Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Taskmaster

Comments

• Options
    Rob Brydon would be an excellent shout! Always find TM casts hard to predict because Alex does like to occasionally go quite left field. 
  • Options
    Ross Noble would be good (but apparently he's said no), Sindhu Vee too 

But to be honest, a load of the people I'd not heard of before have been brilliant, John Kearns, Mike Wozniak, Bridget Christie etc.
  • Options
    Maybe some of the Horrible Histories/Ghosts crew (they've had three already so quite a lot of overlap) - but might be hard to line up the schedules as the 3 already featured are the three who don't do the writing/production bits.
  • Options
    Maybe Sandi tokavig as the "older person", she's good at improv. Paul merton would be good as well for the same reason. Alex Horne really wants jack Dee to do it, he'd be great but guessing he's said no
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Maybe some of the Horrible Histories/Ghosts crew (they've had three already so quite a lot of overlap) - but might be hard to line up the schedules as the 3 already featured are the three who don't do the writing/production bits.
    Four so far:
    Kiell Smith-Bynoe, Charlotte Ritchie, Katy Wix and Lolly Adefope.

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    Four so far:

Yes, quite right. Clearly I am not Taskmaster material!
  • Options

But to be honest, a load of the people I'd not heard of before have been brilliant, John Kearns, Mike Wozniak, Bridget Christie etc.
    Sindu Vee is a good shout. Ria Lina too. 
  • Options
    Reece Sheersmith would be brilliant too but I'm not sure if it would be his type of thing to agree to.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Four so far:

And Jessica knappet
  • Options
    A left field choice would be Richard Madeley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    A left field choice would be Richard Madeley
    Maybe one of the NYE ones!
  • Options
    I want Stewart Lee to be on it, mostly just to see what the hell he'd do there
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Pretty sure Ria Lina will be on S16 or 17. She accidentally leaked about being in a lab while filming a show when she was on Richard Herring's podcast and people were able to deduct it was from Taskmaster from some tweets
  • Options
    Dara was like that, literally last series.

I don't think Mae has been overly competitive to be honest, just pretty bright in thinking of a way around things (drawing pineapples etc).  You need people to think outside of the box and try to get round the rules to make it more fun.
    Dara was competitive but more entertaining, he had a great dynamic with John and Fern. Mae is very quiet in the studio, they seem very nervous 
  • Options
    I'd like to see Rob Brydon on it, also Kevin Bridges, Bill Bailey, Richard Ayoade and Jack Dee
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    siblers said:

Pretty sure Ria Lina will be on S16 or 17. She accidentally leaked about being in a lab while filming a show when she was on Richard Herring's podcast and people were able to deduct it was from Taskmaster from some tweets

Yeah I saw that. As S16 is being studio filmed now I'd expect her to be one of the contestants when they announce it in 2 weeks. 

I love Richard Ayoades work and he's always been one of Alex's top targets with Jack Dee but I do wonder if his style would work on TM? 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    thenewbie said:
    Four so far:

And Jessica knappet

and Bridget Christie

Matthew Baynton is a possibility, he has the Ghosts connection and played in Alex Horne's charity match recently

Maisie Adam also played in that match so I think is a good shout, she's one you'd expect to appear at some point

I think they should just put KSB in every series, I love watching his facial expressions. This series is right up there as one of my faves; 5 completely different characters working so well together
  • Options
    Maisie Adam feels like a very obvious move. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see her announced on Thursday. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I've seen a rumour that the s16 lineup is:

Julian Clary
    Sue Perkins
    Lucy Beaumont
    Susan Wokoma
    Sam Campbell

• Options

New cast is exactly what North Lower Neil posted. Massively excited to see how Sue Perkins does. 

Mae will be interesting to see in a very strong COC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    I'd not heard of Sam Campbell or Susan Wokoma before, will be interesting to see what they're like.

• Options
    I enjoyed the latest season but never particularly warmed to Mae or Jenny Eclair to be honest. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I wasn’t excited about Jenny eclair being in it but she was my favourite in the end. The potato hat task is quite possibly top 5 tasks ever. 

Sam Campbell is in Bloods the paramedic comedy set around Lewisham. We enjoyed jt mainly because they drive the ambulances whilst chatting along Lee high road etc. 

Susan Wakoma I’ve seen her in something I can’t think of the name of it. Similar comedy show to bloods. Am sure she wears a uniform . (Edited: Porters with Daniel mays)
    Am looking forward to Lucy Beaumont. She’s going to be useless. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Lucy Beaumont will be interesting, given I think most of the daft northener thing is a (succesful) shtick. Will she be the same in this, or be more herself?

Apparently Susan Wokoma was in Enola Holmes, which I've seen, but I don't remember her - to be honest I've forgotten most of it, forgot Helena Bonham Carter was the mum too.
  • Options
    Back on Thursday night , very interested to see how this cast does because on paper it seems very strong. 
  • Options
    I’ve ditched it now . Getting a bit tedious and far too frequent. 
  • Options
    Lucy Beaumont will be interesting, given I think most of the daft northener thing is a (succesful) shtick. Will she be the same in this, or be more herself?

Apparently Susan Wokoma was in Enola Holmes, which I've seen, but I don't remember her - to be honest I've forgotten most of it, forgot Helena Bonham Carter was the mum too.

Watched her interview with Alex and still can't figure out if the daft northerner schtick is all an act or if she's genuinely like that. Think she might be quite polarising. 
  • Options
    VERY strong start to series 16. 

Could be in for another cracker
  • Options
    Thought it was a very very strong start. Feels better than the last series.
  • Options
    Sam Campbell has ridiculous potential this series, completely absurd/irreverent humour but also seems to be the most practically minded of all of them (the final challenge of the show and the “both of them” was almost utterly genius and made me and my wife go “OHHHHH!”).