Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Croatia

Comments

• We wont do it and we never will, we were completely outplayed in the second half by a nation of 4 million people. I am sorry but this nation cannot win a tournament and never will. Back to the grind of being so fed up with football! Hand it to them on a plate and they still fuck it up. Bless!!
  • I suspect France wins the Final either 1-0 or 2-0 in a snoozefest finale to a GREAT World Cup.
  • Can we not talk about Charlton right now? The pain is bad enough as it is.
  • SDAddick said:

There is no shame in going out to a team with better, more experienced players who put in a very good performance. I'm gutted. I know there's going to be a lot of upset reactions tonight, but in the cold hard light of day this is the third youngest team at the tournament with a lot of players on the up who now have experience winning group and knockout games. This is not the end, this is the beginning.

I am very critical of how a lot of English players are coached from a young age, how the focus on possession and tactical awareness isn't fostered nearly enough, and that England simply doesn't have enough coaches. But that's not why they're out tonight. They're out because they were beaten by a better team.

In a World Cup semi-final. Well done to this group.

We lacked big game players today to make a difference. Disappointed that Harry Kane didn’t show more today.
  • Supporting Charlton and England is never easy
  • Uboat said:

Anyone bothering to watch on Saturday

Yes. It's the world cup final.
    No its not
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Poor Tripper deserve for his tournament to end like this.

Harsh. He’s been one of the players of the tournament and no one deserves that.
  • First half out of this world, less said about the rest the better tbh, but personally still very proud tonight

• CAFC still owned by the Belgian.

Kent CCC lose a match on TV.

England knocked out of a major tournament.

Some things never change.
  • Why do they even have a third place match means nothing .
  • kafka said:

SDAddick said:

There is no shame in going out to a team with better, more experienced players who put in a very good performance. I'm gutted. I know there's going to be a lot of upset reactions tonight, but in the cold hard light of day this is the third youngest team at the tournament with a lot of players on the up who now have experience winning group and knockout games. This is not the end, this is the beginning.

I am very critical of how a lot of English players are coached from a young age, how the focus on possession and tactical awareness isn't fostered nearly enough, and that England simply doesn't have enough coaches. But that's not why they're out tonight. They're out because they were beaten by a better team.

In a World Cup semi-final. Well done to this group.

We lacked big game players today to make a difference. Disappointed that Harry Kane didn’t show more today.
    Agree about Kane, though he also went missing against Sweden. But I think that's down to the fact that at this stage of their career, the English players aren't as good or experienced as the Croatia players are. To me that was the difference tonight. It's really fine margins.
  • JaShea99 said:

SDAddick said:

I imagine it's a typo and SD meant didn't deserve
  • We wont do it and we never will, we were completely outplayed in the second half by a nation of 4 million people. I am sorry but this nation cannot win a tournament and never will. Back to the grind of being so fed up with football! Hand it to them on a plate and they still fuck it up. Bless!!

Boring. Piss off.

Well done Southgate, well done the team.

I'm distraught that we're out but I couldn't be prouder.
    They put everything in and came up short. Disappointed.

Trippier and Pickford men of the tournament for me.
  • edited July 2018
    It could be worse... Belgium could have won the World Cup and Douche-chatalet would have reacted by raising his price to £77.5M.

FIFA would have two dozen bronze medals collecting dust otherwise.
  • England didn't do enough to win it, Croatia got stronger as the game when on.

The Pickford save, had that been an outfield player, it would have been a pen. Modric was class.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    JaShea99 said:

SDAddick said:

Sorry that was a typo. It was supposed to be "doesn't deserve." Fixed it now. Yeah he was excellent for most of the tournament. It was so hard watching him struggle to just get back to the bench.
  • Uboat said:

Anyone bothering to watch on Saturday

Yes. It's the world cup final.
    How has this had 2 likes.

Do 3 people think the Final is on Saturday
  • edited July 2018
    JaShea99 said:

SDAddick said:

I think it meant to read ‘didn’t deserve his tournament to end like that’.
  • England should return home to a good reception, but to call them national treasures as the commentary team did is just wrong. Let's win something first before we bandy about that particular accolade.
  • Proper gutted, why did we take our foot off the gas, we had em.

FIFA would have two dozen bronze medals collecting dust otherwise.
    And they are not even made of Bronze.
  • 1StevieG said:

JaShea99 said:

SDAddick said:

I think it meant to read ‘didn’t deserve his tournament to end like that’.
    Cheers Stevie, you know me.
  • Muted ITV until we hear from Southgate. The hypocrisy of know it all Neville is breathtaking.
  • It's a shame that we couldn't get the ball into Kane like we had been doing.
    Times in that game all we needed was for him to win a free kick, or hold possession and lay the ball off.