Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Squad (v Republic of Ireland/Belgium/Iceland from p29)

Comments

• On what planet are you picking Dan James over Alexander-Arnold?? 

Grealish v Mount is a joke. Mount must be Southgate's son for this level of favoritism. 
    I don’t think we get much from seeing TAA again. 

Plus TAA is woefully out of form. Don’t think he had a great game against Belgium (Walker covered him 2 or 3 times). 

James deserves a go.
    Why do we need to see Dan James? 

He can't even get into the worst defense in the league. Let him get regular games for United before he gets into the National side. 

He's behind Alexander-Arnold, Walker, Trippier + Maitland Niles so what's the point? 
    It’s Reece James of Chelsea.

Dan James is Welsh.
  • Great ball into the box from Welsh man Reece James
  • I'm gonna have a good look at Kalvin Phillips tonight. I think he's quietly effective and could easily jump ahead of Rice and a few others if he has another good season.
  • On what planet are you picking Dan James over Alexander-Arnold?? 

Grealish v Mount is a joke. Mount must be Southgate's son for this level of favoritism. 
    I don’t think we get much from seeing TAA again. 

Plus TAA is woefully out of form. Don’t think he had a great game against Belgium (Walker covered him 2 or 3 times). 

James deserves a go.
    Why do we need to see Dan James? 

He can't even get into the worst defense in the league. Let him get regular games for United before he gets into the National side. 

He's behind Alexander-Arnold, Walker, Trippier + Maitland Niles so what's the point? 
    You’ve had a shocker. Dan James is Welsh.

This is Reece James that plays for Chelsea.
    They do look alike though...............oh.
  • I'm gonna have a good look at Kalvin Phillips tonight. I think he's quietly effective and could easily jump ahead of Rice and a few others if he has another good season.
    You just had a great close up then ;) 
  • Playing better than what we did in Denmark 

Its almost as if the players were still in pre season mode
  • Mount actually looks quite dangerous, but his final ball is woeful. Every cross so far has been along the ground and easily cut out by a defender.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Mount over Grealish again. He’s doing it for a laugh at this point I’m sure.

A young RB over an actual LB at LB is criminal too.
    I dunno, one scored the winning goal against the number one ranked team in the world, the other got an assist against the Wales B team. It's not exactly an unconscionable selection decision is it?
    Deflected goal vs an absolutely class assist.

Thats not the best argument.
    It's a perfect argument. It doesn't matter that it was deflected, Mount scored the winner and had a good game against Belgium, who are a very good side. Grealish's assist was also very good. Personally I think I would have liked to see Grealish start as well, but acting like Southgate is taking the piss selecting the bloke who scored the winner in our last game is just silly. It's not like he's picked Deji to play there is it?
    If a huge deflection and not a lot else means you had a good game then I don’t know what the standards is.

He dropped Grealish after a good performance, yet retains Mount this game. He must have something against Grealish which seems ridiculous considering how good he’s been this season.

I don’t hate Mount, but it’s worrying when managers blatantly favour certain players.
    Except that's not all Mount did. He had a decent game, he adds a lot more to a game in terms of defensive input, movement and shape than people notice, which is why he keeps getting picked for Chelsea and England. Football's not all just eye-catching runs. It was a team performance that beat Belgium. He didn't drop Grealish, he played a different side for a friendly, which every manager does. Again, I like Grealish a lot, but the idea that it's ludicrous to play Mount ahead of him is just daft. They're both good players, it's entirely possible that a manager can pick someone to do a job rather than having 'something against' one player and choosing to 'blatantly favour' another. Maybe Mount will play well, maybe Grealish will come on and change the game. It's good that we have these options
    We have 7 defenders to play solid shape.  The front 3 need pace, guile and creativity. 

Can't see Mount keeping any team in a league single handedly.

