Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Patrick Bauer (**Confirmed Leaving Pg 2**)

Comments

• Have the CL Holier than Thou brigade been notified of this blatant stereotyping?  I know they have an ongoing pogrom on the takeover thread but they would hate to let this stain on our reputation continue unchallenged.
  • Scoham said:
    What the North is really like

Oi! Has thee been snoopin in my pigeon coop. Or tekkin a peek at my misses long-johns ont weshin line? By eck tharts a crackin view. joking aside I live with a city scape view and love it. That view above would've been mine 50+ years ago before the clean air act came in. 

• I have no issue with him moving and yes I would definitely have wanted him to stay another season but he did a great job for us and signed off in spectacular fashion with that goal. As fans you can’t ask for more so good luck Patrick. However, I’m not sure Preston is such a smart move, not necessarily from a football sense and it may well be a much nicer place to live for all I know but I do wonder whether it was Ill advised to up sticks and go there so soon after his wife has had their first baby. As a father (though mine are all grown up now) I know from experience and always tell people to never to underestimate the value of the network mums build up with other mums having babies around the same time when they are pregnant and have their babies. Patrick has just taken her away from that network. PNE better pull their fingers out for her and not just think it’s all about getting the BFG settled in.
  • So Bowyer also says Patrick was offered double.
    I really don't believe we offered say £5Kpw & he went to Preston for £6Kpw.
    Might be more than 6 but the max pay for a defender at Preston is 8. Don't know what he was on previously but we offered 5
  • Is it possible he was on 4k with us, we offered him 5 and Preston offered him 8?

Bowyer said that he had offers of 'double what he is on here'.

A 3k difference plus a signing on fee would be enough for most players to up and leave. 
  • It is possible, I would be surprised if the paid him 8
  • Is it possible he was on 4k with us, we offered him 5 and Preston offered him 8?

Bowyer said that he had offers of 'double what he is on here'.

A 3k difference plus a signing on fee would be enough for most players to up and leave. 
    Not forgetting we’d have prolly only offered him a 6 week contract rather than 3 years or whatever normal clubs do 
  • Redhenry said:
    It is possible, I would be surprised if the paid him 8
    Why? At 8k a week that's not even 1.3m over a 3 year contract, which they've saved by not paying a transfer fee.
  • I wouldn't take the "double" figure from Lee literally.

Pat's getting more there than he was offered here.
  • Christ almighty......how many more ‘guesses’ are there going to be as to how much he was earning with us and how much he’s going to be earning with Preston.....I can’t keep up with them all, it’s pretty ridiculous when you come to think of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Contract length, bonuses and a signing on fee will all come into it as well, it’s not only about his weekly wage.
  • Christ almighty......how many more ‘guesses’ are there going to be as to how much he was earning with us and how much he’s going to be earning with Preston.....I can’t keep up with them all, it’s pretty ridiculous when you come to think of it.
    So personally i think he was on 4, and now he's on 8, but we only offered 5, but Redhenry says he thinks he's only on 6, but then said maybe 7, and then Preston offer a max of 8, but who knows. What are your thoughts?
    So personally i think he was on 4, and now he's on 8, but we only offered 5, but Redhenry says he thinks he's only on 6, but then said maybe 7, and then Preston offer a max of 8, but who knows. What are your thoughts?
    My guess is you could multiple those numbers by a thousand...
    Suicide is an option I suppose.
  • I have no issue with him moving and yes I would definitely have wanted him to stay another season but he did a great job for us and signed off in spectacular fashion with that goal. As fans you can’t ask for more so good luck Patrick. However, I’m not sure Preston is such a smart move, not necessarily from a football sense and it may well be a much nicer place to live for all I know but I do wonder whether it was Ill advised to up sticks and go there so soon after his wife has had their first baby. As a father (though mine are all grown up now) I know from experience and always tell people to never to underestimate the value of the network mums build up with other mums having babies around the same time when they are pregnant and have their babies. Patrick has just taken her away from that network. PNE better pull their fingers out for her and not just think it’s all about getting the BFG settled in.
    You make a valid point re 'Mums Network.'

However football is such a peripatetic profession that I suspect there is an ongoing network of wives and partners within all  football clubs and that they are used to welcoming and losing members on a regular basis.
  • edited July 2019
    Well, as much as I adore Bauer, I think pound for pound, if Preston are paying anything like £8k, we are better off with Lockyer at the likely £2500-4000/week we got him for. Even with a new owner, not sure I would have matched Preston at 8k/week. I would rather have spent the difference trying to keep Aribo.
  • I reserve judgement until I see who is our 2nd RCB, but currently would like to see Lockyer in Bielik role.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve seen Lockyer play for us. As usual, too many people assuming all of the new signings are going to be roaring sucesses in a Charlton shirt. No guarantees at all about that. 
    All new signings are class acts and signing for us shows how ambitious they are.

Everyone we wanted to keep wasn’t that good anyway, we’ll replace them with better and they’re disloyal snakes who only care about money.
  • Well, as much as I adore Bauer, I think pound for pound, if Preston are paying anything like £8k, we are better off with Lockyer at the likely £2500-4000/week we got him for. Even with a new owner, not sure I would have matched Preston at 8k/week. I would rather have spent the difference trying to keep Aribo.
    How do we know? He’s never played for us . 
  • Well that’s got his goal out of the way for the season.
  • That kit is awful.