Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Croatia

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

I'm proud of our team. Shame we didn't get to the final, but no complaints. Looking forward to Euro 2020 now, as I think we're starting from a positive basis.

Irrelevant when we get a normal draw and have to play Germany or someone in the last 16
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Stones is taking a lot of online criticism from neutrals for their second goal.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Wasn't just him, both defenders were slow to react.
  • Options
    We were unlucky for sure . But Harry Kane in midfield ? Proud of the players during a good tournament , but we should have got to the final .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

Every goal stems from an error of some sort. Trippiers came from someone giving a foul away for example. If a team concedes a goal it’s a collective failing.
  • Options

They gave their all but were short of quality. Two shots on target is poor. No creativity in midfield is a real problem.

Sounds a bit too familiar doesn't it? :smile:
  • Options
    Overall they gave us a great ride, but just came up short against a stronger, more experienced side. Good bunch of players, well led by Southgate. Onwards and upwards!
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Dazzler21 said:

For me, England this tournament was the best ive seen. We may have had the easiest route, but this squad played with honour and as a unit, and with true pride in the badge which I havent seen in my lifetime and im very proud of our team for that. Well done lads.

I'm 30 so don't remember 1990 but agree with this.
    Im 25 mate
    Blimey. What was your England highlight before this tournament?
    England 5-1 Germany?
  • Options
    Well played England!! The youngsters done us proud. Goodbye Terry, Lampard, Beckham and farewell giving it large, kissing of rings and toiletry adverts. I can remember 1966. I was just 12 years old.

Until then, no real interest in football. Following season, Dad took bruv and I to Charlton vs Wolves. Charlton lost, and bruv was cheering Wolves (sibling rivalry!). Since then, we both enjoyed many years watching Wright, Curtis, Kinsey etc; and many of the following acts. Remember Ray Crawford, limbering up at about 2.40, before making his Charlton debut, looking across at us and waving. Gosh, we used to get there so early before a match!

I say to all, take encouragement from Young Englands achievements. At last, English football seems to have shown an open honesty, commitment, and togetherness.

I hope that the governing bodies take note, are aware of the interest, support and enthusiasm that has been created, and start cleansing English football. Time long overdue to rid our game of the extremely disturbed, self interested, greedy egoists that they have judged to be "fit and proper".

Last opportunity for saving our football? Our passion, our memories, our home towns, our heritage.

What do the other "customers" think? A chance for them to become fans again?

"If you ever see a post from WRICURKINCAM walk away and pretend you didn't. Only madness lies ahead. " = Henry Irving.
  • Options
    you can only beat what is in front of you but we did have an easy ride to the semi final. Hard to judge really if we are any good or not.
  • Options

you can only beat what is in front of you but we did have an easy ride to the semi final. Hard to judge really if we are any good or not.

Would have rather had Belgium or Uruguay than Croatia... they have so much desire. I think they'll nick the final too.
  • Options
    This World Cup we played as a team and in a progressive style (until perhaps this match), we maximised our capabilities

When you look back at 2002 to 2006 under Sven, the players back then were probably better, but they underachieved. You look at the names, Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, Ferdinand, Campbell, Terry, Owen, Rooney etc
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Dazzler21 said:

For me, England this tournament was the best ive seen. We may have had the easiest route, but this squad played with honour and as a unit, and with true pride in the badge which I havent seen in my lifetime and im very proud of our team for that. Well done lads.

I'm 30 so don't remember 1990 but agree with this.
    Im 25 mate
    Blimey. What was your England highlight before this tournament?
    Beckham vs Greece was easily my favourite memory before this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
    A side point - Lovren could have been give 5 yellow cards in the first half. Ref let him get away with a lot. Got the distinct impression he wasn't keep on booking anyone first half to not ruin the game. Not that it matters
  • Options
    I saw it before kick off as their last chance and our first chance to make a final.

They were more experienced. We SHOULD have made it.

No hard feelings either way in true reflect. They came back well, we should have killed game off.

Experience v in experience and I'm more than willing to give this team time.

Loved it.
  • Options
    Heartbreaking for England, but they have a young team and a capable manager. Provided over-expectations based on the success of this tournament don't create too much pressure for them I think there will be semi-finals/finals ahead for this side.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Chunes said:

Wasn't just him, both defenders were slow to react.
    Three defenders could have done better and if one of them had, the goal would have been prevented.