Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    Celtic close the gap to 2 points as Rangers drop more points at home.

Rangers dropped 0 points at Ibrox last season, but have already dropped 6 this season. So strong defensively last season, completely average this season.
  • Options
    Even as someone who prefers Rangers over Celtic, i can admit that is a shocking decision.
  • Options
    Stonewaller 
  • Options
    the old firm have always benefited from outrageous bias by the refereeing establishment in Scotland. It is worth about 12 points a season every season each.
    EFA

the preferential treatment that old firm players are given by refs is amazing, Robbie Nelson referred to it as the "Glasgow long blink" recently when the ref missed a Bacuna throttling Kingsly 
  • Options
    Rangers have always benefited from outrageous bias by the refereeing establishment in Scotland. It is worth about 6 points a season every season.
    I guess what you’re saying is that Rangers would have only won the league last season by 94 points without the bias then!
  • Options
    Only two points in it now and Celtic a marginal better GD. Overall I think this season Rangers still have the edge but it’s going to be a two horse race again. Obviously the head to head games will decide it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only two points in it now and Celtic a marginal better GD. Overall I think this season Rangers still have the edge but it’s going to be a two horse race again. Obviously the head to head games will decide it.
    Sticking your neck out a bit there!
    In fairness to Shooters it wasn’t a two horse race last season. 
  • Options
    True, one horse fell very early.
  • Options
    Joking aside it hasn’t really been a two horse race for quite some time. Celtic had the title handed to them on a plate for years whilst Rangers were in the wilderness and once Rangers were back in the running Celtic had become stale and uncompetitive. It’s taking some time for them to get back in the saddle. The football they’re playing is looking good again. They need some strength in depth to compete with Rangers but they’re getting there. New manager has had a good impact. 
  • Options
    Joking aside it hasn’t really been a two horse race for quite some time. Celtic had the title handed to them on a plate for years whilst Rangers were in the wilderness and once Rangers were back in the running Celtic had become stale and uncompetitive. It’s taking some time for them to get back in the saddle. The football they’re playing is looking good again. They need some strength in depth to compete with Rangers but they’re getting there. New manager has had a good impact. 
    Yeah i said at the time when he signed and a lot of people were saying 'who' that Postecoglou had a good record in Australia and Japan and his sides played good football. Celtic are scoring a lot of goals.

Celtic will only get stronger, so Rangers whilst i think clearly have the better squad really need to cut out the sloppy defensive errors. Dropping 6 points at home already could prove crucial in the long run. 
  • Options
    Yeah i said at the time when he signed and a lot of people were saying 'who' that Postecoglou had a good record in Australia and Japan and his sides played good football. Celtic are scoring a lot of goals.

Celtic will only get stronger, so Rangers whilst i think clearly have the better squad really need to cut out the sloppy defensive errors. Dropping 6 points at home already could prove crucial in the long run. 
    I’d rather drop six at home than nine away…
  • Options
    Rangers have always benefited from outrageous bias by the refereeing establishment in Scotland. It is worth about 6 points a season every season.
    What's that you say? Celtic never get soft decisions from referees? It's only ever Rangers?

• Options
    FWIW i know by the letter of the law it's a penalty, but that play acting is laughable.
  • Options
    FWIW i know by the letter of the law it's a penalty, but that play acting is laughable.
    Be fair mate, the sniper was just off camera. 🤣
  • Options
    100% 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good weekend for the forces of good. 
  • Options
    Aribo just scored against Maynard Brewer
  • Options
    All green league cup final in Scotland this season.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    All green league cup final in Scotland this season.
    Sounds like the forces of good made it. Good luck to hibs.
  • Options
    Looks like one of the Old Firm are going through.
  • Options
    What happens if Sparta win and Lyon do as well. Is it decided on GD, matches between Sparta and Rangers ?
  • Options
    What happens if Sparta win and Lyon do as well. Is it decided on GD, matches between Sparta and Rangers ?
    Head to head between to 2

Sparta won 1-0 in Prague

Rangers won 2-0 in Glasgow

So Rangers win the head to head 2-1
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Celtic have turned up in an Old Firm game for the first time in ages. Absolutely killing Rangers here so far.