Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Squad (v Republic of Ireland/Belgium/Iceland from p29)

Comments

• two shocking decisions from the ref. Harry gets ball first and no foul for the pen other than a push on walker
    One cast-iron and one shocker
  • We don’t have a solid defence.
  • If Maguire hadn't controlled the ball 10 yards away he wouldn't have had to dive in. 200k a week and has a touch like that. Useless prick.

Penalty decision is one of the worst i've seen. There was no foul at all. 
  • Kane is having one.

Thats 3 balls into the box he stood still for.
  • We don’t have a solid defence.
    Which is presumably why Southgate thinks we need to play 7 defenders!!!!
  • Reece James is so good in the final 3rd. That’s the one positive for me.
  • The reason you play players on form and not on reputation is to avoid players like Maguire that clearly have looked out of sorts all season. 

Gonna be a very long night from here. 
  • Get Rashford off and put Sancho or Grealish on. At least one of them might actually put some effort in. 
  • Get Rashford off and put Sancho or Grealish on. At least one of them might actually put some effort in. 
    Giving the ball away regularly and then half arsed effort to win it back. Dreadful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rashford either gives the ball away or passes backwards. Southgate isnt doing him any favours picking him atm his confidence is shot
  • Rice isn't quick enough for international football.  Reputations are not what to pick players on.
    Form is!
  • Absolute toilet of a first half.
  • I just hope when Sterling/Chilwell/Foden are back we won’t persist with this system.

Watchign Declan Rice and Phillips pass backwards 100 times a game isn’t as fun as you’d think it’d be
  • supaclive said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Mount over Grealish again. He’s doing it for a laugh at this point I’m sure.

A young RB over an actual LB at LB is criminal too.
    I dunno, one scored the winning goal against the number one ranked team in the world, the other got an assist against the Wales B team. It's not exactly an unconscionable selection decision is it?
    Deflected goal vs an absolutely class assist.

Thats not the best argument.
    It's a perfect argument. It doesn't matter that it was deflected, Mount scored the winner and had a good game against Belgium, who are a very good side. Grealish's assist was also very good. Personally I think I would have liked to see Grealish start as well, but acting like Southgate is taking the piss selecting the bloke who scored the winner in our last game is just silly. It's not like he's picked Deji to play there is it?
    If a huge deflection and not a lot else means you had a good game then I don’t know what the standards is.

He dropped Grealish after a good performance, yet retains Mount this game. He must have something against Grealish which seems ridiculous considering how good he’s been this season.

I don’t hate Mount, but it’s worrying when managers blatantly favour certain players.
    Except that's not all Mount did. He had a decent game, he adds a lot more to a game in terms of defensive input, movement and shape than people notice, which is why he keeps getting picked for Chelsea and England. Football's not all just eye-catching runs. It was a team performance that beat Belgium. He didn't drop Grealish, he played a different side for a friendly, which every manager does. Again, I like Grealish a lot, but the idea that it's ludicrous to play Mount ahead of him is just daft. They're both good players, it's entirely possible that a manager can pick someone to do a job rather than having 'something against' one player and choosing to 'blatantly favour' another. Maybe Mount will play well, maybe Grealish will come on and change the game. It's good that we have these options
    We have 7 defenders to play solid shape.  The front 3 need pace, guile and creativity. 

Can't see Mount keeping any team in a league single handedly.

Grealish - one game, one great assist, one MOTM performance.   Best English player in the Premiership this season - just run Liverpool ragged in a 7-2 win.  Mount did fuck all for Chelsea v Liverpool.

You've got shit in your eyes sir!
    Honestly, the state of some of you. Grealish is a good player. Mount is a good player. If you prefer Grealish to Mount, great! Good for you. If you think that Mount is useless and you have 'shit in your eyes' for not thinking it's ridiculous to play a player who turns out for a Champions League side and does a good job for England, including the last game England played, then I can do nothing for you.
    Grealish is a very good player in excellent form.
    Mount is a good player in average form.

Therein lies the problem.

Gareth must be your mate!
  • Absolute toilet of a first half.
    Thought we actually did ok first 25 minutes, Denmark didn't really do a thing.

Then carthorse Maguire controls the ball further than a pass and gets sent off, and the ref sees a foul that no one else in the world did and it's all gone wrong.
  • Rice been one of the better performers.

Was comfortable until Maguire makes a fuck up. Then it’s panic stations, players make shit decisions then the ref makes an even worse one.

