Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland v Charlton | Sat 04 Aug | 12:30pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

Or even playing Marshall wb and moving Solly infield where he has played before.

Works too. Making it something like this I guess you were suggesting...

Phillips
    Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Marshall Solly Pratley Aribo Page
    Taylor Grant
  • Options
    Isn"t Taylor still injured ??
  • Options
    Noooo, please don't think about Solly in midfield! It does not work!
  • Options

Just a bruised foot wasn't it. Give him a couple of Neurofen.
  • Options

And a calf strain.

• Options
    For anyone using the Metro tomorrow .. the system is closing between 19.30 Sat and 11.00 Sunday for an 'upgrade' .. be aware
  • Options
    Sink or swim time for a few of the YTS lads tomorrow. Not ideal, but it’s their chance to shine. Am still excited for the start of the season COYA!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

And a calf strain.

Another 4G related injury, assuming they do proper warm-up stretches that didn't lead to Kashi and Igor's achilles injuries.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Or even playing Marshall wb and moving Solly infield where he has played before.

Works too. Making it something like this I guess you were suggesting...

Phillips
    Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Marshall Solly Pratley Aribo Page
    Taylor Grant
    Which falls apart as soon as one of the CBs inevitably gets injured!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have the team for tomorrow as:
    .......... Phillips
    Solly Bauer Pearce Page
    Lapslie Maloney Aribo Marshall
    ...... Taylor Grant

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Sarr, Mascoll, Pratley, Morgan, Ajose, Hackett-Fairchild

Yikes.
  • Options
    it is an awful thing to think but there is a bit of me that hopes we get well and truly thrashed tomorrow which will really show the club up for what it is a fucking mess
  • Options
    edited August 2018

it is an awful thing to think but there is a bit of me that hopes we get well and truly thrashed tomorrow which will really show the club up for what it is a fucking mess

Yes, it is awful, get out the sun and lay off the booze for the rest of the day
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Why is Bowyer still rolling out this bullshit promotion aim chat.

We are sinking without a trace and have a lower league 2 midfield and a lower league 1 frontline - who is he trying to kid?!
  • Options
    Lyle will fill scoring void for Charlton, says Solly

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/948910089?-11197:833
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

And a calf strain.

Another 4G related injury, assuming they do proper warm-up stretches that didn't lead to Kashi and Igor's achilles injuries.
    I thought Bowyer said he fell down some stairs!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Oggy Red said:

And a calf strain.

Three to be exact.

It's always nice when you get those little moments where you realize footballers are just like you.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

We are sinking without a trace and have a lower league 2 midfield and a lower league 1 frontline - who is he trying to kid?!

It's for the benefit of the players. He's trying to build confidence and give them something to aim for. I'm really not sure what else he can do?
    Yes but you can build confidence without being unrealistic.

I’m sure Rochdales or Accrington’s gaffer isn’t saying they are going for promotion to why are we?! We have as much hope as them quite frankly!
  • Options

johnny73 said:

It's for the benefit of the players. He's trying to build confidence and give them something to aim for. I'm really not sure what else he can do?

I’m sure Rochdales or Accrington’s gaffer isn’t saying they are going for promotion to why are we?! We have as much hope as them quite frankly!

johnny73 said:

Before a ball is kicked he has to sell the idea that anything is possible. It's his way of attempting to get the most out of the players. Especially as so many of them are inexperienced.

What's the worst that can happen? We go down? That's more likely to happen if he says 'aim for mid table lads'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

f f s .. yeah, Bowyer should tell the team before the season starts that they are a bunch of fucking useless losers and they, the club and the fans are not worth a toss and CAFC will soon be playing back in the Lewisham League fourth division .. honestly, some 'fans' .. like these, who needs enemies
  • Options
    Just got to the hotel here up in Sunderland after missing the connecting train from Newcastle as it was delayed when we got to York.

The weather here is crap and been raining for a bit today. The area around Sunderland city centre isn’t that nice, but I am still hopeful of a result tomorrow.

1-1 draw.
  • Options
    There's a rumour on Facebook that we've only taken 5 subs.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

There's a rumour on Facebook that we've only taken 5 subs.

Wont surprise me in the slightest

Wondered on another thread earlier in the week if that would happen and that we should be prepared to expect it
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Essex_Al said:

Oggy Red said:

And a calf strain.

Three to be exact.

It's always nice when you get those little moments where you realize footballers are just like you.
    yeh pissed.
  • Options

f f s .. yeah, Bowyer should tell the team before the season starts that they are a bunch of fucking useless losers and they, the club and the fans are not worth a toss and CAFC will soon be playing back in the Lewisham League fourth division .. honestly, some 'fans' .. like these, who needs enemies
    Did you actually read my post?!

My point was the Accrington and Rochdale will not be rolling lines like that out. We didn’t when we were promoted to the champ last time.

It isn’t being defeatist - it’s making sure they don’t feel like they have failed if they come 16th in League One. Personally I would bite your hand off if you offered me 16th - relegation will finish the club off so if we avoid that the players are heroes
  • Options
    Staying over in Newcastle tonight before the match tomorrow, watching the Reading v Derby match in the bar at St James’ Park
  • Options

My point was the Accrington and Rochdale will not be rolling lines like that out. We didn’t when we were promoted to the champ last time.

It isn’t being defeatist - it’s making sure they don’t feel like they have failed if they come 16th in League One. Personally I would bite your hand off if you offered me 16th - relegation will finish the club off so if we avoid that the players are heroes

I did read it .. 'Bowyer and promotion bullshit' .. your assessment of the Lancashire clubs was on another post
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Oggy Red said:

And a calf strain.

Apologies to the groundsmen. He tripped on some stairs!!