Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Taskmaster

Comments

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    New series off to a strong start! Not going to spoil anything but it's looking like a good group (bar one which I found incredibly annoying)
    No one can be as annoying as Tarbuck was. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    New series off to a strong start! Not going to spoil anything but it's looking like a good group (bar one which I found incredibly annoying)
    No one can be as annoying as Tarbuck was. 
    Oh she'll be back for Champion of Champions 2 with Kerry,Ed Gamble, Richard Herring and Lou Sanders. Whenever that's eventually shown. 
  • Options
    Really like this bunch as a group, enjoyed that they are all bickering over the results of each task already.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Really like this bunch as a group, enjoyed that they are all bickering over the results of each task already.
    yep, that was great. the group dynamic isn't always there in episode 1 but this lot were interacting well straight away critiquing the others' efforts. looks set to be a good series
  • Options
    Off to a very good start
  • Options
    I think all the studio bits, prize tasks, live tasks and point giving chat/arguments are all helped by the return of the audience for series 13.
  • Options
    Several belly laughs today. I genuinely think this is the best set of candidates, overall, that I can remember. No stand out, in that all are very funny
  • Options
    “Ooh, he’s gone too geordie for me”
  • Options
    Very good episode.
    a real good cast this series, I love how quick they all are to pick apart others attempts knowing full well they were rubbish themselves.

I want to have a go at the annoying toys one.
  • Options
    Chris Ramsey cement mixer and Bridget Christie pedometer.
    Two of my favourite task attempts from the entire series.
    real laugh out loud moments
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    am a couple of episodes behind, but love both Ardal and Chris
    Don't take to Judy much but that is probably from other things I have seen her in clouding my opinion

like people have said - good bunch
  • Options
    Chris Ramsey will walk away with the series. Again, great bunch of contestants. 

“Ooh, he’s gone too geordie for me”
    This made me lol thinking about this again! 
  • Options
    Judy creases me up. Loving this series.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    am a couple of episodes behind, but love both Ardal and Chris
    Don't take to Judy much but that is probably from other things I have seen her in clouding my opinion

like people have said - good bunch

Absolutely agree with this , can't take to Judy really at all but the rest of them are fantastic. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Judy could be a bit much in another setting but I think she's perfect for Taskmaster - you get small doses given the time is split between 5 of them (plus Greg & Alex), and she does some very daft things which are funny.

Ardal is my favourite this series though, the little dry comments he makes that cause the others to all start bickering while he sits back and grins are great.
  • Options
    Ardal cracks me up - he’s a funny fucker and a bit like Father Dougal

sophie is my new crush!  Something awesome about her and a little bit mental

Judi I usually despise but I’m seeing a slightly less hateable side to her

Chris is cool but just wants to win

the other bird worries me.  I’m fairly sure she would kill your pet if you pissed her off.  Be warned!  Is she married to Iain Lee?  

cracking bunch of contestants on one of the best shows on tv

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Bridget is Stewart Lee's wife. Which I found incredibly odd at first but now adds up personality wise 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Bridget is Stewart Lee's wife. Which I found incredibly odd at first but now adds up personality wise 
    Cheers.  That makes more sense!
  • Options
    Only one I'm not fussed by this series is Sophie, just a bit quiet and hasn't done anything particularly memorable.
  • Options
    This season has caused me to warm slightly to Chris Ramsay. Everytime I’ve seen him on tv before, I’ve found his excessive reactions to everything really off putting - I’ve always found him far, far too try-hard. Now he’s still doing all that in this series, but it’s not bothering me as much. Not sure why - maybe, as someone said earlier, because the screen time is divided amongst 7 people so he’s not quite so bad? He’s also come out with a few good lines in this season, so maybe there’s that too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I sort of agree on Chris Ramsey, I actually like him and think he's genuinely a nice bloke (look how he seems genuinely happy when other people do well or are funny, even though it might mean he's lost, he's just having fun).

But he is a little try hard on other stuff - I think it's because he's generally a bit middle of the road observational sort of stuff as a comedian,  he's not that quick or clever compared to some.  So he has to try hard to stand out etc.  It's worked I guess, he's done well for himself.

But that enthusiastic throwing yourself into tasks and just hoping to do well is good for Taskmaster.
  • Options
    ramsey has an enormously successful podcast, is likeable enough and done well on strictly, fairly average comedian imo but he's done well with the talent he has, fair play to him. 
  • Options
    Very strong final episode to a very strong series.
  • Options
    Yeah I thought it was an excellent ending - duck task in particular! Was expecting them to announce Series 14s contestants at the end but I'm guessing they'll leave that for the end of Champion of Champions 2 next week. 
  • Options
    That bike task had me howling at poor Alex having to peddle round in circles at full pelt. Music task not a shade on Nish kumar and Mark Watson’s legendary “I always see you doing cool stuff”. 

Another great series. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I thought the cast were great, Judy Love and Ardal were hilarious. The shoe task was one of the best tasks ever
    My favourite since it moved to Channel 4 but not as good as seasons 4,5 or. 7

Some of the tasks weren't great, couple of episodes suffered due to that and there's too many team tasks. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Great cast this series. Tasks were hit and miss, but really enjoyed it.

Thought there was a little score fixing in the final episode to give Sophie the win but can understand why the producers would rather Sophie than Chris Ramsay in any future Champion of Champions.
  • Options
    Series 14 contenders confirmed.

Dara O’Briain, Fern Brady, John Kearns, Munya Chawawa and Sarah Millican.
  • Options
    They've finally got Dara! Looks to be a very strong cast although I'm not overly keen on Sarah Millican from her stand-up. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Fern Brady should be quality.

I can imagine Dara and Sarah being good in the studio banter bits perhaps slightly more than the actual tasks.

Don't really know the other two, though I'm sure I've seen Munya on a clip of something.

Edit:  it was this, which is good!