Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    That’s a proper win.
    Can’t wait to see the player marks and comments.
    Love you Charlton.
    Well done lads.
  • Options
    Great result today. The teams in front of us will be looking back nervously even though they've got games in hand.
  • Options
    Well pleased with result today - it's made my weekend. Keep up the good work Lee Bowyer and Johnny Jackson
  • Options
    Play offs are almost certain.
    My Charlton top half bets are even more certain.
    Top two is a decent chance, depending on not too many injuries to key players.

Charlton in terminal decline ?
    Chizz, you're having a laugh.
  • Options
    I think we will miss out on automatic but when our midfielders are back we should be a strong outfit in the play offs. If we can get another striker in we will have our strongest squad since the Powell days easily
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the top 2 places are wide open. Pompey, Luton, Sunderland, us and Barnsley will all be fighting for them. A lot will depend on how the transfer window goes, as all of us want to strengthen, but are also at risk of losing players to the Championship
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    We have the equivalent of quality signings coming back from injury. I think the most important thing is not to lose anybody. Taylor is such a big player for us, losing him would be a blow to our chances, but not sure how that issue can be solved through the transfer market. He is the best overall striker in League One by some distance.

I know it sounds weird but I am more concerned about Sunderland and Barnsley than Pompey and Luton. Simply because I know they are better teams, but it is how you deal with the not so strong teams too and the current top two have done that better than anybody else to date.
  • Options

Delighted with that and performance against those welsh inbreds. Both strikers on the mark and a clean sheet with those three points.

Got sent a video of Naby Sarr easily overpowering their striker and bringing the ball out of the back like Ferdinand is in prime. Struggling to see how Pearce gets back in the team when he’s fully fit.

Being the highest place side to win is an added bonus. With our injuries starting to come back it’s going to be an exciting end of the season. As long as we keep winning that’s all that matter.

When pearce is back fully fit it could be him and Sarr 1st choice.
  • Options

LouisMend said:
    Good news. Where did this rumour start?
    Same place as the Mike Ashley one

• Options
    Personally think it's very hard to see past Pompey and Sunderland for the top two. I'm picking ourselves, Barnsley, Luton and Peterborough for the play offs.

We will do very well to make up the points gap given we have played more games than any of our rivals.
  • Options

I think we will miss out on automatic but when our midfielders are back we should be a strong outfit in the play offs. If we can get another striker in we will have our strongest squad since the Powell days easily

Hope we don't lose any key players during the transfer window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "He’s going to be a seven every game."

Validation!
  • Options

A special mention to Sarr. I like it how when he passes, it is always a positive pass not just another pass. He weights them so well and has genuine vision. He played a pass to Taylor today which was really top drawer. This was amongst other excellent ones. This does make us a better team and he should not be dropped under any circumstances. You can see other defenders give it to him to play the meaningful ball.

Was surprised that he got slated on the CAFC Facebook page by a couple of blokes.
  • Options

I think the top 2 places are wide open. Pompey, Luton, Sunderland, us and Barnsley will all be fighting for them. A lot will depend on how the transfer window goes, as all of us want to strengthen, but are also at risk of losing players to the Championship

This.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

A special mention to Sarr. I like it how when he passes, it is always a positive pass not just another pass. He weights them so well and has genuine vision. He played a pass to Taylor today which was really top drawer. This was amongst other excellent ones. This does make us a better team and he should not be dropped under any circumstances. You can see other defenders give it to him to play the meaningful ball.

Was surprised that he got slated on the CAFC Facebook page by a couple of blokes.
    I'm not. Some fans with all due respect have a bias based on the past rather than actually being able to process what is in front of them. I know it is about opinions, but some people were actually saying Morgan was having a better game than Pratley in the first half.
  • Options

After today??!?!?!
  • Options
    Went last May, but not today. But very pleased they got revenge for that day when some of the Salop fans lacked class.

Exciting league this.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

After today??!?!?!
    No this morning.