Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    WSS said:
    Population matters very little if the people don't care about the sport, otherwise China, Russia and the US would be world-beaters.

And on the flip, New Zealand would be crap at rugby.
    100% true. 
    I've had holidays in India and cricket is like a religion out there. 
    As for football they couldn't give a shit 
    Manage to find a decent curry house Rambo?
  • Options
    At one point you could play for Ireland if you owned an Irish Setter.
    Or if you drunk a pint of Guiness.
  • Options
    Yes, the injury played a big part in where we ended up.....however his refusal to play in the last 9 games was if anything even more critical and totally avoidable.
    Uncle £, I keep telling you, it was only 3 games.  He was out of contract for the remaining 6.
    Is that right Elfie?
  • Options
    Yes, the injury played a big part in where we ended up.....however his refusal to play in the last 9 games was if anything even more critical and totally avoidable.
    Uncle £, I keep telling you, it was only 3 games.  He was out of contract for the remaining 6.
    Is that right Elfie?

Morning Uncle, it certainly is.

What's for breakfast mate?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    ASoundAsa£ said:
    Is that right Elfie?

Morning Uncle, it certainly is.

What's for breakfast mate?
    Golden Syrup Quaker Oats porridge with banana......Earl Grey tea.
  • Options
    I think Taylor's first caps were before he joined us, so we knew what we were buying. Presumably we don't like Millar playing for Canada either. 
  • Options
    Jeff Stelling has just made a comment on Soccer Saturday saying that Taylor scored three goals for Montserrat in two games over the International break - Has five goals for Nottingham Forest this season
  • Options
    Jeff Stelling has just made a comment on Soccer Saturday saying that Taylor scored three goals for Montserrat in two games over the International break - Has five goals for Nottingham Forest this season
    I'm not sure Montserrat's opponents during the break were exactly at the same level as the Championship clubs he's playing against normally  :D
  • Options
    Not getting many more goals this season as sits on the bench for 80 minutes every Saturday 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he's Forrest's top scorer this season even though he has only been played sporadically. Shows you what a shocker they have had.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I think he's Forrest's top scorer this season even though he has only been played sporadically. Shows you what a shocker they have had.
    Thats certainly a Football Fact that you wouldnt think to be true!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/nottingham-forest/top-scorers
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Play football with a Forest fan who says that LT has been useless for them, that he is not liked by the fans and the perception is that he needs to be "the main man" to perform.
  • Options
    Does he have a Twitter bound particular strong opinion on the euro super League story....that he thinks people will give a shit about
  • Options
    Play football with a Forest fan who says that LT has been useless for them, that he is not liked by the fans and the perception is that he needs to be "the main man" to perform.
    I also wonder if he's lost his motivation? He's got his big contract now, probably nothing much more he wanted to achieve.
  • Options
    The shine has gone! The media or fans don't really care much for him. 

How smug/twatty will his video of why he had to protect his next contract and not help save us from relegation look come the end of the season. 

Lyle Taylor - From Journeyman to Well Paid Journeyman. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I also wonder if he's lost his motivation? He's got his big contract now, probably nothing much more he wanted to achieve.
    Nail on the head, he’s fat and happy and will just coast.

I saw an interview with Jamie O’Hara where he admitted that once Wolves gave him a massive long term deal that his hunger diminished.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taylor will most likely blame his poor form on there being no fans on the stadiums. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Guaranteed to sign for Birmingham next season. Itll make for an interesting game next season if we go up given our awful record against ex-players. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Guaranteed to sign for Birmingham next season. Itll make for an interesting game next season if we go up given our awful record against ex-players. 

If Taylor scores against us for Birmingham at the covered end, with bowyer as manager.

He would most likely celebrate like he just won the lottery
    .....let’s just hope that we have this problem to face next season as it will mean that we will have been promoted this year!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    buckshee said:
    The worse game Lyle Taylor played for Cafc was his last against Middlesbrough which for most of us was the last game we watched live.

First time back on this thread for 8 months and my views on Lyle haven't changed since the day we met at a Charlton women's match he was sponsoring.

We talked about his family and Montserrat, Greenwich hospital; where he was born and the meaning of life. He asked for a selfie and I was happy to oblige.

We had a lot in common ! No hear me out.
    Taylor lives on a soapbox, with views on everything from BLM to not liking VAR. Part of his character is being the centre of attention but until he played for Wimbledon he was one of the crowd. Suddenly at the Dons he had a platform and was loved by their small fan base; as shown by their supporters when Cafc played Wimbledon at the Valley.

Joining Charlton, Lyle carried on scoring but also worked harder for the team due to Bowyer and at 28 he had arrived and had a bigger fan base to feed his ego. 

Lyle Taylor baby, was music to his ears,and he was excellent for Cafc as a goal scorer and he could drift wide and be a winger ; Magic, what could possibly go wrong ! The shit house people who ran our club screwed him over. The injury that made him realise that your career can be taken away quite quickly.

Lyle is a paradox, he said he doesn't watch football but wanted to be a pundit as he would say it like it is; Lyle said this comment at Bromley addicks when he was a guest at a later date, where he was on his soapbox and JFC had trouble getting the mic off him. 

He was fantastic for Cafc and I'm convinced if Thomas Sandgaard had been our owner then, the relationship would have continued and instead of being a part time footballer at Forest he could have been a Championship level footballer at Cafc still.

Because of COVID-19, and the man who shall remained nameless who tried to shaft our club and took all Cafc fans for a ride; Taylor left Cafc as a traitor and persona non grata.
    The irony is Taylor will never be welcome at Cafc where it looks like he played the best football of his career.

The freak Circumstances of Covid and the season being extended played a big part in his decision to jump ship. Normally the season would have been over and he could have left and most of us would have understood as he couldn't get a contract he deserved at Charlton.

He has burnt his bridges at Charlton but just another one who got away in my long association with Cafc.

Ps. I wouldn't be surprised if Lyle is transferred to Birmingham next season to play under Bowyer where he will play every week as the Brum look like they will still be in the championship.
    and yet absolutely none of this matters because of one absolutely stupid decision. 
    That’s football to a tee though, these guys are young, impressionable, competitive and career hungry (the last 2 sound bad but needed to be a great footballer) one bad decision can then go on and affect the rest of their lives, it can create so much hatred. Look at Scotty, he left to go to one of the big 6 clubs, seriously the wrong time and definitely the wrong decision, he will tell you himself he should have waited but that one decision now sees him hated at the club he grew up with. Jermaine Defoe too, he was just a child and saw pound signs, lived in poverty with his mum of course he was going to be swayed yet he’s a greedy bastard, mud sticks. It sticks of course unless you’re arrested and charged for multiple counts of racism and racially aggravated assault like Bowyer was when all was suddenly forgiven, reason for that, he was young and stupid made a mistake (sound familiar). I wish Lyle well, not against us of course) but I don’t believe one bad decision, which probably had behind closed doors incidents that influenced it, should tarnish someone for life.