Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Taskmaster

Comments

• Options
    Sam Campbell has ridiculous potential this series, completely absurd/irreverent humour but also seems to be the most practically minded of all of them (the final challenge of the show and the “both of them” was almost utterly genius and made me and my wife go “OHHHHH!”).

Didn't know much about him bar one appearance on Cats does Countdown but he looks to have very strong potential for this series. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Wasn't completely convinced (think the tasks weren't the best this week), but then Sam Campbell cracked me up in the live task.  I could see him being a bit of a Mike Wozniak and absolutely carrying this series.

Sue Perkins was quite funny too.

Lucy I'm still unsure of, I think a lot of the ditzy thing is a comedy persona and it might grate as the series goes on.
  • Options
    Wasn't completely convinced (think the tasks weren't the best this week), but then Sam Campbell cracked me up in the live task.  I could see him being a bit of a Mike Wozniak and absolutely carrying this series.

Sue Perkins was quite funny too.

Lucy I'm still unsure of, I think a lot of the ditzy thing is a comedy persona and it might grate as the series goes on.
    Hmmm. Yeah, I’m with you on Lucy. Her actions and reactions all seem just a bit…I don’t know…contrived? 
    I don’t know much about her other than she’s married to Jon Richardson and they did a programme together. Never watched it - was she like this in that?
  • Options
    Lucy is the only one I'm not sure about really and the first episode didn't do a lot to change that. Still not sure if she's in character or if she is completely ditzy. 
  • Options
    I would say, she’s ditzy. But also v clever and plays on it. 
  • Options
    “Who will take home Julian’s old wooden bum table?”
  • Options
    Are you a child of divorce? 

Excellent  :D
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    The fake task "mischief" and Sam literally only finding out at the actual show is absolutely brilliant
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Sam Campbell could be a top 5 contestant ever even if he doesn't win it. Just utterly mad. 

And Sue Perkins is everything I expected her to be absolutely fantastic. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Sam Campbell could be a top 5 contestant ever even if he doesn't win it. Just utterly mad. 

The one who is a bit disappointing for me so far this series is Julian Clary, I get the sort of disaffected shtick he seems to be going for but it winds up seeming like he is just turning up for the money.

Sam I want to win just to get him back on a Champion of Champions as he's easily my favourite so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Portcullis!
  • Options
    Pretty good mix of people. Loved the mischief. I like Julian. Wonder exactly how he ended up on the show, but his dry humour really appeals to me
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    MarcusH26 said:

The one who is a bit disappointing for me so far this series is Julian Clary, I get the sort of disaffected shtick he seems to be going for but it winds up seeming like he is just turning up for the money.

Sam I want to win just to get him back on a Champion of Champions as he's easily my favourite so far.

Julian is kinda reminding me a bit of Jo Brand? The whole "I'm not really that bothered" schtick never really seems to work that well.

It's a shame this series winner would be the first person on a CoC4 and not the final seat with Dara/Sophie/Morgana/Mae/Sarah because that would be very entertaining. 
  • Options
    Loving this series but 2 things really annoyed me last night
    Firstly, Susan googling the answer. That should definitely not be allowed, there's no show if you let people do that
    Secondly, 2 of the prizes were just photos of signs. I already don't like that they moved away from the original concept of bringing in something that you own and the winner actually takes the stuff away but this has gone too far. Just finding an old pic of something on your phone is beyond lazy and should be an immediate zero points
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Lucy is the only one I'm not sure about really and the first episode didn't do a lot to change that. Still not sure if she's in character or if she is completely ditzy. 
    The "ANARCHYYYYY!" thing in Ep 3 was legitimately pretty funny. But seems a bit out of "character" if that's the right word...
  • Options
    I'm still wondering where this secret task is going to come into play. Alex has mentioned it enough times that I am starting to wonder if he's not just playing games with everyone now. 
  • Options
    Haven't been that convinced by this series so far.

An average episode Taskmaster is still better than most things on TV, but it's not been quite as good as normal for me.
  • Options
    What are people's thoughts now we're halfway through this series? Personally am finding it really strong but am still struggling to figure out Lucy. 
  • Options
    This series feels less "competitive" than some others but in a good way, I've warmed up to the contestants too - the ending of tonight's episode was outstanding.

I can see why Lucy isn't universally popular but I do think she is just genuinely a bit weird. Even Greg & Alex seemed to originally think it was played up as shtick but nope she's just straight up weird.
  • Options
    Yeah there's no one that's outright really going for the win or has pulled away with a big series lead already which is great too. I think Julian has finally come into his own really in the past 2 episodes , some of his comments about Alex have been superb! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Still not doing it for me this series, sadly.

It's weird as I think Sam Campbell's funny, Sue Perkins is very likeable and funny, Susan's been decent.

I think it's a combination of things - Julian's "oh yes, having the time of my life" sarcasm is only funny once or twice, not for a whole series, Lucy still feels very unnatural and trying to do a shtick, but also there's not really that much studio banter/arguing etc, which basically makes the show.  They all just sort of wait for questions from Greg, answer them, wait for the points etc.

Hopefully the next few episodes improve.

I've also seen an alleged line up for Series 17!
  • Options
    I think Sam is up there with Bob Mortimer and Mike Wozniak as one of my favourite contestants.
    Julian Clary is also superb, so much better than I thought he would be.
    Lucy is mad and I can't figure her out but in a good way.
    Susan is funny; Sue not for me but ok.  
    I like this series personally.
  • Options
    I feel the series has got better as it's gone on

Sam is a top 5 all time favourite , Sue has been very good value , Susan took a couple of episodes to get into it. Julian's quips at Alex have been hilarious but I can see how people aren't liking him. 

And Lucy I just don't get. 

Only seen one name mentioned for S17 who if it's correct will be very very interesting. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Sam is a top 5 all time favourite , Sue has been very good value , Susan took a couple of episodes to get into it. Julian's quips at Alex have been hilarious but I can see how people aren't liking him. 

Only seen one name mentioned for S17 who if it's correct will be very very interesting. 
    Trying not to spoil it for anyone who wants to wait - was it in relation to a newspaper?

If so, I agree that it'll be interesting, think they could be a really good choice.

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Trying not to spoil it for anyone who wants to wait - was it in relation to a newspaper?

If so, I agree that it'll be interesting, think they could be a really good choice.

Yes it was that exactly. That's all I can think to say without ruining it.
  • Options
    Is it Andrew Lawrence?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Is it Andrew Lawrence?
    Not that I've seen.

Won't go into too many details as it's a bit of a spoiler - and the reasoning on the newspaper bit more so!!

PM me if you desperately want to know!!  
  • Options
    I like this series, it reminds me of S12 and the general "we have defeated the format of your show!" vibe where they all genuinely seem to get along. Probably be boring if every single season was like that but I am enjoying it so far.

This series also seems to have more "weird" contestants than usual but that's maybe subjective. It's certainly not a criticism.
  • Options
    S17 List is leaked on cookdandbombd website if anyone wishes to see it.
  • Options
    S17 List is leaked on cookdandbombd website if anyone wishes to see it.

I'm going to wait and see for the rest of them beyond the one name that's semi leaked already. Will be interesting to see when New Years Treat gets announced, that's usually a rather eclectic mix