Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stabbings in Greenwich

Comments

• This morning
  • Walked past it at 6:20 this morning, grim viewing
  • Quite shocking the number of stabbings recently in Deptford/Greenwich.
  • I think its 4 in the last 8/9 days in Southwark too. All within a couple of roads of each other
  • Sick sick world we live in, how someone can do that to another human makes my stomach turn.

Impossible to understand...
  • Sick sick world we live in, how someone can do that to another human makes my stomach turn.

Impossible to understand...
    many a thread we disagree on, but plunging a knife into someone and in some instances for a watch or a phone, people like that cannot be helped.
  • 1 stabbed and no dead according to newshopper
  • Sponsored links:

• I think that trained medical staff need to go into inner city schools and explain to 12 and 13 year olds how easy it is to hit a vital organ or artery when using a knife on someone which will almost certainly result in their death.
    I suspect that a great number of perpetrators don’t intend to kill their victims and if they knew how easy it is to stab or slash someone in the wrong place then they may just think twice....maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part but it’s worth a shout.
    I wonder.
  • I think that trained medical staff need to go into inner city schools and explain to 12 and 13 year olds how easy it is to hit a vital organ or artery when using a knife on someone which will almost certainly result in their death.
    I suspect that a great number of perpetrators don’t intend to kill their victims and if they knew how easy it is to stab or slash someone in the wrong place then they may just think twice....maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part but it’s worth a shout.
    I wonder.

Definitely wishful thinking unfortunately. They just don't think and don't care.
    I wonder.

The people that commit these crimes dont give a shit. They are utter scumbags...if they do get caught they only serve a short sentence and are let back out in to society to do it again.
    I wonder.

The people that commit these crimes dont give a shit. They are utter scumbags...if they do get caught they only serve a short sentence and are let back out in to society to do it again.
    As much as people rant and rave nobody has come up with a solution to knife crime whatever their political persuasion is. I know a lot of people involved in youth work and numerous strategies have been tried. There is no simple solution but I do think policing is failing in a lot of areas as there are either not enough resources or they're not being used effectively.

The gang and drugs problem seems to keep growing and that's evident in towns as well as cities.
    I wonder.

It's a great shame but it might actually give them ideas as to how to injure people more seriously..sorry to appear negative
  • A visit to a morgue to see people who had been stabbed or shot might grab their attention.
  • lolwray said:

I think that trained medical staff need to go into inner city schools and explain to 12 and 13 year olds how easy it is to hit a vital organ or artery when using a knife on someone which will almost certainly result in their death.
    I wonder.

It's a great shame but it might actually give them ideas as to how to injure people more seriously..sorry to appear negative
    Yes....I had thought that myself.
  • A visit to a morgue to see people who had been stabbed or shot might grab their attention.

Or a visit to their school from a convicted murderer prepared to tell it like it is.

Or a visit to their school from a convicted murderer prepared to tell it like it is.

I think a lot of stuff has been tried but none of it as yet seems to work - the Mayor and his team seem bereft of any strategy.
  • 5 year minimum sentence for carrying would deter them. Fuck the monetary cost, build the prisons and fill them.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

5 year minimum sentence for carrying would deter them. Fuck the monetary cost, build the prisons and fill them.

How many prisons and where?
  • The USA locks up loads of people and has the death penalty - seems to have been a massive success in deterring people from crime.
  • The USA locks up loads of people and has the death penalty - seems to have been a massive success in deterring people from crime.

Thousands on death row, how does this work?
  • ross1 said:

The USA locks up loads of people and has the death penalty - seems to have been a massive success in deterring people from crime.

Thousands on death row, how does this work?
    It doesn't.
  • MrOneLung said:

5 year minimum sentence for carrying would deter them. Fuck the monetary cost, build the prisons and fill them.

And who’s going to staff them? Due to changes in terms and conditions you’d be better off stacking shelves in Tesco and you wouldn’t have the threat of being assaulted by some scrote off his tits on spice.

• MrOneLung said:

As many as needed and all over.

A person inside for 5 years for carrying a knife is guaranteed to not kill someone on the street for 5 years.
    If you know you are going in for 5 years no questions it will surely be a deterrent.
  • Some of the islands in the Outer Hebrides would be suitable.....set up to be like a military penal regiment barracks with NCO’s who were posted there being utterly pissed off and as such behaving like even bigger scum bags than the scum bags they are in charge of.
  • MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

As many as needed and all over.

A person inside for 5 years for carrying a knife is guaranteed to not kill someone on the street for 5 years.
    If you know you are going in for 5 years no questions it will surely be a deterrent.
    If we lock up all teenagers that would work as well.
  • Why would you want to lock up law abiding teenagers?