period, we signed Negro, Tucadean, Cebullos, Ba, Sarr and BFG, all very young, all very inexperienced in men's football, let alone English football. All treated diabolically by the "club". 

They all got thrown into the first team with little or no chance to settle or develope. If they had been signed for the u23s and given 2 years, mark my words they would all be good championship players now.  Instead they were either given inappropriate loans or paid off.

Poor poor management of the assets. I actually think they were all worth "acquiring" most not necessarily for the fee, or terms, we paid. 

Polish Pete is a diffrent story though
    Bikey
    Nego 
    Tucudean
    Ceballos

If you can't get their names right, I simply cannot trust your judgement of them.

• The ceballos corner sticks in the mind though eh?
  • sam3110 said:
    Pearce said on commentary that Naby is one of the best finishers at the club
    Really strange why Bowyer didn't shift Sarr up front for the last few minutes, would have done a better job than Reeco...
  • Taylor should walk the POTY, Grant would have got the runner up BUT is the Nabster coming up on the rails ?
    I would've been flaged(asked your dad about that young CL members) or LOL three months ago with that suggestion.
    (I might still be !)
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Really strange why Bowyer didn't shift Sarr up front for the last few minutes, would have done a better job than Reeco...
    He wouldn't have been able to put in that pinpoint cross to himself though
  • sam3110 said:
    Yes and Southend break away and  score the winner because Naby trying to emulate Aguero !

If only we had a team of SARR's
  • sam3110 said:
    Yes and Southend break away and  score the winner because Naby trying to emulate Aguero !

You'd bring on a defender to compensate (say Dijksteel) instead of Reeco
  • Nobby has been great this season. Thought he would get a late winner today but not to be. When all fit and not suspended we have the best defence in this dreadful League and the Nobster is an integral part of it. I can easily forgive some of his more maverick passes because he never seems to lose his head when the pressure is on.  Loved the way he bulldozered his way into the box late on today - wish he was able to do that more often. 
  • I don't get to see him very much but I remember being quite impressed on the first occasion I saw him, in a sparse crowd for a League Cup game against Dagenham and Redbridge.

I looked out for his ratings after that whenever he appeared for the first team and was often disappointed to see him being marked very lowly with many moaning about error-filled performances.

I'm so pleased he has come throughy to become an important team member and I still look for his ratin on the Player Marks thread, and it's great to see a few MOM preformances this season. Despite suspensions, Taylor should walk POTY but Naby for second place? Must be in with a shout.

• sam3110 said:

You'd bring on a defender to compensate (say Dijksteel) instead of Reeco
    After the Coventry home game when we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by going gung Ho, Lee wasn't going to just stick him as a number 9 because he was playing so well as CB, LB, Midfield, long throw expert, and was the main guy putting the ball into the box as Marshall and Fosu were so erratic 
    Plus young Dijksteel would have got pelters from the usual suspects if an error led to a goal.
    As it was he spent plenty of time in the oppositions box as we had corner after corner.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Have always rated him, and thought he’d improve with age.
    He might get one of the highest player ratings of the season for today’s performance. It was...memorable. 
    Wish he’d shoot more because he has lead in his boots.
    And it might be worth letting him take the odd free kick if within range (40 yards).
    I'd like to see that and it's not as if we've got anyone doing any good with free-kicks. About time we had another El-Kharkouri net buster!
  • Sponsored links:

• Nabbs is a very good league one defender.
    We overpaid for him, but this is his level. 
    I'm unsure if we can  carry him into the championship next year. 
    Championship? Think you're taking a bit for granted there mate. And I would have no problem playing him with if we defied the odds (and Duchatelet) and reached the next tier.
  • edited February 2019
    Another cracking display today - pleasure watching Naby at present. 
    He pulled off a classic body swerve today. Sent the defender the wrong way with the drop of a shoulder. Love ‘im!
  • Simonsen said:
    Said it on the other thread but today he looked so good in the air, on top of all the other good stuff. If he carries on like that, he's starting to look far too good for this league. 

He's got the skills and the vision. If the defensive side carries on developing he's going to have a very good career. 
    Has always been a good player but far too prone to careless errors in the past - seems to have improved his concentration and is cutting out the errors. A class act at present who looks capable of playing at a higher level.

I'm really pleased he's turned things around. 
  • A run of games irons out errors. There are worse defenders in the Premiership.