Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    Massive game for Celtic. A win tonight could win them the title.
  • Options
    I don’t know why Prem clubs don’t invest in more Japanese/Korean players. They are always technically good and work their bollocks off.
  • Options
    I don’t know why Prem clubs don’t invest in more Japanese/Korean players. They are always technically good and work their bollocks off.
    Remember a korean lad at uni..couldn't get near him.  
  • Options
    Wow 3-0 before half time. Postecoglou has done a brilliant job over there.
  • Options
    I think we're seeing here just how good Gerrard was as manager. This lot look absolutely awful. 

The speed Celtic pass and get the ball forward is on a different level to anything Rangers are doing.
  • Options
    I think it also illustrates how bad Celtic had become under Lennon.
  • Options
    Of not for the Rangers goalkeeper Celtic would be up 6-0
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Remember a korean lad at uni..couldn't get near him.  
    We had two Japanese students who played Sunday league for us, one was absolute quality, the second was decent but, I know its a cliche, I've never known anything like it for how much he could run and run.

We were doing a bleep test one night, he cycled there, warmed up by doing laps of the car park, proceeded to complete the lot, barely out of breath before smiling, waving at us and cycling off home.

Felt like he could have probably done it twice over.
  • Options
    I have seen O’Riley a couple times for Celtic now. Can’t believe he was playing League 1 until a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Both these teams step it up a notch when they face each other but Rangers are all over the place tonight. Passing is terrible, out of position just not in it,they have a long road back in the second half, can't see Celtic falling apart either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    are there any Rangers fans in the ground , did i hear them so no away fans tonight ... why is that ..

absolutely crazy atmosphere anyway, fucking jock lunatics ... madness 
  • Options
    I have to say Joe Aribo is not having a good game. Mind you, no-one in a blue shirt is.
  • Options
    That’s cheered me up no end.
  • Options
    Could all change next week.
  • Options
    Could all change next week.
    Top four playing each other on Sunday. 
  • Options
    As someone who watched his teams play every week when he was in Brisbane I can tell you that he put together an extraordinary team by Australian standards - his team won the league three times in four seasons (although he was only boss for the first two wins).

As a lifelong Charlton fan I can say with some confidence that I have never seen 'my' team play football like Ange had Brisbane playing, it was genuinely impressive and they just passed teams to death and wore them out.

Of course, none of this means he will succeed in Scotland, albeit that the A-League and SPL are probably of very similar standards, a mate of mine here has played in both (and in EFL League One) and told me that outside the Old Firm the quality is very similar to the A-League.

The biggest problem that Ange will have that he is very thin-skinned and doesn't take criticism well at all - just You Tube his on-air row with Craig Foster - so the Glasgow fishbowl may not be the best idea.

He also did very well with the Australian national team, winning the Asian Cup for the first time, and also won the J-League - now THAT is a very good league - in his second season there.

As people learned when Wenger revolutionised Arsenal there is a lot of talent outside our normal areas of purview.

Looks like with the 3-0 win tonight that Postecoglou is doing better than even I thought he would or could, the bloke is a top coach and will go onto much bigger things than Celtic in due course.

Rangers have every right to be furious with Stevie “It’s all about me” Gerrard dumping them mid season to go to Villa - that was a shithouse move from him, but about what you expect these days.

• Options
    I think it also illustrates how bad Celtic had become under Lennon.
    This is true but Gerrard had them well up for games and they were always organised. They conceded just 13 goals in the whole of last season. Under van Bronckhorst they've conceded 6 goals just this week.
  • Options
    SPL level is play off championship at best.
    Calm down.
  • Options
    Bottom 6 SPL is League 1.
  • Options
    SPL level is play off championship at best.
    Calm down.

Outside the Old Firm, I would agree - in fact apart from them the rest are struggling Championship/League one.

Celtic and Rangers as they are now would be mid/bottom half Prem - within 2-3 years playing in the Prem they would be challenging for top 6.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rangers were abysmal, first half was the worst performance I can remember. Changes at half time & Celtic taking their foot off the gas meant  a slightly better second half.

Hatate looks a concerningly good player, advantage Celtic
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    German said:
    Well done the Bhoys . . . Hail Hail ☘️☘️. . . 
    With that username I assumed you would be a hun?

Great signings in the window by celtic. Their manager knows the J league well.
  • Options
    are there any Rangers fans in the ground , did i hear them so no away fans tonight ... why is that ..

absolutely crazy atmosphere anyway, fucking jock lunatics ... madness 
    No away fans apparently. Not sure why but expect Glasgow police were pleased!
  • Options
    Wasn't even close to full strength Celtic either. No idea why as i've got no allegiance either but i've always much preferred Celtic to Rangers. think it was from watching Henrik Larsson as a kid
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-rangers-champions-league-boost-26286806

Direct qualification to the Champions League for the Scottish Champions is likely for 22/23. Coefficient has been steadily climbing back up after a poor few seasons in Europe.

Rangers will be upset if they’ve done all that work in European competition recently only to lose the automatic place to Celtic.
  • Options
    Wasn't even close to full strength Celtic either. No idea why as i've got no allegiance either but i've always much preferred Celtic to Rangers. think it was from watching Henrik Larsson as a kid
    One of the best players in the world.
  • Options
    Some result winning in Dortmund.