Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stabbings in Greenwich

123457»

Comments

• Options
    I saw somewhere the fight was just off bugsbys way. Desperately sad to see our area and the country in general going down hill. 
  • Options
    Some grim scenes this week and it’s only going to get worse in Khan’s London. I feel for the first responders who have to clean this mess up. 
    Curious to know what your solution is? The only weapon the police have at present is a section 60 which allows stop and search but their resources are limited.

Knives are in circulation across the country so it's not just a London problem. 
    They have literally no respect or fear of the police. The media haven’t helped of course. When the police “took the knee”, though probably well intended, the crims knew that the police were in fear of them too. The minimum term for carrying a knife needs to be increased and the crim should be tagged for a commensurate period of time they served inside, when they come out.

Big believer that areas need to be policed according to the demographic. There needs to be a push to recruit ethnic minorities but not by positive discrimination that idiots like Cressida Dick are suggesting. They need to get into these communities and show that joining the force is a career and not something to be ashamed of. More ethnic minorities in the force will improve trust and respect. 

Ultimately though, how do you find a solution to four men in broad daylight having a knife fight in a respectable residential area. Or kids stabbing each other with zombie knives in central London for no reason. 

Do you think stop and search should be increased? Out of interest did you see the Jermaine Jenas program on this the other nite?
  • Options
    Machete fight in broad daylight in Hyde Park on Tuesday. Family’s enjoying the sunshine in the park. Teenager got put down and the baying crowd of another 100 teenagers screaming and taking videos on their phone. Was fucking grim.
    The filming of this stuff just sums up the modern world - utterly f***ing mindless.

The Greenwich incident took place near where I live and we now have a Section 60 in place - stop and search.
    Was chatting to daughter this morning and she mentioned being sent a link for a Tick-tock video of a woman being beheaded. 

It is almost like the video nasty era of the 80's where people (me) became desensitized to gore. Sadly now it is real life video's that have no censorship, hence kids can see them. 

I spoke to a young man (18) recently who was carrying a Stanley knife on public. Said it was for his protection. I said what if you get caught with it. He said he'd been stopped twice with one and 'warned' which made me wonder if police are as tough on knives as we'd hope. 
  • Options
    The offenders will get a jail sentence,it will be halved and they will be out in 7-8 years,reformed characters(ha ha ha).They will still be in their early twenties,and will now have the "respect " of their peers,and be the main men.
    The way to help stop this carnage is quite simple,40 years inside,no parole,there you go ,job done,get them of the street for good,perhaps stabbing someone wont seem so attractive.
  • Options
    I'm going to sound like my Dad here but this is a society issue. The generation involved have no respect for authority imo. A few years ago most young teenagers would never have been disrespectful to the police or even older people in general. They have been brought up in a system where they have had no fear of consequences of their actions. When I was about 17 I like most teenagers thought I was the dogs bollox and for a period would have been thought of as a bit of a knob. One night I came out of our local pub and a copper called Bob Mortimer was outside. He took me down the alley by the side of the pub and put me up against the wall by my throat and explained to me if I carried on he would beat the fuck out of me and them gave me a slap. I hated the prick at the time but now look back and think he did me a massive favour. If someone did that now he would lose his job as the kid would report him and then all the do gooders would lose their nuts. No discipline at home, no discipline at school, no discipline in society, all leads to what we now have going on imo
  • Options
    Something going on tonight on the peninsula right where the previous stabbing/machete fight was a month or so ago. Bunch of ambulances (literally 5 or 6) then police car after police car and multiple police vans went past in the last 20 mins. 

Now a police cordon is set up exactly as it was last time. 
  • Options
    Talk on the street is that someone "fell from a balcony". Don't really wanna speculate any more than that.