Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland v Charlton | Sat 04 Aug | 12:30pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    From the line-up in the OP I don't expect Ajose to feature & LB will go with the tried & tested (well, I pre-season game) striking partnership of Grant & Recco. Also LB said that weekend that he wasn't playing the triaiists as they would probably not be featuring against Sunderland

You've all been played. LB is sucking up to RD & is pretending that we are earnestly looking to bring in players when in reality we've not got a pot to piss in.

The fact that both signings will most likely not start & may not even make the bench says it all. By now surely at least 2 of Dawkins/Ince/Ward would have been signed.

A win or a draw & we are top of the league come 2.30pm........a defeat & we are bottom.

2-0 to the home side.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

From the line-up in the OP I don't expect Ajose to feature & LB will go with the tried & tested (well, I pre-season game) striking partnership of Grant & Recco.

The fact that our only 2 signings to date are both not fit says it all.

A win or a draw & we are top of the league come 2.30pm........a defeat & we are bottom.

2-0 to the home side

I love your posts, Golfie.

They make me realise my life is not so bad after all.

I've just amended that post.......even more negative. lol
  • Options
    JFC did his ACL in training today.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Ermmmm you're joking?
  • Options
    Wish I was.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Fuck sake. If that’s true (and RH is generally very reliable) we are royally fucked. Relegation certainty.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Got a feeling two from Lapslie | Maloney | Morgan could be starting on Saturday then

Would honestly rather leave Pratley on the bench, we may we weak in midfield with JFC gone but would rather we didnt throw Darren in and so risk another injury
  • Options
    Surely we need to sign up Ince now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

ha ha ha ha.........joke of a club.

RB had better come out of retirement & play.
  • Options
    A great reporter then.

"Mr Hitler........how do you rate your paintings"

oops.....forget to ask him about the 6m murdered Jews.....
  • Options
    When is the press conference then? Surely he will mention JFC if it is the case. Gutted as he was looking better and better for us.
  • Options

When is the press conference then? Surely he will mention JFC if it is the case. Gutted as he was looking better and better for us.

The press conference has happened hence the tweets from Emma Jones, unfortunately we only get to see it if we have Valley Pass now it seems

Guess Bowyer wont say anything about JFC to try and keep Sunderland guessing
  • Options
    So out injured we have arguably our 4 best players Fosu, Vetokele, Clarke + JFC. At least we know we will get suitable replacements in.. ah shit.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Redhenry said:

Heart sank reading this.

Absolutely gutted. Just hope it isn’t too bad and he is back quicker than they hope... wow, things are beyond bad for us with luck and injuries!
  • Options

Got a feeling two from Lapslie | Maloney | Morgan could be starting on Saturday then

Would honestly rather leave Pratley on the bench, we may we weak in midfield with JFC gone but would rather we didnt throw Darren in and so risk another injury

Throw him in? He has completed 2 x 45 mins and has been training with us for a good while now. No reason he cant play for 70 mins or so.

If that JFC news is true, then we havent a hope of competing this year. Load of kids plus crocks - we will literally be Blackpool part 2.
  • Options
    Let's get these non-event games out of the way so that we can get stuck into winning the Checkatrade.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

Throw him in? He has completed 2 x 45 mins and has been training with us for a good while now. No reason he cant play for 70 mins or so.

If that JFC news is true, then we havent a hope of competing this year. Load of kids plus crocks - we will literally be Blackpool part 2.
    Pearce in his first three friendlies played 45mins and then just 30mins, its only in the last week that he's been able to play over 60mins in a game

There is no way Pratley will be fit enough to play 70+ mins yet

I'll be surprised if he doesnt start on the bench yet then appear around the 60th minute, hopefully we'll be winning so he'll be an option to tighten up
  • Options
    JFC was THE player that I had been hoping to watch (for the first time) as he seemed to be one of our best players. And now an ACL injury? Jesus Christ...... :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    is that true about JFC - not seen anything yet other than on here.

why are they training today and not travelling up there ?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

is that true about JFC - not seen anything yet other than on here.

why are they training today and not travelling up there ?

The worry is @RedHenry seems well informed about what happens @ Sparrows Lane with past comments being spot on

Probably travelling up tomorrow
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

No way!!! How unlucky are we!!! Are are screwed
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Redhenry said:

Not saying you are wrong but that is quite a complicated injury and you don't fully know the problem until swelling has gone down so how would they know already?
  • Options
    There is something something seriously wrong with the amount of injuries we have picked up over the past couple of years.
    I know we changed certain medical and fitness personal but it appears to of had no effect.
    This problem with t
  • Options
    It is being reported elsewhere that it is true about JFC. I don't know personally, but if it is true our squad is even more threadbare than I thought. I make it potentially 14/15 fit players?