Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Went last May, but not today. But very pleased they got revenge for that day when some of the Salop fans lacked class.

Exciting league this.

Wonder if the wanker in orange was there today...he was giving it the big-un in the play-off game up there.
  • Options

Went last May, but not today. But very pleased they got revenge for that day when some of the Salop fans lacked class.

Exciting league this.

Wonder if the wanker in orange was there today...he was giving it the big-un in the play-off game up there.
    If he was then he wasn't wearing orange, we were enquiring where he was though. There was a geyser in white who took some stick!
  • Options

LouisMend said:
    Good news. Where did this rumour start?
    On Charlton Life
  • Options
    How nice to see all these positive comments,hardly a mention of RD,long may it continue,lets forget all about him and get behind the team.Be great to see 15000 at the Valley on saturday.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Callum posted this already but worth it for the nutmeg by KG

Really impressed by the referee's movement in keeping up with play.

Watch him keeping pace with Grant's run; and only a yard outside the box when he gave the penalty decision. He couldn't have been better placed.

How the commentors thought it was a free kick on the edge of the box ..... well, what game were they watching?

He had a decent view but was still 10 yards outside the box
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

On a further note it remains frustrating that everyone around us has a game in hand yet that looks to be wrapped up by mid-February

Although none of them appear to be that easy

As a break down

Portsmouth and Luton both have a game in hand on us: (Tues 29th Jan: Luton v Portsmouth)
    Sunderland have two games in hand (12th Feb: v Blackpool and 19th Feb v Gillingham both at home)
    Barnsley also have two games in hand (29th Jan v Oxford (A) and one other which hasnt been confirmed yet)

Have a feeling that Barnsley will get one of the automatic spots, they're a really good side.

Sunderland draw too many games and Maja looks like leaving.
    Luton i expect to drop off a bit now that Jones has gone.
    Portsmouth still have to play away to us, Luton and Sunderland and also could be distracted by still being in 2 cups.

So it's up to us to march on and nick the other promotion spot.
    I still think it'll be Sunderland plus one other

Portsmouth: Need to drop a lot of points, might now happen with the loss of Ben Thompson
    Luton: I think the loss of Nathan Jones has ended their hopes
    Sunderland: Look very impressive at the Valley, they have their faults but their games in hand might just be enough
    Charlton: We know where the goal is but we do leak goals, if the attacking midfielder is our last incoming then that could be a BIG signing
    Barnsley: Do they have enough goals in them?
    Peterborough: After an impressive start they're having their usual season and dont see them as a threat
    Doncaster: Doing really well to keep pace but dont think they've the talent at the end of the day to be a serious danger
    They've only scored 3 less than Pompey and Sunderland.......and they have games in hand.
  • Options
    So when everyone’s fit (probably never gonna happen), what’s our best eleven?
  • Options

Scum losing 2-0

Just discovered you can't lol and like the same post!
  • Options
    Unlike last season, there are no real shock packages fighting for the automatic places, unlike previous seasons where the likes of Yeovil and Burton have gone up, or Shrewsbury finishing 3rd last season and Fleetwood 4th the year before.

Instead we have a top 7 filled by teams with recent experience of the Championship or higher, or clubs like Luton and Pompey who are returning back to their historical levels
  • Options
    We have scored more pens than anyone in the top 4 divisions.
    (according to Sky).
    The Nabster is playing at his best and Taylor is different class.
  • Options
    Interesting times at the mo - game at home v Pompey could be huge.

However in the shorter term, We are the only team at home next week out of top 6 other than Luton (v Posh)

• Options

On a further note it remains frustrating that everyone around us has a game in hand yet that looks to be wrapped up by mid-February

Although none of them appear to be that easy

As a break down

Portsmouth and Luton both have a game in hand on us: (Tues 29th Jan: Luton v Portsmouth)
    Sunderland have two games in hand (12th Feb: v Blackpool and 19th Feb v Gillingham both at home)
    Barnsley also have two games in hand (29th Jan v Oxford (A) and one other which hasnt been confirmed yet)

Have a feeling that Barnsley will get one of the automatic spots, they're a really good side.

Sunderland draw too many games and Maja looks like leaving.
    Luton i expect to drop off a bit now that Jones has gone.
    Portsmouth still have to play away to us, Luton and Sunderland and also could be distracted by still being in 2 cups.

So it's up to us to march on and nick the other promotion spot.

Barnsley: Do they have enough goals in them?
    Interesting point, Forever.

I thought I'd have a look at the goals scored by the promotion chasing pack.
    Leading the way is:

Luton on 50 goals scored.
    Doncaster: 49 ..... (bloated by the fact they hit 5 past Rochdale last week, beaten by everybody recently).
    Peterborough: 47
    Sunderland: 47
    Charlton: 46
    Pompey: 46
    Barnsley: 43

Well, I reckon that's all much of a muchness, as far as goals scored.

As far as Barnsley are concerned, they've only got to give a struggling side a 4 goal beating and they've scored more goals than the League leaders ..... and they are well capable of that.

• Options
    edited January 2019

We have scored more pens than anyone in the top 4 divisions.
    (according to Sky).
    The Nabster is playing at his best and Taylor is different class.

An amazing turnaround, was it 2 or 3 years ago when we had no penalties at all one season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Exciting league this.

Probably still recovering from the smack down he got on the pitch!
  • Options
    edited January 2019

The good news is we don't have a best 11 when everyone's fit. What we do have is the best 18 in League 1; will be a great problem for Lee Bowyer to have.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Personally

---------------Phillips-------------------
    Solly BFG Pearce Page
    ----------------Bielik---------------------
    -----------Aribo Cullen---------------
    ---------------Williams----------------
    -----------Taylor Grant---------------

Harsh on Naby I know but if we are leading towards the end take Williams off for Naby to defend the lead, but personally thing BFG and Pearce are 1 of the greatest partnerships at Centre Back we have had
  • Options
    Sage said:

How many are Grant and Taylor on now?

Taylor has 15 goals and 8 assists in all competitions, 12 in the league.

Grant has 13 goals and 5 assists, all in the league.
    Sage said:

How many are Grant and Taylor on now?

Brilliant result, these 2 are the best partnership we’ve had in years.

Taylor is a legend in the making
  • Options
    No idea what happened with my quoted comment above !!
  • Options

Best team if everyone was fit...?

Phillips
    Solly. Sarr. Beilik. Page
    Cullen
    Aribo. Fosu
    Williams
    Grant. Taylor

Bench
    Maxwell, Bauer, Pearce, Lapslie, Morgan
    Purrington, Reeves

Can't argue with that.
  • Options
    Other than Solly, Grant and Taylor, I'm not sure anyone is an automatic starter when everyone is fit. I highlight those 3 as Solly is clearly the first choice RB, and the 2 strikers are clearly our first choice. At CB we have 4 excellent options, while in midfield we have a glut of permutations.
  • Options
    Great result we win , scum and palace lose

Play offs guaranteed e i e i e i o