Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Patrick Bauer (**Confirmed Leaving Pg 2**)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    A few people looking down their noses at Preston need to take a reality check.

Charlton have been in league one for three seasons and are a shambles in the boardroom.

One Wembley win and some think we're Billy Big Bollocks.

Proud Preston are a decent club, well run, progressive and planning ahead. And they have a far more impressive history, albeit some of it from the century before last.

They were able and willing to offer Bauer what he considered a better package than we were willing to.

Come next Wednesday, when the Aussie/US/India takeover is confirmed, maybe we'll be able and willing to do offer more but till then let's not think we're something special when we're not.
    I honestly think he would have done better staying with us rather than leave for a small rise. Knows the Club, players, Manager etc. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Charlton have been in league one for three seasons and are a shambles in the boardroom.

Proud Preston are a decent club, well run, progressive and planning ahead. And they have a far more impressive history, albeit some of it from the century before last.

They were able and willing to offer Bauer what he considered a better package than we were willing to.

Come next Wednesday, when the Aussie/US/India takeover is confirmed, maybe we'll be able and willing to do offer more but till then let's not think we're something special when we're not.
    I honestly think he would have done better staying with us rather than leave for a small rise. Knows the Club, players, Manager etc. 
    Quite possibly but a lot of Sunderland fans said Taylor should have gone to them.

It's Bauer's decision (I don't believe he's so weak he just does what his evil agent says) and if he's choosing them over us maybe look at why we weren't attractive enough despite all those factors you list.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Redhenry said:
    I reckon he's on 5500 to 6 a week at Preston

I thought he might go to Blackburn and double his money on a 3 year.

Preston aren't know as big payers but if Charlton offer was 2 years at 5k compared to 3 years at 6k maybe that did get Mrs BFG to push Patrick into signing for Preston selling up and going to Lytham st Anne's and bringing a baby up in a healthy environment where she can take the wee one to the seaside which is 5 minutes away.

Judging by a comment made by a current Cafc player Mrs Bauer may've had quite a say in Patrick's decision.

Ps. Not agents decision.
    Plus you double the size of your house and garden. Just listen out for people shouting out "Fore!"
  • Options
    Agents have some sway, some agents would have said to stay put and wait for a bigger move.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Has he seen Preston? He might get a bit of a shock. Or maybe just relieved it isn't Blackburn!
    Preston's a crap hole, but on 6k a week he won't need to live in a former council terrace house. Parts of Cheshire and Lancashire are very nice indeed, and Manchester is close by. I'm sure he'll be just fine.
    Agreed! Within ten miles of Preston you have some of the most beautiful countryside in the world, Clitheroe, Longridge and Whalley (the equivalent of any Surrey or Kent village) and Lancaster and the Lake District just up the road. He wouldn't be living in fucking Ribbleton or Ingol...  :#
  • Options
    I think he is definitely on ten grand a week easily and at 26 years of age and a family to support is why he signed for them.The championship has moved on quite a lot since we were there,we have a lot of catching up to do money wise. 
  • Options
    Aaaah , Grapevine.

You've definitely hit THE spot....

Fanny's tingle has definitely returned. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Agents have some sway, some agents would have said to stay put and wait for a bigger move.
    Agree they do, just meant not so much in BFG case. Only a hunch.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

It's Bauer's decision (I don't believe he's so weak he just does what his evil agent says) and if he's choosing them over us maybe look at why we weren't attractive enough despite all those factors you list.

I reckon it's Bauer's missus who told him he had to sign for Preston.

Round here she was fed up trying to find a parking space at Sainsbury's. :smile:

• Options
    Good luck to Patrick. Sad to see the Big F****** German leave but the memory of that 94th-minute goal at Wembley will stay in the memory for ever (BFG94)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck BFG, if I could I'd wish him all the best, just not against us Pat.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I reckon he's on 5500 to 6 a week at Preston
    Sorry but if we offered him 5k, as has been said, I honestly don’t think he’d have upsticks and gone Oop North for an extra grand a week. Just don’t buy that.
    Except that there are some (quite a few, actually) really nice places to live around Preston, at a much lower cost of living than around London (plus decent transport links), so the disposable income he'd have would be equivalent to a bigger increase in wages elsewhere.