Southgate really needs to be proactive. We may as well lose 2 or 3 nil and go for an equaliser rather than stagnating and losing 1-0.
  • McGuire is currently bloody awful, he's been crap for the last month or so. He should have been off after the first foul. Rashford is having a mare, Kane is asleep. Get Grealish and Calvert-Lewis on.
  • Pickford too.   So out of form.  I just don't understand. 
  • Kane hasn’t been great but got to keep him on. He’s worth 2 players dropping in and linking play. 

You’ve got to get Grealish on now. Can put in a defensive shift and can make something out of nothing.

Once again, don’t think Mount has been bad, I just think Grealish gives you more in this situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• As an advert for international football the last two games have been utter toilet. Switching off in droves. 
  • Rice isn’t international level, you can’t just pass 5 yards and commit a foul here and there.
  • Rashford absolute pony.

Goalkeeper is a joke.

Manager who is so desperate not to concede, but has no clue about attack.

Only 10 men but should be giving it a go, what is there to loose.
  • Though Maguire got the ball, the follow through was poor and unnecessary, especially as I thought he was lucky not to get a straight red for the first one. Penalty was ridiculous. Agree Kane seems slow. I don’t see the awful performance others do, I suppose watching the silky skills on show at The Valley spoils us?  ;)

• supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Mount over Grealish again. He’s doing it for a laugh at this point I’m sure.

A young RB over an actual LB at LB is criminal too.
    I dunno, one scored the winning goal against the number one ranked team in the world, the other got an assist against the Wales B team. It's not exactly an unconscionable selection decision is it?
    Deflected goal vs an absolutely class assist.

Thats not the best argument.
    It's a perfect argument. It doesn't matter that it was deflected, Mount scored the winner and had a good game against Belgium, who are a very good side. Grealish's assist was also very good. Personally I think I would have liked to see Grealish start as well, but acting like Southgate is taking the piss selecting the bloke who scored the winner in our last game is just silly. It's not like he's picked Deji to play there is it?
    If a huge deflection and not a lot else means you had a good game then I don’t know what the standards is.

He dropped Grealish after a good performance, yet retains Mount this game. He must have something against Grealish which seems ridiculous considering how good he’s been this season.

I don’t hate Mount, but it’s worrying when managers blatantly favour certain players.
    Except that's not all Mount did. He had a decent game, he adds a lot more to a game in terms of defensive input, movement and shape than people notice, which is why he keeps getting picked for Chelsea and England. Football's not all just eye-catching runs. It was a team performance that beat Belgium. He didn't drop Grealish, he played a different side for a friendly, which every manager does. Again, I like Grealish a lot, but the idea that it's ludicrous to play Mount ahead of him is just daft. They're both good players, it's entirely possible that a manager can pick someone to do a job rather than having 'something against' one player and choosing to 'blatantly favour' another. Maybe Mount will play well, maybe Grealish will come on and change the game. It's good that we have these options
    We have 7 defenders to play solid shape.  The front 3 need pace, guile and creativity. 

Can't see Mount keeping any team in a league single handedly.

Grealish - one game, one great assist, one MOTM performance.   Best English player in the Premiership this season - just run Liverpool ragged in a 7-2 win.  Mount did fuck all for Chelsea v Liverpool.

You've got shit in your eyes sir!
    Honestly, the state of some of you. Grealish is a good player. Mount is a good player. If you prefer Grealish to Mount, great! Good for you. If you think that Mount is useless and you have 'shit in your eyes' for not thinking it's ridiculous to play a player who turns out for a Champions League side and does a good job for England, including the last game England played, then I can do nothing for you.
    Grealish is a very good player in excellent form.
    Mount is a good player in average form.

Therein lies the problem.

Gareth must be your mate!
    Mason Mount has one goal and one assist in three Premier League games. He also scored in his last England game. I don't see average form there. I'm tired of saying the same thing about this over and over, so we should move on. Hopefully Grealish will come on and change the game, he's a very good player. Mount is too. Both these things can exist at the same time. Fingers crossed they both score and we win
  • Denmark have made a couple of changes at half time. They've decided to match up with England and go 7-2-1 which will still leave them with the extra player at the back.
  • You can't expect to get much for £80m but I wonder if United think they've got a bargain for a player that struggles to time a tackle and who gets caught out of position the whole time. 
  • God knows what has happened to McGuire this season  , but he is not alone  . Too many out of form players in this team . Bring Grealish and Sancho on at halftime. 
  • You can't expect to get much for £80m but I wonder if United think they've got a bargain for a player that struggles to time a tackle and who gets caught out of position the whole time. 
    Suppose the only positive with Maguire is he's probably better than a defensive pairing of Lindelof and Bailly
  • We're badly missing Dire's Dier's influence