Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scunthorpe v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Phillips must come back in. Our lack of depth at the back will be our undoing this season.
  • edited October 2018
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

The ref completely screwed us tbh

He screwed us over with the pen but otherwise dont think he put a foot wrong really
    The pen came at SUCH a crucial time though
    True but we've got to take responsbility for the other four goals - You shouldnt ever concede three goals and expect to come away with a point
  • Promotion candidates just don't concede this many goals. We've been looking great going forward but that's not enough. Kevin Keegan's "we'll score one more goal than them" didn't work back then and it won't work now.
  • Scunny has always been our bogey team.
  • Looked like a penalty to me
  • Hopefully a stop and take stock moment for Bowyer and JJ. We go again.
  • Leuth said:

Worse performance of the season

In no way whatsoever
    What league game have we looked worse?

Yes good going forward but awful at the back.
  • Page out for a while according to Bowyer, should we start looking elsewhere for a LB that can actually manage 30+ games a season?
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

Looked like a penalty to me

Do you think he intentionally moves his arm then?
  • Leuth said:

The goals were awful near-post work from idk who, a screamer, a screw-up by Taylor/Dijksteel, a bad penalty call and a breakaway at the end. That doesn't say 'systemic problems' to me, it says 'everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong'

Couldnt agree more which is why the formation shouldnt be changed after this result.
  • Laddick01 said:

Page out for a while according to Bowyer, should we start looking elsewhere for a LB that can actually manage 30+ games a season?

Is Scott Golbourne still training with us

Will Roland sanction another players wages

Who knows and No are the answers to those questions
  • No penalty should ever be given for handball when there is less than 2 metres between players.

Stupid decisions like that ruin games - the world cup final being the obvious example.

Linesman surely had the best view in the house yet didnt flag for it - Although those spineless bastards dont ever do anything
  • Coventry should be fucking terrified about Saturday btw
  • Gutted - look forward to hearing from those that went
  • Sounds like another one to put down to RD and his not paying for us to have a defence - wouldn't play Dijksteel, first real game of any length in a long time.
  • sm said:

Sounds like another one to put down to RD and his not paying for us to have a defence - wouldn't play Dijksteel, first real game of any length in a long time.

Thought he was one of our better players!
  • Sponsored links:

• We've scored 3 goals away from home on a Tuesday night. I must admit I'm not very worried.
  • Is Mascoll injured or just not fancied by Bowyer? I seem to recall he did ok and scored a screamer in the Checkatrade.
  • Apart from missing some chances, letting in five and losing, we didn't do a whole lot wrong.
  • edited October 2018

clb74 said:

I think it was a penalty
    If it was up the other end I'd want a pen
  • Is Mascoll injured or just not fancied by Bowyer? I seem to recall he did ok and scored a screamer in the Checkatrade.

Thought I read he was injured atm?

Can't concede that many and expect to win games. Defensive frailties were forgotten on Saturday because we got a late equaliser but they've been well and truly punished this evening.
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

I think it was a penalty
    If it was up the other end I'd want a pen
    I was fuming with the ref at the time...

But I watched it back on iPlayer and Pearce's hand wasn't necessarily at his hip as I'd thought...he did move it upwards.

More criminal was the fact Lee bloody Novak got away with a handball himself just before.
  • Leuth said:

Leuth said:

The ref completely screwed us tbh

He screwed us over with the pen but otherwise dont think he put a foot wrong really
    The pen came at SUCH a crucial time though
    True but we've got to take responsbility for the other four goals - You shouldnt ever concede three goals and expect to come away with a point

Scunthorpe did.