Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    So there are coaches out there over the age of 50 that are worth looking at and progressive, passing, identity football is not soley the preserve of the young ? 
    Indeed, Bødo/Glimt's manager is 53.
  • Options
    Ange has done very well considering he is some unknown Aussie plucking players from the poor Japanese league, the team is in transition and needs a few years to rebuild while Rangers are set to dominant Scottish football for years to come. 

Just to stay on Rangers' coat tails is a remarkable performance from the Bhoys IMHO

At least they have the league cup win as compensation even if they can't stop the Gers winning an historic two in a row.
    Perhaps remove one of the ? In the title of the thread?
    Neither question mark needed on the thread title.
  • Options
    Poor tonight 

Could only draw at Tannadice. 

Ange Out
  • Options
    Congratulations to Celtic, very impressive turnaround over the course of the season and deserve to be champions.
  • Options
    We never stop, apart from in Europe this season where it's happened thrice.

Rangers were unbeaten in the league last season.
  • Options

Rangers fans generous in defeat as ever.

How many Spanish police dogs will be killed this time?
  • Options

He's a Charlton fan isnt he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think he wants me to post some links of Celtic fans misbehaving and have some back and forth.

When Celtic went to Seville they claimes it was a bigger achievement than Ranger's trebble.
  • Options

When Celtic went to Seville they claimes it was a bigger achievement than Ranger's trebble.
    And they were wrong.

Just reminding readers of that time Rangers fans killed some police dogs at a European cup final in Spain and wondering if it could happen again
  • Options

And they were wrong.

Just reminding readers of that time Rangers fans killed some police dogs at a European cup final in Spain and wondering if it could happen again
    Didn't they also trash Manchester, but any large fan gathering will have a large number of idiots that should either know better or who's mums shouldn't let them out. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    As a neutral Scottish person (I supported Kilmarnock before I emigrated and went to both Ibrox and Parkhead when I was a student in Glasgow), I have to say that the achievements of both teams this year has been remarkable. Rangers progress in Europe  is brilliant and Postecoglu has utterly transformed Celtic who were a shambles only 12 months ago. I like the cut of his jib. I hope rangers do it next week and I hope their legions of fans do the country proud. There are a couple of YouTubers (Ohitssteely and Juddytalks) who cover the old firm games from an old form perspective. Worth watching, particularly the European games. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    cfgs said:

And they were wrong.

Didn't they also trash Manchester, but any large fan gathering will have a large number of idiots that should either know better or who's mums shouldn't let them out. 
    Exactly. All fans have dickheads, especially the larger supported ones. This weird obsession on here of trying to wind up other Charlton fans over two clubs that aren’t even in this country is just strange.

Celtics improvement this season has been good and the players they’ve brought in, especially the Japanese lads, have been very shrewd. Saying that, if Rangers win the Europa League, which on paper has been extremely strong this season, then they’ll be more than happy.
  • Options
    Congratulations to ***tic, Gerrard leaving derailed us, but back on course, looking forward to a nice cup double and Pot 1 group stages of the UCL 😎 and improving Scotlands coefficient once again for others to squander 
  • Options
    Good to see sectarianism is alive and well.
  • Options
    Strange comment. There appears to be comments based on rivalry / bants / insults. 
  • Options
    Strange comment. There appears to be comments based on rivalry / bants / insults. 
    Most support of either club outside of Glasgow is based on the religious aspects / Unionist / Nationalist. In my humble opinion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As none of the comments by either Rangers / celtic / neutral fans appear sectarian, I’m curious why you choose bring up this issue.

It is surely possible that a Charlton fan could pick a team in Scotland in the same way they might pick a team to follow in Italy or Spain.

The insinuation that an individual supports either The Rangers or celtic due to sectarianism is unfair, unhelpful and frankly unpleasant 
  • Options

As none of the comments by either Rangers / celtic / neutral fans appear sectarian, I’m curious why you choose bring up this issue.

It is surely possible that a Charlton fan could pick a team in Scotland in the same way they might pick a team to follow in Italy or Spain.

The insinuation that an individual supports either The Rangers or celtic due to sectarianism is unfair, unhelpful and frankly unpleasant 
    And often realistic. 
  • Options
    Most Scottish non old firm fans hate both of them equally (apart from some weirdo Cowdenbeath fan) and say they're as bad as each other. Whereas old firm fans claim moral superiority over the other and point to things that happened decades ago. A Celtic fan laid some flowers for Jimmy Bell last week in his replica shirt which is extremely odd if you're in the know. Surprised that it was plastered all over social media.

The majority outside the old firm would prefer them both out of the league, the small away followings at Ibrox and Celtic Park back this up. The FA has zero interest for the obvious reasons, which is odd as one of them are gentlemen and the other pure evil depending on your standing...
  • Options
    Most Scottish non old firm fans hate both of them equally (apart from some weirdo Cowdenbeath fan) and say they're as bad as each other. Whereas old firm fans claim moral superiority over the other and point to things that happened decades ago. A Celtic fan laid some flowers for Jimmy Bell last week in his replica shirt which is extremely odd if you're in the know. Surprised that it was plastered all over social media.

The majority outside the old firm would prefer them both out of the league, the small away followings at Ibrox and Celtic Park back this up. The FA has zero interest for the obvious reasons, which is odd as one of them are gentlemen and the other pure evil depending on your standing...
    I am a massive Celtic fan if you hadn't guessed so far, who just happened to live outside Cowdenbeath hence why I used to nip along and see them. Just as I do Ebbsfleet, as I come from Gravesend. 

I used to see Celtic play as often as I could in-between working and family committments.

I was also a Charlton season ticket holder at the same time who could only see about half the games for obvious reasons, my dad had it when I couldn't go. Horrible long weekends on overnight buses to do this. 

I guess your opening line is based on a good self assessment or hangover from the cry baby threads.

Weird comment.
  • Options

Exactly. As a kid i first got into football in the mid to late 80s and at that time Rangers started signing quite a few England players who went there because English clubs were banned from Europe, so that's why i chose them. Couldn't care less for the sectarianism, i was a kid and at the time i didn't even know what it was.
  • Options
    Most support of either club outside of Glasgow is based on the religious aspects / Unionist / Nationalist. In my humble opinion. 
    I support Rangers because both of my parents are from that part of Scotland and my Dad (from Glasgow) is a Rangers fan. I haven’t been inside of a church for ages and probably support Scottish nationalism more than unionism these days. 
  • Options
    Indeed, a grand total of 1 (one) English caps have been given to Celtic players in their history, whereas Rangers had regular players in the English national team which caught my attention. 
  • Options
    Indeed, a grand total of 1 (one) English caps have been given to Celtic players in their history, whereas Rangers had regular players in the English national team which caught my attention. 
    Only after Souness and the European ban in the 80's. That was due to money  and European football rather than any other reason. I don't think there have been any this last 20 years. 

Before English clubs got banned from Europe neither team had English players.

One of Celtic's greatest achievements was winning the European Cup including 3 protestants with a team which was born within 12 miles of the Stadium. For a Scottish (not English) club that is really impressive. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Only after Souness and the European ban in the 80's. That was due to money  and European football rather than any other reason. I don't think there have been any this last 20 years. 

One of Celtic's greatest achievements was winning the European Cup including 3 protestants with a team which was born within 12 miles of the Stadium. For a Scottish (not English) club that is really impressive. 
    Great post mate.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Great post mate.
    Thanks.

My real love in Scotland is one of Cowdenbeath's local rivals the mighty Raith Rovers. 

I prefer Celtic to Rangers mostly because when I visited both grounds their fans were friendlier and as a kid I had a football statue of Jimmy Johnstone who I saw play at the Valley for Sheffield United.

Most Rangers fans seemed to be extremely sectarian and support Chelsea and Linfield as the 'Blues Brothers'although some try to extend that to other English teams including us.