Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Croatia

Comments

• Options

How did people react after 1990?

After all, the only team we beat in normal time in that tournament was Egypt.

Well obviously before internet so we spoke with our mates and work colleagues about the great effort and chances created at both ends and how it was a great game.

This was an awful performance when it mattered.
    Got to the semis via an easy route and failed to capitalise. Yeah, in four years time they will have more experience but we will never have a better chance to get to a final than this year.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

BR3red said:

Uboat said:

Teams we were good enough to beat: Tunisia, Panama, Colombia, Sweden. But as usual the fucking media and their army of willing fuckwits have hyped it up out of all proportion.

Cheer up ! We got to the semi finals of the world cup, rather than losing to Tunisia and Belgium and not getting out of the group with a load of no hoper kids...
    Not disappointed with our performance or the team. Just annoyed that we went from, 'The best thing about this tournament is that we have no expectations' to 'WE'RE GOING TO WIN IT FOR WINSTON CHURCHILL AND HAROLD GODWINSON!!!' in about five days.
    Okayyyy- but sorry never heard that !!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Broke our record for goals scored at a tournament...12 previous was 11 in 1966.
  • Options

Croatia had more shots, 22-11
    More shots on goal 7-1

England's only shot on goal happened in the 5th minute. Ouch.

What about Kane's shot just before he hit the post? keeper saved it so surely it was a shot on goal?

7-2 makes me feel much better...
    The post is off target.
  • Options
    I didn't fancy playing the French after last night.
  • Options
    It's been a great tournament. And we got much further than most of us expected.

Not good enough tonight and it looked like we were the team that had played 240 minutes in our last 2 games. Too many times we were way too slow to react.

Croatia are nothing special and that game was defo winnable. Gutted.
  • Options
    Harry Kane also looks likely to take the Golden Boot.
  • Options

CAFC still owned by the Belgian.

Kent CCC lose a match on TV.

England knocked out of a major tournament.

Some things never change.

They do. Federer lost at Wimbledon
    Thanks mate you really spoiled match of the day
  • Options

More shots on goal 7-1

What about Kane's shot just before he hit the post? keeper saved it so surely it was a shot on goal?

The post is off target.
    Your post is off target.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CAFC still owned by the Belgian.

Kent CCC lose a match on TV.

England knocked out of a major tournament.

Some things never change.

They do. Federer lost at Wimbledon
    Thanks mate you really spoiled match of the day
    Apologies. I forgot no Premier league and Wimbledon scores on here.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

How did people react after 1990?

After all, the only team we beat in normal time in that tournament was Egypt.

Well obviously before internet so we spoke with our mates and work colleagues about the great effort and chances created at both ends and how it was a great game.

This was an awful performance when it mattered.
    Got to the semis via an easy route and failed to capitalise. Yeah, in four years time they will have more experience but we will never have a better chance to get to a final than this year.
    It wasn't awful LMAO.

we looked good first half, very good in fact that I felt comfortable... Second half we looked okay, a bit pressured but certainly not awful.

ET we fell apart having 10 men for as long as we did unsurprisingly made us look worse than we were.
  • Options
    Experience was the difference between two evenly matched teams from what I saw.

England did better than anyone thought pre tournament and have nothing to reproach themselves for.

Those gnarled old Croatian pros like Modric just knew a bit too much and we missed a couple of opportunities to go 2-0 up before Croatia equalised which may have changed things.

I hope Croatia win the whole thing now.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

DRAddick said:

More shots on goal 7-1

Was offside anyway wasn't it?
    nope - onside, flag went up when the ball span out of play.
    Why wasn't a corner given then?
  • Options

DRAddick said:

More shots on goal 7-1

Because it was given as offside, even though Kane wasn't offside. And the flag went up VERY late as well. It was a mistake.
  • Options
    For me, England this tournament was the best ive seen. We may have had the easiest route, but this squad played with honour and as a unit, and with true pride in the badge which I havent seen in my lifetime and im very proud of our team for that. Well done lads.
  • Options

More shots on goal 7-1

The post is off target.
    but the shot 2 seconds before he hit the post was saved by the keeper?
  • Options

For me, England this tournament was the best ive seen. We may have had the easiest route, but this squad played with honour and as a unit, and with true pride in the badge which I havent seen in my lifetime and im very proud of our team for that. Well done lads.

I'm 30 so don't remember 1990 but agree with this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

DRAddick said:

More shots on goal 7-1

I can only assume because the ref / lino didn't see the keeper get the final touch
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

DRAddick said:

More shots on goal 7-1

Cos the ref wasn't nearly as good as people make out.
    What about the other 2 corners he gave as goal kicks, the chump. And the throw in, we’d’ve Deffo scored from that throw in. Why I oughtta...
  • Options

DRAddick said:

More shots on goal 7-1

Yeah it did ricochet off the keeper mind you the linesman was blind as a bat.
  • Options
    A

DRAddick said:

More shots on goal 7-1

I can only assume because the ref / lino didn't see the keeper get the final touch
    I think it's because he was given offside.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

DRAddick said:

More shots on goal 7-1

Yeah it did ricochet off the keeper mind you the linesman was blind as a bat.
    Yes he missed the ball going out for a corner in extra time.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

I'm 30 so don't remember 1990 but agree with this.
    Im 25 mate
  • Options
    They gave their all but were short of quality. Two shots on target is poor. No creativity in midfield is a real problem.