Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Taskmaster

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    I actually forgot that this was on. It has been the most underwhelming series yet.
    the prize tasks performances have been quite lacklustre, but mike wozniak is carrying this series.
  • Options
    Mike Wozniak won the original version that Alex Horne created for the Edinburgh Festival.
    All tasks sent via text/email over the course of a year and involved 15+ comedians.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I actually forgot that this was on. It has been the most underwhelming series yet.
    the prize tasks performances have been quite lacklustre, but mike wozniak is carrying this series.
    The episodes I have seen Mike Wozniak did make me laugh the most, I'd never heard of him before. Lee Mack is incredibly annoying.
  • Options
    Think it's a good series. It always takes a whole to bed in and has had some classic scenes. Mike Wozniak cracks me up
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited May 2021
    I drive past the house quite often, Chiswick area

my other half and her sons love it, I find it a bit meh (the programme, not Chiswick)
  • Options
    I have really enjoyed this series, far more than the last one.

Mike Wozniak and Jamali Maddix are excellent; Lee Mack ok and the two women have been decent in spells.
  • Options
    The team task tonight was one of my favourites this series. 
  • Options
    Good series. Not as consistently funny as some of the previous series but a few classic taskmaster moments - mostly courtesy of Mike Wozniak.
  • Options
    Mike Wozniak is definitely top five contestants if not my favourite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mike Wozniak stole the show for the whole series. One of the best contestants ever , that haircut in last night's episode was one of the best moments on TM.

Interesting lineup for the next series , Victoria Coren-Mitchell is a rather left field contestant choice. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Mike Wozniak stole the show for the whole series. One of the best contestants ever , that haircut in last night's episode was one of the best moments on TM.

Interesting lineup for the next series , Victoria Coren-Mitchell is a rather left field contestant choice
    One of the most requested contestants according to Alex Horne.

Series 12 will be shown in September.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Interesting lineup for the next series , Victoria Coren-Mitchell is a rather left field contestant choice
    One of the most requested contestants according to Alex Horne.

Series 12 will be shown in September.
    That's interesting, I know Alex has mentioned Richard Ayoade is his No1 target but he's never available. 

Wonder if they'll squeeze Champion of Champions in between the 2 series to tide people over?
  • Options
    3 most requested are Ayoade, VCM and David Mitchell.

I don't think the COC2 has even been filmed yet. So the fact that series 12 has finished recording was a surprise.

I think maybe they will show series 12 in September-November then go straight into Champion of Champions 2 the week after.
  • Options
    How did Mike Wozniak not win that series, streets ahead of the others and a shame if there ever is a champions of champions tht he would not be in it.  

Really enjoyed the series though, for me it was one of the better ones.
  • Options
    The haircut reveal was just amazing
  • Options
    rina said:
    The haircut reveal was just amazing
    Tick tock, it's tough guy o'clock. 
  • Options
    If at some point they did a "Best of the Rest" show, in a similar vein to the Champion of Champions one, Wozniak would be top of my list. He's been an absolute joy this series.
  • Options
    Not had a chance to see all the episodes yet. 

Just got to the ‘casserole’ episode. 

Proper laugh out loud TV. 

still think it is hard to compare the Covid series with the others. Hopefully back in front of live audience soon. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    If at some point they did a "Best of the Rest" show, in a similar vein to the Champion of Champions one, Wozniak would be top of my list. He's been an absolute joy this series.
    Sally Phillips and Rhod Gilbert would be shoo-ins too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Anyone from series 7 really but I think you have pair Rhod Gilbert and James Acaster up again just for the genuine rage from Acaster. 

Paul Chowdry. Bastard’s crying innit.  
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Personally thought rhod Gilbert was shit, didn’t think most of what he did or said was particularly funny and just came across as a dick. 
  • Options
    How did Mike Wozniak not win that series, streets ahead of the others and a shame if there ever is a champions of champions tht he would not be in it.  

Really enjoyed the series though, for me it was one of the better ones.
    Yeah that's the biggest disappointment that he won't be in it again, he was amazing in it and only lost by 4 points 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Personally thought rhod Gilbert was shit, didn’t think most of what he did or said was particularly funny and ju
    st came across as a dick. 
    Totally agree, too many personal jokes.

Couple very funny bits but over 10hrs poor showing. 
  • Options
    Champion of Champions 2 - sounds like it will be just the 1 episode.
    Disappointing. Was hoping for at least 2 like the 1st Champion of Champions.
  • Options
    That would be a shame if it's just a one off. Wondering if we might get another " New Year's Treat" or whatever the celeb special was called they did last year 
  • Options
    Champion of Champions 2 - sounds like it will be just the 1 episode.
    Disappointing. Was hoping for at least 2 like the 1st Champion of Champions.
    I'm not that fussed by COC2 - the best people in those series didn't win, whereas the first COC had Bob Mortimer, Noel Fielding etc so was bound to be good.

Ed Gamble & Kerry Godliman were pretty funny, but (despite being decent on other things) Liza Tarbuck and Richard Herring were a bit middle of the road and dull, and Lou Sanders was pretty hit and miss whilst trying to dominate everyone else in the studio.

Series 6 & 8 were definitely the weakest though so I guess it was slim pickings there.
  • Options
    Series 12 starts Thursday 23rd September. 9pm on 4
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    For anyone who can’t wait till then, on YouTube you can get episodes of the New Zealand version. 

The first series is pretty good, but the second really is excellent. I’d go as far as saying it might actually be my favourite series I’ve ever watched which is some feat considering I knew none of the contestants at all.

It’s certainly in contention.

If you search ‘Taskmaster New Zealand’ full episodes are available. Those with Sky Q can go to ‘Apps’ in the menu and fine YouTube there so you can watch them through your TV really easily.
  • Options
    For anyone who can’t wait till then, on YouTube you can get episodes of the New Zealand version. 

The first series is pretty good, but the second really is excellent. I’d go as far as saying it might actually be my favourite series I’ve ever watched which is some feat considering I knew none of the contestants at all.

It’s certainly in contention.

If you search ‘Taskmaster New Zealand’ full episodes are available. Those with Sky Q can go to ‘Apps’ in the menu and fine YouTube there so you can watch them through your TV really easily.
    Watched the first episode of the first series, was fine but a bit dull, heard really good things about the second series though.