Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options

The Japanese translator received a medal!

Ange's translator got a booking during a game in Japan!
  • Options

unless it's changed those medals are fake, the club get medals through at a later date for everyone eligable.

covers anyone losing one when absolutely blootered 
  • Options
    anyone going up for the final on Saturday?
  • Options
    No but looking forward to watching it on TV.
  • Options

unless it's changed those medals are fake, the club get medals through at a later date for everyone eligable.

covers anyone losing one when absolutely blootered 
    There not fake as such.

They get a presentation medal and a more traditional medal in a box.

We have mendonca's four medals from 98 and 2000 on display in the museum plus a spare from 2000 we let kids wear for photos 
    ahh right, thanks
  • Options
    No, know loads who are. I did go to Manchester though.
  • Options
    I'm travelling up to Edinburgh Friday Lunch then going through Saturday morning.

i know a few lads going to Seville and my cousin who lives in Largs is going but nobody for the Scottish cup final on Saturday.

Hearts are winning the cup anyway  
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    In Malaga today. Real buzz about the place with hundreds of Rangers fans enroute to Sevilla. All enjoying themselves in the sunshine and no sign of any trouble. Heading out for the evening soon. It will be interesting to see how things go.
  • Options
    I'm travelling up to Edinburgh Friday Lunch then going through Saturday morning.

i know a few lads going to Seville and my cousin who lives in Largs is going but nobody for the Scottish cup final on Saturday.

Hearts are winning the cup anyway  
    Hope so mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    In Malaga today. Real buzz about the place with hundreds of Rangers fans enroute to Sevilla. All enjoying themselves in the sunshine and no sign of any trouble. Heading out for the evening soon. It will be interesting to see how things go.

Rangers fans were enjoying themselves to the full last night. Locals and other tourist enjoying the spectacle. Even the Spanish coppers were smiling at their antics. 

Slight irony was that the biggest groups were gathered outside the 2 Irish bars in the centre of Malaga. Or perhaps not  :)
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:

Rangers fans were enjoying themselves to the full last night. Locals and other tourist enjoying the spectacle. Even the Spanish coppers were smiling at their antics. 

Slight irony was that the biggest groups were gathered outside the 2 Irish bars in the centre of Malaga. Or perhaps not  :)
    A bit sorry not to be staying on another day. They were setting up a couple of big outdoor screens for tonight. There were more Rangers fans arriving from all over the place at Malaga airport this morning. About a dozen or so even got off the incoming flight from Liverpool as we were waiting to board for our return journey. They must be booking anything they can get hold of going from the U.K. to Andalusia. Love them or hate them fantastic support.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Great memories of that stadium.
  • Options
    They could open the Real Betis stadium for them to watch it on screens there as well! 
  • Options
    Hard luck Rangers.

Did fantastically well to reach the final and to take it all the way to penalties.

Should be proud of that achievement
    Agreed...any comment from Kenny yet.
  • Options
    Evening.
  • Options
    Penalties are cruel but that was the closet a Scottish team has come to winning a European honour for forty odd years. There were some big names in the competition this season.

Worth noting there are no reports of trouble from Rangers fans last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not according to sky news, both sets of fans throwing chairs and fighting in the streets prior to the match. 

But nowhere near the disgraceful shaming scenes in Manchester several years ago.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited May 2022
    Not according to sky news, both sets of fans throwing chairs and fighting in the streets prior to the match. 

But nowhere near the disgraceful shaming scenes in Manchester several years ago.
    I’ve seen the video, 200-300 German hooligans looking for trouble attacked an outside bar with 30-40 Rangers fans in it.
    There is a big difference between setting out to cause trouble and being attacked randomly by a mob when your doing nothing more than sitting in a bar.

Answer me this, your in the Royal Oak pre match, having a beer, it’s attacked by 200-300 rival fans, chairs are thrown at you, you defend yourself.. whose to blame?

• Options

4 Germans arrested, no Brits so hardly a big deal if you know what Seville police are like.

Unlike when Celtic were there.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-man-stab-charge-seville-2510893
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    3-4 Rangers players didn’t turn up last night, think the occasion got to them, Tavernier was nowhere near his best, Goldson had a mare, especially for the equaliser.
    Still, not expected to get there, over achieved, although disappointed, still a great achievement overall, they should be proud still.
    Bassey was incredible, i expect he'll be heading south in the summer.
  • Options

4 Germans arrested, no Brits so hardly a big deal if you know what Seville police are like.

Unlike when Celtic were there.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-man-stab-charge-seville-2510893
    There were numerous videos on social media at the weekend showing “ra Sellik fans” celebrating their title win with fighting amongst themselves, pissing themselves in the street, breaking into a monument and general mess and damage.
    But hey ho, it’s all about the big bad Rangers, even some creating fake news stories and articles about plane arrests and restaurants being trashed, so determined were some to create that narrative, regardless of any truth. 

Large gatherings of any football crowds will always attract morons, from any club. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:

I’ve seen the video, 200-300 German hooligans looking for trouble attacked an outside bar with 30-40 Rangers fans in it.
    There is a big difference between setting out to cause trouble and being attacked randomly by a mob when your doing nothing more than sitting in a bar.

Answer me this, your in the Royal Oak pre match, having a beer, it’s attacked by 200-300 rival fans, chairs are thrown at you, you defend yourself.. whose to blame?

Royal oak would be too packed for me to go in.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    DA9 said:
    3-4 Rangers players didn’t turn up last night, think the occasion got to them, Tavernier was nowhere near his best, Goldson had a mare, especially for the equaliser.
    Still, not expected to get there, over achieved, although disappointed, still a great achievement overall, they should be proud still.
    Frankfurt fans did the same to West Ham, so its hardly surprising. 

As for the game, I thought Tavernier had an awful night. He defended we but was absolutely atrocious in possession. Lost count of the amount of times he lost the ball. Kent wasn't really at it, and Aribo struggled to find any real space. I still thought Rangers were unlucky though. Good game to watch as a neutral.
  • Options

detailed thread on the financial implications for Celtic of winning the league 

Rangers benefit too
  • Options
    Quite ironic that Rangers have single handedly boosted Scotland's coefficient ranking in recent seasons........and it's Celtic that benefit and take Scotland's automatic CL spot.