Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Drones at Gatwick

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

IA said:
    lol ... back to the conspiracy theories.
    Ruskies - just like I said at the start, but us mere plebs cannot be told.
  • Options
    Was anyone listening to Radio 5 tonight. Some reporter called Paul but I did not get his surname said he supported what The Mail released and the fella should be happy as he would probably shift more double glazing as a result or go off and open his own drone shop. Also kept comparing it all to Jimmy Savile! Genuinely could not believe what I was hearing. The state of our press.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

se9addick said:

They'll not catch anyone as there is no one to catch.

Huh?

They'll not catch anyone as there is no one to catch.

Your posts get weirder and weirder.
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

I bet the legal system does their usual, boring thing of waiting until they're charged, tried, given an opportunity to defend themselves and then convicted before setting a sentence. Typical!

I consider myself reprimanded! :-)

For now..:-)

Released, without charge. No longer considered suspects.

Bloody rule of law.
    As I said.....there us no one as it was all staged. No idea why.... maybe to save TM ?? sideline Brexit ?? Say why we need to stay in the EU as we can't police our own airports ?? God knows. But are you telling me that one of the world's busiest airports, with security everywhere, has to be shut all day because there is a piece of metal a foot long flying around "somewhere" in the vicinity. And then it takes the police & the Army 3 days to find nothing.Do me a favour.....
    I want some you're smoking, cos it must be the nuts.
  • Options
    IA said:
    I guess they'll end up blaming it on the foxes again like with the Croydon Cat Killer!!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Could be a case of they received information that there was going to be an attempt to blow up a plane on Thursday.
    If this was the case would the authorities scare everyone shitless and tell everyone.
  • Options
    Just about every square inch of space over Gatwick airport will be covered by cctv or some such thing.
    If there was a drone making several appearances the powers that be would have filmed evidence of it.
    I have apsoluty no idea what has gone on at Gatwick but I doubt very much it was a Drone.
  • Options
    Very specific and risky to only ground Gatwick planes if that was the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If there was no drone then why arrest these two individuals?
  • Options

Very specific and risky to only ground Gatwick planes if that was the case.

If this drone 1st appeared on Wednesday though at 9pm even if Gatwick didn't have measures in place surely they would of been working through Wednesday night to have things in place for Thursday morning flights.
  • Options

If there was no drone then why arrest these two individuals?

Smoke and mirrors.
    We will probably never know what went on.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited December 2018

Maybe this will help for future “drone” sightings pic.twitter.com/zjEaCthD37

— David Smith (@davidfsmith) December 23, 2018
  • Options
    Trump
    Brexit
    The Russians
    Roland Dushit
    Jeremy Corbyn
    Far left
    Far right
    Teresa May
    Tommy Robinson

Only Ryanair left
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Could be a case of they received information that there was going to be an attempt to blow up a plane on Thursday.
    If this was the case would the authorities scare everyone shitless and tell everyone.

clb74 said:

When this has been the case before, it's been quite upfront - not sure why this would be any different

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1422243/Blair-sent-in-tanks-after-chilling-threat.html

• Options
    se9addick said:

Some of you should be getting tin foil hats for Christmas!

To be fair, there have been 'hundreds' of sightings and reports to the Police, yet I've seen one video taken from a car park at Gatwick of a very small drone flying at about 100 feet.

Really don't know how we coped with the Luftwaffe.
  • Options
    Have a feeling this story is going to disappear under a very thick carpet over Xmas and the New Year. Please prove me wrong!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, from here, right now, it looks like a cock-up to me.

Agree with @SporadicAddick, if it was something heavy duty, they are always up-front about it, at least once they have all secured. and they would not leave West Sussex plod to flounder around, re-opening it, closing it again, and changing their story as they slowly realise nobody professional has really clocked any drone.

Feel sorry for all those affected by it, and some were badly so. Missing family funerals etc. Sod the conspiracy theories, these people deserve to be told exactly what happened, and what lessons have been learnt from it.
  • Options
    perhaps some locals were making fake alarm phone calls in the hope that the airport would close for a few hours and allow them some respite from the noise pollution inherent for any residents near any major airport
  • Options

Addickted said:

perhaps some locals were making fake alarm phone calls in the hope that the airport would close for a few hours and allow them some respite from the noise pollution inherent for any residents near any major airport

What do you expect if you buy a house near to a major airport?

The sound of waves lapping up on the beach and whale song?
    Sydney harbour bridge?
    the hanging gardens of Babylon ?
  • Options

You people shouting 'Conspiracy theory' are nuts. The government WANT us to be scared - all the time. It suits their agenda if the plebs are worried, as it enables them to sneak through legislation that erodes our rights even further. If there truly WAS a credible threat to a plane at Gatwick on Thursday, they would have told the press the second it was released.

Tinfoil hat fitting well? ;)

(You're right, of course - but then, what is the truth? Probably something hideously embarrassing rather than sinister)
  • Options
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken