Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    Some result winning in Dortmund.
    That second goal let in towards the end concerns me. 
  • Options
    Seven minutes in and it feels like it’s going to be a long night for Rangers already…
  • Options
    Yeah, I think Dortmund will go through. The difference in quality is massive.
  • Options
    Football. Bloody hell.
  • Options
    WATP 
  • Options
    Unbelievable result 🇬🇧
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Watched the game today, the first time I've watched Scottish football in years. I was shocked by the truly awful standard of football.
    Haven't seen that much mis-control and that many misplaced passes since watching Charlton earlier this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joe Hart has given Celtic confidence at the back. Rangers had so much possession in that 2nd half, but Celtic just soaked it all up. Agreed on the passing…bloody awful for large spells. Looking very good now for the green & white. Postecoglu has been a revelation this season!
  • Options
    Great result....
  • Options
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    That Carter-Vickers looked a bit of a beast at the back for Celtic.
  • Options
    Game held up due to broken bottle thrown at Joe Hart....nice fans.
  • Options
    Game held up due to broken bottle thrown at Joe Hart....nice fans.
    Scummy fans on both sides I’m afraid - signing about dead soldiers and taking pizza boxes into games after the ira killed soldiers - nice fans 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Ironically the title of this thread is accurate again. Gerrard leaving Rangers is a game changer. I saw the match and agree that the standard wasn't that great probably low end Championship / top of League One.

I really wish someone could break the Old Firm. Even Rangers needing to reform because of previous financial misdoings ended in them being the only club to challenge Celtic nine years later.

I have been to both Stadiums and personally I found Celtic a lot friendlier although I am a Protestant Englishman which is why I tend to favour them in OF games. An exception to this was last year when I supported the men from Ibrox because I prefer to see titles shared around and the latest nine in a row didn't feel as authentic as Jock Stein's. I would prefer someone like Hearts to get an owner who could get them to compete.

Anyway  the really important result in Scotland today was my Scottish team Raith Rover's SPFL Trophy Final win against Queen of the South. The last time the men from Starks Park won was this Cup was against Rangers a few years ago although their greatest triumph was a League Cup win against Celtic in the 90's . That lead to a European adventure where they even took the lead at the Munich Olympic Stadium against Bayern. I am proud that my favourite Scottish team has inflicted giant killings on both of them.
  • Options
    Great win again for Celtic today, only a matter of time before Postecoglou gets an offer from the Premier League, he is an excellent coach and would do very well.

The thing with Postecoglou is that he is VERY old school, right in the Clough and Ferguson mould, you do it his way or you are out, end of story.

Rangers should be seething at the way Gerrard killed their season, what a selfish little Scouse twat, walking out on your club just weeks into the season is unforgivable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those Japanese signings have been class. Always said there are some fantastic players in Asia, their work rate is off the scale and they are technically sound as well. Around £6m for 3 players.
    The Japanese and Korean players have incredible fitness, work rate and technical ability, their football has come on enormously in the last twenty years since they hosted the World Cup.

Son at Tottenham would easily be in the top 10 front players in the world, 175 goals in 490 games at Spurs is a top effort, especially as he plays behind Kane and doesn’t take penalties.
  • Options
    Great win again for Celtic today, only a matter of time before Postecoglou gets an offer from the Premier League, he is an excellent coach and would do very well.

The thing with Postecoglou is that he is VERY old school, right in the Clough and Ferguson mould, you do it his way or you are out, end of story.

Rangers should be seething at the way Gerrard killed their season, what a selfish little Scouse twat, walking out on your club just weeks into the season is unforgivable.
    Hasn't just killed their season, he's potentially killed the next one as well. League champions get automatic entry to the CL group stage next year, so Celtic will earn an extra 20-25m+ over Rangers straight away.
  • Options
    Ange has been exactly what Celtic needed after the disaster wreaked by Lennon’s second stint as boss. The work rate in a pressing, all-out attacking team is immense, but Joe Hart has added an authority at the back and given reassurance to a defence that had been faltering after successive poor keeper choices since Forster was recalled. 

It’s not just the Japanese trio, who have been superb. Jota & Abada as well and big Tom Rogic looks rejuvenated too. 
  • Options
    Glad we made the cut for the top six.

• Options
    I can understand Rangers fans being annoyed at the way Gerrard left them, but even if you are the manager of Rangers or Celtic the lure of even an average Premier League like side for financial and other reasons is very strong. It's the same reason why Brendan Rogers left Celtic for Leicester. Unless Rangers or Celtic get the chance to play in England which is very unlikely, I don't see the situation changing any time soon.
  • Options
    Glad we made the cut for the top six.

So am I - the mighty Staggies going for Europe :)
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    I can understand Rangers fans being annoyed at the way Gerrard left them, but even if you are the manager of Rangers or Celtic the lure of even an average Premier League like side for financial and other reasons is very strong. It's the same reason why Brendan Rogers left Celtic for Leicester. Unless Rangers or Celtic get the chance to play in England which is very unlikely, I don't see the situation changing any time soon.
    I think the rot (in the league anyway) had started prior to Gerrard leaving, even when Rangers were winning matches the performances often weren’t emphatic.  Ultimately, if you look at recruitment, Celtic have much deeper pockets (which will be even deeper now they’ll walk straight into the Champions League group stages) and we’re able to spend money Rangers couldn’t. 

Celtic have been the better team over the course of the season in the SPL and fully deserve their title, all credit goes to Postecoglu (I was one of those who thought he would be a failure!)
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Rodgers had won the treble treble at Celtic, nothing more he could really achieve.

Gerrard had won a single league title and had a responsibility to at least see out the season, jumping ship like that was really bad.

I am not a Rangers fan at all but blatantly treating one of the great British clubs as a stepping stone for his personal ambitions was really bad form.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Agree with that, and i also think there's a chance Postecoglou will end up here as well. He's been a success pretty much everywhere he's managed.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Rodgers had won the treble treble at Celtic, nothing more he could really achieve.

Gerrard had won a single league title and had a responsibility to at least see out the season, jumping ship like that was really bad.

I am not a Rangers fan at all but blatantly treating one of the great British clubs as a stepping stone for his personal ambitions was really bad form.
    Gerrard's responsibility is to himself and his family. Outside of the top 6 (who aren't changing their manager anytime soon) and possibly Newcastle, Villa with the money their owners are prepared to spend is probably the best premier league job he could hope to get at this moment in time, so why would he turn that down? Yes it's messed Rangers up but if he'd turned it down, then he might not have got a similar job offer for a while.

Yes Rangers was a stepping stone, but that's not really a surprise is it? Villa is also a stepping stone too, as you'd imagine that unless he bombs dramatically he'll be the next Liverpool manager.