Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    Also read they currently have no head of recruitment and no sporting director.

It's like they've got Meire running the show.
    Thought they’d hired the former head of Scottish rugby (or something like that) as their director of football?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Thought they’d hired the former head of Scottish rugby (or something like that) as their director of football?
    Dominic Mckay was brought in to replace Peter Lawwell as Chief executive 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

How’s that working out so far?!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Not really sure what Celtic's owners are doing, they appear to have sold half their team and not replaced any of them.

How can you go into a CL qualifier with that defence? Ages of 23, 21, 21 and a centre back who was only 18 last month.
    It doesn’t have Shane Duffy in it anymore after he returned to Brighton, so it can only be an improvement!
    When Brighton played at Ibrox the other week the Gers fans were giving it to him and apparently he played along waving & clapping 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

How’s that working out so far?!
    well he's currently trying to sign Joe Hart...
  • Options
    I watched a documentary about Tommy Burns last night on BBC ALBA (a Gaelic channel I randomly stumbled upon!). Was really interesting and obviously sad at the end. Seemed like an absolute hero football wise, but also a great man. Well worth a watch if you can find it.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    YTS1978 said:
    I watched a documentary about Tommy Burns last night on BBC ALBA (a Gaelic channel I randomly stumbled upon!). Was really interesting and obviously sad at the end. Seemed like an absolute hero football wise, but also a great man. Well worth a watch if you can find it.
    Yeah I think people on both sides of the divide hold him in very high regard. 

Was the documentary in Gaelic? They show live football on Alba, the commentary in Gaelic is fascinating!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    YTS1978 said:

Was the documentary in Gaelic? They show live football on Alba, the commentary in Gaelic is fascinating!
    Agree regarding TB. 

Not seen this documentary but seen others on this channel. The interviews were in English, the narration in Gaelic with English subtitles
  • Options
    the downfall of this great old club (like them or not) must be one of the fastest ever .. home games always sold out, sponsorship .. where has all the cash gone ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we take the last 3 years Celtic have sold Dembele, Armstrong, Tierney, Frimpong and Ajer, almost 70m of sales and apart from signing Edouard i don't think they've really spent much replacing any of them adequately. And Edouard wants to leave as well. They've also lost solid players like Lustig, Izaguirre, Sinclair, Gordon and now Scott Brown.

Compare their squad now to Rangers and they're absolutely miles behind. Rangers have a good keeper, very solid defence with backup options, midfielders like Aribo, Kent, Arfield, Davis, Kamara, Hagi and up front have the likes of Morelos, Roofe, Defoe, Itten plus the new african striker who scored against Real Madrid the other day.

You could potentially argue that Rangers' squad is good enough to field two XI's and they'd both finish above Celtic.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    YTS1978 said:

Agree regarding TB. 

Not seen this documentary but seen others on this channel. The interviews were in English, the narration in Gaelic with English subtitles
    Yeah, the voiceover was in Gaelic and subtitled. Took a bit of getting used to! He definitely crossed divides in the city and was a well respected man.
  • Options
    Celtic one down 8 minutes into the season at Hearts.
  • Options
    This season is gonna be a lot of fun 
  • Options
    Great start for newly promoted Hearts 
  • Options
    😎

😂
  • Options
    Celtic's first opening day defeat for 24 years!

Already playing catch up to Rangers. 
  • Options
    On a thread about Celtic that is dominated by Rangers supporters obsessing about everything Celtic is this meant to be some sort of irony? Or am I being whooshed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha just see the goals.

What flags can we use to celebrate?
  • Options
    On a thread about Celtic that is dominated by Rangers supporters obsessing about everything Celtic is this meant to be some sort of irony? Or am I being whooshed?
    Indeed most cheaters fans I know and have known are short of some cells upstairs.
  • Options
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇮🇹 🇩🇰 🇬🇧 
  • Options
    It's a year old when Celtic were the dominate team.
  • Options
    Scored four and should have had more, but let in two comical goals as well. New manager seems to have them trying to play good football, but really do need some decent defenders still. 

Have to say that John Hartson is spot on and gave some brutally honest punditry. Really do like him. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Scored four and should have had more, but let in two comical goals as well. New manager seems to have them trying to play good football, but really do need some decent defenders still. 

Have to say that John Hartson is spot on and gave some brutally honest punditry. Really do like him. 
    Well y’all wont have heard of Jablonec, but they are no mugs, and not in the habit of shipping 4 goals at home. Tho’ my Celtic buddies dont seem too impressed! 
  • Options
    While I’m sure that’s true, the Czech league is looking very average right now… 

TNS 4-2 Viktoria Plzen
    Jablonec 2-4 Celtic
    Ferencvaros 2-0 Slavia Prague
    Sparta Prague 0-2 Monaco
  • Options

TNS 4-2 Viktoria Plzen
    Jablonec 2-4 Celtic
    Sparta Prague 0-2 Monaco
    Say no to racism in full effect.
  • Options

TNS 4-2 Viktoria Plzen
    Jablonec 2-4 Celtic
    Sparta Prague 0-2 Monaco
    Couldn't happen to a nicer country!