Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    They need a major overhaul at Celtic, but the tight wads won't pay it, so this will go on for a few seasons yet.
    Yeah they have a very interesting summer ahead. They just hired a new Chief Executive to oversee the rebuild who has no football experience (they’ve brought him in from the Scottish rugby association or something) so we’ll see how that goes. 
  • Options
    Howe Out
  • Options
    Crazy few minutes in the old firm.

26 - Roofe puts Rangers ahead.
    27 - McGregor sent off for a second yellow for a foul in the build up to the Roofe goal
    30 - Edouard equalises
    33- Morelos makes it 2-1
    Not saying it would have charge result yesterday, but the ref got it wrong when playing advantage and giving the second yellow card, as the advantage lead to a goal.
  • Options

27 - McGregor sent off for a second yellow for a foul in the build up to the Roofe goal
    30 - Edouard equalises
    33- Morelos makes it 2-1
    Not saying it would have charge result yesterday, but the ref got it wrong when playing advantage and giving the second yellow card, as the advantage lead to a goal.

I didn't watch the whole game so missed the second yellow, so I haven't an opinion on whether or not the card was justified.
    However, when a referee plays an advantage, irrespective of the outcome (goal, missed shot, fizzles out to nothing), he still has the ability once the ball goes dead to punish the foul play.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

30 - Edouard equalises
    33- Morelos makes it 2-1

I didn't watch the whole game so missed the second yellow, so I haven't an opinion on whether or not the card was justified.
    However, when a referee plays an advantage, irrespective of the outcome (goal, missed shot, fizzles out to nothing), he still has the ability once the ball goes dead to punish the foul play.
    Law changes for 20/21.

• Options
    bobmunro said:

30 - Edouard equalises
    33- Morelos makes it 2-1

Law changes for 20/21.

I think it probably would have been a yellow regardless of whether it happened during a goal scoring opportunity so I’m guessing that’s why it was still given.
  • Options
    Is there a parallel with the Plymouth defender who tried to prevent a goal using his hand against us. He got a yellow because he failed but it would have been a red had he succeeded.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Is there a parallel with the Plymouth defender who tried to prevent a goal using his hand against us. He got a yellow because he failed but it would have been a red had he succeeded.
    Not sure to be honest, I’ll try and see if I can find a video on social media 

Edit - couldn’t find a video of the incident, but did provide myself with a timely reminder of the utter cesspool that is Old Firm social media!
  • Options
    Apparently a nightclub owner in the same area also had a couple of his cars firebombed so no proof yet that this even has anything to do with football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently a nightclub owner in the same area also had a couple of his cars firebombed so no proof yet that this even has anything to do with football.
    I do hope not
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Jack Ross. Hardly inspiring if it is him.

edit: his name is trending alongside the Howe story. That’s why I mentioned him. 
  • Options

Ange Postecoglou is Celtic's new manager.

The 55-year-old replaces Neil Lennon, who resigned in February as the club failed in a bid to win a record 10th consecutive Scottish Premiership title.

The former Australia boss joins from Yokohama F Marinos in Japan on a 12-month rolling contract.

Celtic turned to Postecoglou after Eddie Howe rejected the opportunity to move to Glasgow, with the club citing "reasons outwith both his and our control".

A 10-day quarantine period means he will miss the beginning of pre-season training on 17 June, while his opening game will be a Champions League second qualifying round tie in July.

• Options
    Not many will have heard of him but i actually think he'll do well. Plays decent football, his Brisbane Roar side dominated the A league, he did ok with Australia and then he won the Japanese league as well.
  • Options
    Who the hell is this bloke they've just appointed? Got disaster written all over it 
  • Options
    Who the hell is this bloke they've just appointed? Got disaster written all over it 
    People said that about Arsene Wenger. 

He is actually a very good manager, & gets his teams playing very good football.

Whilst Australia didn't get through the group stage at the 2014 world cup (the squad wasn't as good as their "golden generation) of the early-mid 2000s), they gave everyone they played a run for their money. 

The fellow needs a chance, & I hope with naysayers no doubt thinking  "WTF?", he gives them "a nice big shitburger to eat."
    (To quote Lou Brown in Major League)
  • Options
    Not many will have heard of him but i actually think he'll do well. Plays decent football, his Brisbane Roar side dominated the A league, he did ok with Australia and then he won the Japanese league as well.

Wonder why he's taking the step down to drop down to the Scottish leagues.
    Possibly raise his name/profile with an eye to a bigger job in England or another European league later on. He's pretty obscure but seems that people who DO know him rate him so a few years in Scotland to get his name out there makes sense.
  • Options
    I take it he got a pass for not having the European coaching badges?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Hiring their 8th choice for manager on a 12 month contract, hilarious! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    One more season in Scotland and it will be Gerrard departing for either the PL or top Championship. I don’t suppose Rangers will find it any easier than Celtic have in getting in their preferred choice. What goes around comes around.
  • Options
    Listening to peeps trying to say his name on the radio over here is hilarious 😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    One more season in Scotland and it will be Gerrard departing for either the PL or top Championship. I don’t suppose Rangers will find it any easier than Celtic have in getting in their preferred choice. What goes around comes around.
    He’ll leave with more league titles than big Ange! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Well perhaps but would you bet your house on it ? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Well perhaps but would you bet your house on it ? 
    That would be very reckless, why would I bet my house on anything?
  • Options
    Ange would have been Charlton manager had the Aussies taken over when they first came in to buy us.

Pleased the Bhoys didn't go for the obvious "name" candidates.

Shame I won't be able to get a selfie with him in Wales but think he'll do well.
  • Options
    Ange would have been Charlton manager had the Aussies taken over when they first came in to buy us.

Pleased the Bhoys didn't go for the obvious "name" candidates.

Shame I won't be able to get a selfie with him in Wales but think he'll do well.
    Lets hope so