And Preston is much more a football town than either Wigan or Blackburn. 
  • Options
    Most of the idiots who criticise the North have not even visited half the places they go on about. 
    This is how a lot of Southern's must view everywhere in the North...

• Options
    The North isn’t too shabby at all if you let yourselves see beyond the usual stereotypes that those from the south often have. I could never see myself ever wanting to move away. Unless money is no object then I’ll be off like a shot.
  • Options
    The North isn’t too shabby at all if you let yourselves see beyond the usual stereotypes that those from the south often have. I could never see myself ever wanting to move away. Unless money is no object then I’ll be off like a shot.
    There are beautiful places across the whole of the country and towns/cities that have a lot to offer. The North West is certainly a decent place to live.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    So Bowyer also says Patrick was offered double.
    I really don't believe we offered say £5Kpw & he went to Preston for £6Kpw.
    I said he would treble his wages at Blackburn, but doubling his wages at Preston sounds about right, unless Lee has said that so we don't get the nonsense we had when Ricky Holmes left and he got stick. What helps for Patrick is his final kick at Wembley means he will always be remembered as a hero whereas  Holmes after being great, fell away over his last few months at the club.

Ps. Unless Lee is just shite at maths  :o
  • Options
    Bowyer on Bauer in SLP

"There is respect there. He (Aribo) likes the club as well. It is the same with Pat Bauer – he didn’t want to leave. He said before: ‘I don’t want to leave, I love the lads and there are fantastic staff.’ He had been here for four years, but he had no choice really when sides are offering him double what he is on here. That is a difficult thing to turn down, he has got a young family and is just married.

“Unfortunately we couldn’t compete to keep him here, as much as we tried. We just couldn’t match that.”

Let's keep this in perspective here.......... "young family and just married" on EFL professionals income is hardly financially challenging. Young family and just just married on a Care Workers income is challenging. I live on Wight. I know. Fascinating how folk lose touch with the endemic greed of "plastic football". Can think of many involved in football, not only from Belgium, that need taking to the Mansion House Dinner and toileting against the dining room wall............. 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Most of the idiots who criticise the North have not even visited half the places they go on about. 

That's not the North. It's not raining.

And not a cobblestone or whippet in sight... photoshop fake news!
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    Oggy Red said:

That's not the North. It's not raining.

And not a cobblestone or whippet in sight... photoshop fake news!

Though Scoham's pic is spot on!

Scoham said:
    What the North is really like

See Patrick ..... plus in your new house, you'll find a tin bath hanging from the outside toilet wall.

It's grim oop North, you know. :smile:

• Options
    a belated farewell to Paddy B, that 94th minute goal will be remembered and cherished for all time in the CAFC legends archives ((:>) ..
     thanks for your wholehearted efforts for us and good luck at Preston who have a fine owner in Trevor (Grand National) Hemmings.. EXCEPT when playing against us
  • Options
    a belated farewell to Paddy B, that 94th minute goal will be remembered and cherished for all time in the CAFC legends archives ((:>) ..
     thanks for your wholehearted efforts for us and good luck at Preston who have a fine owner in Trevor (Grand National) Hemmings.. EXCEPT when playing against us
    Hemmins was born in Woolwich too. If only his family didn't move to Lancashire when he was 5!
  • Options
    Good luck in ur career wherever it takes you Mr P Bauer...along with the rest of the squad this year it enabled me to tick off one of the biggest things on my bucket list,taking my littleun to watch little ole Charlton on the hallowed Wembley turf...to watch that game was a dream,but ur last touch in the famous red & white to win it the way we did is forever etched in history & will forever be a moment that myself,my daughter & the rest of the CAFC family will cherish for all time...

thank you...
  • Options
    Before people start mocking the North West,they should take a look at some of the shit holes in London,where you get stabbed for just looking at someone.
  • Options
    Before people start mocking the North West,they should take a look at some of the shit holes in London,where you get stabbed for just looking at someone.
    It was only a bit of light hearted fun, playing on the old stereotypes ... you know, "It's grim oop North" and all the old chestnuts.

Most of us are well aware that there's beautiful countryside and coast within easy reach all the Lancashire towns.