Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Gillingham- Post Match Views

Comments

• I thought that Fosu was unplayable for the majority of the game but then for the last quarter turned back into the player we saw at the start of the season

When he was "out on his feet".
  • Read Bowyer’s comments re Fosu and yes he is a lot better but after beating 2 or 3 players his final pass was often misplaced which is rather frustrating and maybe is why he has been marked at 6.5
  • First home game of the season. Surprised by how many were there and by the atmosphere.
    One of the most comfortable victories I have seen us gain. Thought Gills were awful.
    Really enjoyable afternoon.
  • Fosu starred today and yes he has hit his old form as was decent last week also. As soon as Lyle left the pitch we were’nt as good which shows his importance to the team. Back four all very good as usual lately. They all did well; Ajose did a bit better especially at crossing the ball low but I just wish he could impress us with desire and willingness to chase. Gillingham were better than Wimbledon but lacked belief. Bowyer has them passing well and long may that continue. Let’s hope Aribo stays and we get some reinforcements in January
  • I think the 4 in the middle; Beliek, Fosu, Aribo and Reeves, plus Taylor up front are so entertaining to watch.

Very good footballers at this level. Quick, incisive passing that can leave defenders/rival midfielders rooted to the floor.
  • I enjoyed that today. Putting together this sort of comfortable victory when we have been unable to put out our best team all season due to injury is testament to all involved. Had we played for the first 20 minutes of the second half the way that we did for the last 20 of the first we’d have scored five or six and could have properly rested some legs but a win is a win is a win.

Fosu was absolute mustard. I’m afraid I still don’t get Ajose at all but Karlan will be back soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Singing the whole game thats a joke right
    I thought they were very poor away support. Only heard them 2 or 3 times
  • I think the 4 in the middle; Beliek, Fosu, Aribo and Reeves, plus Taylor up front are so entertaining to watch.

Very good footballers at this level. Quick, incisive passing that can leave defenders/rival midfielders rooted to the floor.

Very impressive and to think we have Cullen, Clarke and Ward too.
  • Goalscorer @TariqeFosu reckons his performance against @TheGillsFC was his best of the season 👇

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c1e8bbbaae1b/tariqe-fosu-on-his-best-performance-of-the-season … #cafc

• Solid win, rather than a brilliant performance, but grinding out the wins is what's needed

Fosu did some great things today, but also some sloppy stuff, he's very hit and miss, as the cliche goes the opposition don't know that he will do next, but then neither do his teammates. Steer had his worst game for a while, but we all have off days.

Disappointed in the Gillingham support, pretty quiet and I would have expected more numbers. Very surprised at the number of home fans today, the last Saturday before Xmas is usually one where shopping drags a few people away, and it's not as if it was exciting opponents either
  • Sponsored links:

• If Eaves had played that might have been different.

But he didn't.
  • Anyway got the 9 points I wanted from December.
    My opinion any points from next 2 games is a bonus.
    Then on to January 9 points from that month and we begin our promotion push l.
    Can't wait for Barnsley next Saturday.
  • 3 points. Bielik and Fosu were quality. Time to give Taylor a rest. The fella is like watching a extra from Star Trek. Give the fella a break. He's playing on one leg!

Added mention to the one right legged Solly at left back.

Onwards and upwards!!
  • edited December 2018
    shirty5 said:

3 points. Bielik and Fosu were quality. Time to give Taylor a rest. The fella is like watching a extra from Star Trek. Give the fella a break. He's playing on one leg!

Added mention to the one right legged Solly at left back.

Onwards and upwards!!

We cant tho

Grant Injured
    Vetokele injured
    Ajose shit
    RGF shit.

If Taylor is half fit he has to play ATM.

Sign Eaves and Taylor can have a rest
  • Considering the injuries we have in an already small squad I don’t think anyone can really moan about the last eight games even when you bring into consideration the Blackpool result. I’m just hopeful that statistically we can’t keep up this amount of sidelined players and that there will come a spell in the season when we get a bit of luck and get to play our strongest team for a few games. Unless of course Duchatelet puts a huge spanner in the works in January and flogs off who he can instead of adding maybe one or two. Still, I’ll take our Christmas league position with a big ol’ smile because I didn’t see us being where we are at this point in the season.

Really looking to Barnsley on the 29th.
  • edited December 2018
    Roland is despondent. 20 staff at £4.20p p/h cleaning up this shit from behind the Jimmy Seed...