Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Croatia

Comments

• CAFC still owned by the Belgian.

Kent CCC lose a match on TV.

England knocked out of a major tournament.

Some things never change.

They do. Federer lost at Wimbledon
  • Gutted. The only tiny silver lining is that I’ll be able to watch the final in Croatia which will at least mean there will be plenty of passion shown.
  • When we went out the Euros I was angry. This tournament I expected very little. Southgate has built a good foundation, and with the likes of Foden/Maddison/Sancho and Lookman coming through you get the feeling we’ll soon have that little more quality that we lacked tonight.

I’m not sure what’s more painful, losing tonight or losing in a final, but the reality is we simply wouldn’t have been good enough to beat a fully firing France.
    Oh well
  • Christ, I couldn't make this up. As soon as the World Cup ended Fox started showing "The 700 Club," which is Pat Robertson's TV show. Pat Robertson has, for decades, been the poster child for Fundamentalist Evangelical Christianity. Two minutes of this (I couldn't find the remote) might have hurt more than the England loss.

#PeakAmerica
  • SDAddick said:

1StevieG said:

JaShea99 said:

SDAddick said:

Poor Tripper deserve for his tournament to end like this.

Harsh. He’s been one of the players of the tournament and no one deserves that.
    I think it meant to read ‘didn’t deserve his tournament to end like that’.
    Cheers Stevie, you know me.
    Safe bruv.....
  • So gutted. But you have to say they deserved it more after the first half hour. We came up a bit short in quality. Lots of potential in the squad but lacking in 3 or 4 positions for the very top level.
  • I understand disappointment but I've seen words like "embarrassing" and "chokers" thrown around online already.

No wonder people think England fans are insufferable.

Can we not just be proud of our team getting further than they have in 28 years and congratulate the opposition on their first WC final ever?

Exactly.

I'm gutted, but pleased we did well for an average young side.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    Croatia had more shots, 22-11
    More shots on goal 7-1

England's only shot on goal happened in the 5th minute. Ouch.
  • Lack of nous in midfield, Lingard and Alli outclassed. Kane ordinary, he should have gone off and Sterling stayed on.
    But still, I doubt there was a soul who believed we would get to the semi final before the tournament, so well done to Southgate and the whole team.
    Fortunately, supporting Charlton kind of inures you to defeat.
  • Charlton should hire Croatia's fitness coach.
  • I understand disappointment but I've seen words like "embarrassing" and "chokers" thrown around online already.

No wonder people think England fans are insufferable.

Can we not just be proud of our team getting further than they have in 28 years and congratulate the opposition on their first WC final ever?

Insufferable?
    Hardly.
    We've just been knocked out, literally moments ago.
    Emotions run high, what do you expect.
  • why the fuck would ITV think we would want to hear from Bilic right now? Switched off i'll catch the Southgate interview another time
  • SDAddick said:

Christ, I couldn't make this up. As soon as the World Cup ended Fox started showing "The 700 Club," which is Pat Robertson's TV show. Pat Robertson has, for decades, been the poster child for Fundamentalist Evangelical Christianity. Two minutes of this (I couldn't find the remote) might have hurt more than the England loss.

#PeakAmerica

Right.
    But can't you just, for once,keep your political nonsence on one of the many threads available for that kind of thing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:

More shots on goal 7-1

We lack that definitive playmaker. All the other 3 Semi final aides had at least 1
    absolutely spot on. we got as far as we did through playing as a unit but I couldn't see anyone conjuring something up in extra time.
  • Worst part is the Scottish piping up on twitter
    I’ve consoled myself with the fact that at least I won’t ever have to live there
  • Laddick01 said:

More shots on goal 7-1

We lack that definitive playmaker. All the other 3 Semi final aides had at least 1
    This. Then the one true world class player on the side might actually get some service.
  • You could tell Croatia with Perisic Modric and Rakitic just had much more control over us. Alot of our attacking play seemed rushed in comparison.

Still put them chances away 1st half its a different story.

No devastated, Croatia were better and I hope they win on Sunday
  • Just lacked a bit of experience in the end, which we knew all along could be a problem.
  • Still think we need more of our youngsters to spread their wings abroad like Lookman has done.
  • ITV, thank fuck I don’t have to listen to them for another couple of years.

Tyldesley and Hoddle are simply shit.
    True, I find myself wondering what they are looking at and why are they talking such drivel. These idiots get paid well to wind me up. It’s no better on the BBC with that palace halfwit getting excited at sod all. I don’t and probably no other football supporter needs a commentator or an ex footballer, (who can’t get a proper job), needs the bloody obvious regurgitated over and over.
    I had enough of football this summer roll on league one’s opening day when the only nonsense spoken I have to listen to is between me and my friends.
    Well done England, we did well to get where we ended. Thankfully we won’t have anymore of this belated hype from the media.
  • I never imagined we would reach the semis before the tournament, this team has overachieved to get this far. Ultimately we lack quality in midfield when against the very best at the moment, but it’s ultimately been a highly successful tournament
  • Make no mistake , that is he easiest chance we will ever have to get to get to a World Cup final .
    To me with the draw we had we have performed just below par because that is how easy that draw was .
    Get to final and it was just above par
    So not having read what other punters said I’m not gonna give any credit to this lot because to me they should have done better because Croatia aren’t that good .
    Anyway the most important thing is that Belgium twunt fucks off
  • Laddick01 said:

Worst part is the Scottish piping up on twitter
    I’ve consoled myself with the fact that at least I won’t ever have to live there

Not using twitter for at least a week now.

Wait till the You're coming home videos start