Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Squad (v Republic of Ireland/Belgium/Iceland from p29)

Comments

• Just reminded myself that we’re actually sitting Sancho on the bench to play 3 CB’s and 2 DM’s

If you don’t laugh you’ll cry.
  • Get Rashford off ffs
  • The only positive to come out of the game so far, is the fact it’s being played behind closed doors!
  • Laddick01 said:
    Just reminded myself that we’re actually sitting Sancho on the bench to play 3 CB’s and 2 DM’s

If you don’t laugh you’ll cry.
    And because of that we end up hoofing it from the back and bypassing the midfield. Kane must think he's back on loan at Millwall
  • How many subs are we allowed? I’m hoping it’s 7.
    🙄
  • What the fuck is Southgate waiting for?
  • edited October 2020
    It is unbelievable to see someone of Grealish's talent sitting in the stand. Seriously, would Denmark have started without Eriksen?
  • Rice has been a mess with his passing this half. Could do with replacing him with someone a bit more progressive on the ball
  • Rice has been a mess with his passing this half. Could do with replacing him with someone a bit more progressive on the ball
    GREALISH! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

Can’t imagine that player will be hard to find. 
  • How has he not made a change yet?

Playing for a fucking 1-0 defeat.
  • How has he not made a change yet?

Playing for a fucking 1-0 defeat.
    Thing is he'll probably come out post match and say he's happy with that.

It sickens me
  • McGuire is currently bloody awful, he's been crap for the last month or so. He should have been off after the first foul. Rashford is having a mare, Kane is asleep. Get Grealish and Calvert-Lewis on.
    Maguire.
  • What a save
  • Why the fuck does Rashford keep shooting from 35 yards?
  • Mount HAS to score there!
  • Walker. wtf was that?
  • Walker. wtf was that?
    It's because he IS NOT a centre half.   In any shape or form.   He is a right back.
  • Sponsored links:

• On what planet are you picking Dan James over Alexander-Arnold?? 

Grealish v Mount is a joke. Mount must be Southgate's son for this level of favoritism. 
    I don’t think we get much from seeing TAA again. 

Plus TAA is woefully out of form. Don’t think he had a great game against Belgium (Walker covered him 2 or 3 times). 

James deserves a go.
    Why do we need to see Dan James? 

He can't even get into the worst defense in the league. Let him get regular games for United before he gets into the National side. 

He's behind Alexander-Arnold, Walker, Trippier + Maitland Niles so what's the point? 
    I don’t mean to take the piss but this is one of my favourite ever comments. You are actually having a pop at Southgate for picking the Welsh winger who can’t get into United’s defence! 
  • supaclive said:
    Walker. wtf was that?
    It's because he IS NOT a centre half.   In any shape or form.   He is a right back.
    He's at left back. He's pretty poor for letting players run on him at the back post though, never attacks the ball as it comes in
  • Is it me, or is the atmosphere in the ground exactly the same as it would be if fans were let in?

Shocking!
  • supaclive said:
    Walker. wtf was that?
    You’re right. Well done Walker!

(I’m being facetious of course. Your point is correct, However, that could’ve been a striker playing out of position and it still would’ve been dreadful)
  • Southgate is the kind of guy you'd want in your backroom staff. Nice, good for squad morale, ties it all together.

He just isn't the man you want to manage potentially England's most exciting attack of the last 50 years.
  • Don’t think its an exaggeration to say not playing Grealish might cost Southgate his job. Mount’s a good player but not near Grealish’s level, and its getting tiresome picking players who play for the big clubs rather than on form. Good second half against Belguim, so certainly some hope - but no Sancho/Grealish, 3 right backs? Playing Dier a lot? Too many DM. ts bloody Denmark ffs
  • We never never never get our best team on a pitch together for whatever reason. Treat it like a club team - the best team plays in every game with one or two changes as and when players come in and out of form. Had enough of 7 or 8 of our first choice missing all the time. They can’t always be injured - lack of desire to pull on the shirt.

Take tonight - most people’s England team would include TAA / Trippier, Sterling, Sancho, Foden, Henderson, Chilwell, Gomez.

whats this pony line up being served up all about? By the time we get to a major tournament our best team don’t even know each other
  • edited October 2020
    He’s put DCL on the left?

I just don’t know what to think anymore.
  • England very rarely excite me these days  ,but with the players at his disposal Southgate should be doing a hell of a lot better.