Grealish - one game, one great assist, one MOTM performance.   Best English player in the Premiership this season - just run Liverpool ragged in a 7-2 win.  Mount did fuck all for Chelsea v Liverpool.

You've got shit in your eyes sir!
  • Sponsored links:

• Wish commentators would bin the phrase “corridor of uncertainty”.
  • Kane looks asleep and Rashford been woeful.

Everyone else been good so far.
  • I like Mount but Grealish is better on current form  . Southgate is far too cautious for my liking  .
  • Maguire should have got sent off for the first challenge, now he’s off.
  • Don't think Maguire can complain too much about that.
  • Maybe we’ve got more of a chance now, Harry’s head has gone, reckless.
  • Well at least we’ll get to see 4atb

Starting Maguire on the form he’s in was always going to be a potential car crash
  • supaclive said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Mount over Grealish again. He’s doing it for a laugh at this point I’m sure.

A young RB over an actual LB at LB is criminal too.
    I dunno, one scored the winning goal against the number one ranked team in the world, the other got an assist against the Wales B team. It's not exactly an unconscionable selection decision is it?
    Deflected goal vs an absolutely class assist.

Thats not the best argument.
    It's a perfect argument. It doesn't matter that it was deflected, Mount scored the winner and had a good game against Belgium, who are a very good side. Grealish's assist was also very good. Personally I think I would have liked to see Grealish start as well, but acting like Southgate is taking the piss selecting the bloke who scored the winner in our last game is just silly. It's not like he's picked Deji to play there is it?
    If a huge deflection and not a lot else means you had a good game then I don’t know what the standards is.

He dropped Grealish after a good performance, yet retains Mount this game. He must have something against Grealish which seems ridiculous considering how good he’s been this season.

I don’t hate Mount, but it’s worrying when managers blatantly favour certain players.
    Except that's not all Mount did. He had a decent game, he adds a lot more to a game in terms of defensive input, movement and shape than people notice, which is why he keeps getting picked for Chelsea and England. Football's not all just eye-catching runs. It was a team performance that beat Belgium. He didn't drop Grealish, he played a different side for a friendly, which every manager does. Again, I like Grealish a lot, but the idea that it's ludicrous to play Mount ahead of him is just daft. They're both good players, it's entirely possible that a manager can pick someone to do a job rather than having 'something against' one player and choosing to 'blatantly favour' another. Maybe Mount will play well, maybe Grealish will come on and change the game. It's good that we have these options
    We have 7 defenders to play solid shape.  The front 3 need pace, guile and creativity. 

Can't see Mount keeping any team in a league single handedly.

Grealish - one game, one great assist, one MOTM performance.   Best English player in the Premiership this season - just run Liverpool ragged in a 7-2 win.  Mount did fuck all for Chelsea v Liverpool.

You've got shit in your eyes sir!
    Honestly, the state of some of you. Grealish is a good player. Mount is a good player. If you prefer Grealish to Mount, great! Good for you. If you think that Mount is useless and you have 'shit in your eyes' for not thinking it's ridiculous to play a player who turns out for a Champions League side and does a good job for England, including the last game England played, then I can do nothing for you.
  • philcafc said:
    Don't think Maguire can complain too much about that.
    He won the ball and the danish guy had time to ride the challenge, he deliberately dragged his foot to get the free kick. Very harsh booking, that’s why modern football is rubbish
  • What is that decision haha. We’re woeful but that’s never a pen.
  • Sponsored links:

• What was the penalty for?
  • Harsh pen if you ask me.
  • Erm... What is the penalty even for??? 
  • Well at least TS will be happy.
  • How’s that a pen wow
  • That's an atrocious pen decision. Pickford Pickfording about the place never helps though
  • Ha ha this is a farce, how's that a penalty?!
  • The Danish player pushes Walker if anything 
  • What on earth is the reason for that penalty. Joke of a decision
  • two shocking decisions from the ref. Harry gets ball first and no foul for the pen other than a push on walker