Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Gillingham- Post Match Views

Comments

• Very competitive derby game. We won and deserved to, but it wasn't that outstanding a performance. Bowyer is right about that. Still: every win counts and its a sign a character and generally high morale in the squad that we got the points.
  • A good time for Fosu and Reeves to get off the mark too. Fosu had a slowish start last season too, although not this slow. Once he scored though, he couldn’t stop. Hopefully we’ll get a repeat this season.
  • Thought Reeves and Dijksteel were very good today, two less obvious choices, both looked to have a lot more confidence in what they were doing, long may it continue.
  • Coventry lost 4 in a row now, might be a good time to play them
  • N01R4M said:

What was the announced attendance?

Attendance:12,836 according to the BBC
    What was the REAL attendance?
    I thought it was more, certainly felt like it
  • edited December 2018
  • A good time for Fosu and Reeves to get off the mark too. Fosu had a slowish start last season too, although not this slow. Once he scored though, he couldn’t stop. Hopefully we’ll get a repeat this season.

Not as I remember it, but hopefully he's like a river where the locke has opened and the flow will return.

Good timing for them too - we love helping out teams on poor runs of form.
  • Nice comfortable performance , Bauer was my Mom , just solid all round game .

Thought numbers wise the crowd was good , unlike everyone else I thought the atmosphere was ok at best when you consider the run we are on and the fact we were winning from the 6th minute against a localish chav rival that isn't the scum

Taylor is just brilliant , love his cheekyness .

Think we are certs for the playoffs and there's a minuscule chance of autos , although saying that it's a piss shit league and we could fucking walk it e-i-e-i-e-i-o
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

A good time for Fosu and Reeves to get off the mark too. Fosu had a slowish start last season too, although not this slow. Once he scored though, he couldn’t stop. Hopefully we’ll get a repeat this season.

Not as I remember it, but hopefully he's like a river where the locke has opened and the flow will return.
    I was forgetting he already scored this season vs Luton. To be fair he scored his first goal last season on 2nd September, and got his second goal 5 games later, but that was the first of a run of 6 goals in 4 games.
  • edited December 2018
    Really want us to whack a load past someone and be ruthless! (I know it’s uncharlton).

But 3 points against the Gills was kinda what I was expecting, win the next 3 games and I will be buzzing.
  • Handy result in third gear.

I’ve missed the good in Reeves’ display today- interested to read the contradictory views to that on here.

I though Bauer was terrific today, especially second half . No frills- just defends really well
  • Very controlled performance. Dominated for most of the game playing some very good football. Could have had one or two more. They couldn't handle Fosu up the middle with Taylor and Ajose splitting.

Good understanding between the two of them as well.
  • I'd add, I don't fear opponent attacks like last season, so much confidence at the back from at the moment.
  • Twats in the family stand can shut the fuck up slagging Reeves and Fosu every game.

Mentioned last week twats who know nothing about football. 

Well done the team, Nicky, great shift as well today

• Think we are certs for the playoffs and there's a minuscule chance of autos , although saying that it's a piss shit league and we could fucking walk it e-i-e-i-e-i-o

Sorry - too vague. Can you express that numerically?
  • Strange game. Didn’t think we played at all well and yet it was very comfortable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Twats in the family stand can shut the fuck up slagging Reeves and Fosu every game.

Mentioned last week twats who know nothing about football. 

Well done the team, Nicky, great shift as well today

Darts thread?

We are CAFC - Charlton Athletic Football Charity.

Disrespectful to Bows and JJ there. That is not us anymore.
  • N01R4M said:

What was the announced attendance?

Attendance:12,836 according to the BBC
    What was the REAL attendance?
    The real attendance was comfortably the best of the season. I thought there may have been about 12,000 there.
    Definitely about 3,000 more home fans than usual.
    We're starting to look strong and professional.
    I think we could make the top 2 and definitely the play offs.
    It definitely feels like proper Charlton. Really enjoyable.
    Any spares for Sunderland mate?
  • Ground looked fuller for me than I can remember recently. I thought gills numbers looked good but they didn’t get much going, think we kept them under control much as Charlton kept control most of the time on the pitch.

Fosu was my MOM for a fantastic 30 minutes where he cane into the game, created Reeve’s goal and scored with a bullet. Looked dead on his feet at the end and I’d have had Marshall on a bit earlier, he looked quick and was trying hard for the 2 minutes he had.

We did lose possession a bit more than we should and it’s just good that Eaves wasn’t playing and Bauer and Pearce together are so difficult to break down.

Thought Solly had a great game. Good blocks, up and down, right place which given that he was again on the opposite side is a top effort for me.
  • edited December 2018
    The sort of workmanlike performance that should have us well placed at the end of the season.
    Tainted by some cringey songs from the N upper.
  • The sort of workmanlike performance that should have us well placed at the end of the season.
    Tainted by some cringey songs from the N upper.

I didn’t think the ‘There’s only one Jan Paderewski’ song was that bad.