Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    thenewbie said:

3-0 Grant (pen) 79'

Great penalty, no faffing about, just steps up and wallows it into the corner
    Yeah was a bit concerned at first seeing Arnold had gotten the better of him today

Also his penalty at Burton felt weak so expected the same today - Yet much better as you say
  • Options
    Get in there.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

3-0 Grant (pen) 79'

Yeah was a bit concerned at first seeing Arnold had gotten the better of him today

Also his penalty at Burton felt weak so expected the same today - Yet much better as you say
    2-0, and near the end of the match is a pretty low pressure situation, maybe be was more nervous at Burton (which was to equalise)

I'm not sure we have an allotted penalty taker, seeing that Grant and Fosu have both taken them with Taylor on the pitch
  • Options

thenewbie said:

3-0 Grant (pen) 79'

2-0, and near the end of the match is a pretty low pressure situation, maybe be was more nervous at Burton (which was to equalise)

I'm not sure we have an allotted penalty taker, seeing that Grant and Fosu have both taken them with Taylor on the pitch
    Would still say it was Taylor; Fosu took one because it came after Lyle's first miss

Didnt Grant take the Burton penalty for the same reason, and today took it what seemed like on the insistence of Taylor
  • Options

On a further note it remains frustrating that everyone around us has a game in hand yet that looks to be wrapped up by mid-February

Although none of them appear to be that easy

As a break down

Portsmouth and Luton both have a game in hand on us: (Tues 29th Jan: Luton v Portsmouth)
    Sunderland have two games in hand (12th Feb: v Blackpool and 19th Feb v Gillingham both at home)
    Barnsley also have two games in hand (29th Jan v Oxford (A) and one other which hasnt been confirmed yet)

Have a feeling that Barnsley will get one of the automatic spots, they're a really good side.

Sunderland draw too many games and Maja looks like leaving.
    Luton i expect to drop off a bit now that Jones has gone.
    Portsmouth still have to play away to us, Luton and Sunderland and also could be distracted by still being in 2 cups.

So it's up to us to march on and nick the other promotion spot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    If we beat Luton and Pompey at home we won't be too far off them. Personally, I think we are better than those two - but they have picked up more points to date for a reason. It is up to us to put that right. If Taylor stays fit we ought to be feared. Jacket is a clever manager and has a system. But Lowe is the only Portsmouth player who would get into our best eleven for me.
  • Options

Great result made even better after the play off semi final last year

Was the wanker in orange there this time?
  • Options
    Watched on a stream with commentary from @KillersBeard and co. Thought Williams played very well, Purrington did nothing wrong and grew into the game, Taylor and Grant are now a good pairing up front and Grant could've had a hat-trick in second half. Sarr and Belik were immense, in fact overall a great performance all round.....well done lads. Excellent - onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Saw their fans waving goodbye to ours on the stream to be fair to them. At least I thought it was that. They seemed to have problems opening their hands whilst doing so. I know there is a medical condition that causes it but didn't realise it was so common. Might be very infectious.
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing Williams playing a full game at The Valley , great result , could be exciting times ahead , with players to come back into the side. Just got to hang on to the rest of the team for January !
  • Options

On a further note it remains frustrating that everyone around us has a game in hand yet that looks to be wrapped up by mid-February

Although none of them appear to be that easy

As a break down

Portsmouth and Luton both have a game in hand on us: (Tues 29th Jan: Luton v Portsmouth)
    Sunderland have two games in hand (12th Feb: v Blackpool and 19th Feb v Gillingham both at home)
    Barnsley also have two games in hand (29th Jan v Oxford (A) and one other which hasnt been confirmed yet)

Have a feeling that Barnsley will get one of the automatic spots, they're a really good side.

Sunderland draw too many games and Maja looks like leaving.
    Luton i expect to drop off a bit now that Jones has gone.
    Portsmouth still have to play away to us, Luton and Sunderland and also could be distracted by still being in 2 cups.

So it's up to us to march on and nick the other promotion spot.
    I still think it'll be Sunderland plus one other

Portsmouth: Need to drop a lot of points, might now happen with the loss of Ben Thompson
    Luton: I think the loss of Nathan Jones has ended their hopes
    Sunderland: Look very impressive at the Valley, they have their faults but their games in hand might just be enough
    Charlton: We know where the goal is but we do leak goals, if the attacking midfielder is our last incoming then that could be a BIG signing
    Barnsley: Do they have enough goals in them?
    Peterborough: After an impressive start they're having their usual season and dont see them as a threat
    Doncaster: Doing really well to keep pace but dont think they've the talent at the end of the day to be a serious danger
  • Options
    Started in 5-3-2 i thought with Bielik in CB. Looked a bit shaky, I felt we were uncertain who was doing what in a different formation.

Was back n forth n Phillips made a good save off his line early which was v important.

Once Taylor scored we went to 4-4-2 and seemed to get more in control as the game went on.

Shrews lost the will to fight after they went 2-0 down.

Good full debut for Purrington and Williams whose clearly capable of at least Championship football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Callum. Brilliant.
  • Options
    edited January 2019