Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Dave2l said:
    Croydon said:
    Taylor refused to play out his contract with us, when we were on the brink of relegation. What he did was worse than Parker, worse than Defoe, worse than any player who's left us in my lifetime.

Can't get my head round how any Charlton fan can have a single positive word to say about him.

As soon as he saw the proposed offer by the agent via likely weekly wages on the table, he embarrassingly did not give a shit about anything else, in regards to football and career, in general.
    It then became a locked door and his emotional connection to the club completely vanished.

Actions speak louder then words. He didn't give a shit about us.

It is embarrassing. The loyalty just goes out the window in a split second.

Are we all just slaves to money?

We all want to be rich and we are all internally power hungry. At least most of us are, but I eventually start to hate the concept of the psychologically magnetic attachment to £££++

I think it narrows the concept of the fact that we are social animals who stay loyal and look out for each other.

Life is short. Don't just be a self centered asshole. It won't get you anywhere. It won't help anyone and you probably won't be happy.

It's because a (football career)life is short, he did what he did.  Why should he care about us?  No reason at all.
    He was happy to take his wages after getting injured whilst on international duty. 

All in the contract.
    The contract that ended in June, and he decided not to.

3 games, but I will always understand why he did it, BUT he was wrong to do it.
    Call it player power in football.
    Do you even support Charlton? Don't go to matches, don't watch the streams, basically siding with Taylor. Don't get it.
    At least I don't have Croydon as a username.
    Do you support palice?
    Original. 
    Thank you.
  • Options
    42 appearances  and only 5 goals

He has not been a great success, spends most his time on the bench.

When he was with us, he got great service

He never got that service at Forest

Well he got the money

• Options
    edited May 2021
    A very sad individual. No values and no dignity.
  • Options
    Like Solly?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Like Solly?

I'd forgotten about Solly. Wasn't he going to put his side of the story out?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Like Solly?
    Nope
  • Options
    Out on loan  next season it seems. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope it's another amazing life changing move where he can't risk injury before finishing his career at SE Dons.
  • Options
    The bloke is a w******
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    If he is (as reported) on 20k a week he won't be going anywhere unless he gets a decent payoff. It's all about the cash with him, he doesn't even like football.
  • Options
    Shame, I would have welcomed him back in a heartbeat if he hadn't been such a tosser. 
  • Options
    His stance a Charlton was appalling,how a respected club like Forest took him on I dont know,who wants to play with people that will let you down in a heartbeat,back to the lower leagues to count his money.
  • Options
    One year at big school, now heading back to the infants...
    With a pocket full of cash which he wouldn't have had if he stayed with us 
  • Options
    Got to be Birmingham next 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    He'll be back, we will boo him at the first match, he'll get a goal, he'll be forgiven, but (as the Irish bard Andrea Corr once said) "Forgiven, but not Forgotten"... and he will probably do exactly the same again and slope off to Wigan or Derby.
  • Options
    I'd have him back no question. Forgive and forget.
    Fuck that fuck him. It's like getting back with your ex who shagged your best mate.
  • Options
    Would he have the same hunger? Playing with that determination made him a better player. He had a point to prove, he wanted to prove his doubters wrong. By getting a big Championship contract he’s done that.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Would he have the same hunger? Playing with that determination made him a better player. He had a point to prove, he wanted to prove his doubters wrong. By getting a big Championship contract he’s done that.
    I think that - putting aside the refusing to play when still contracted, he'll turn 32 during next season and he'll be on the way down not the way up.

I think he won't have the same work rate/energy/fitness of 2 or 3 years ago, even if we did sign him I don't think we'd necessarily be getting the same Lyle Taylor.
  • Options
    Sadly, we already know how he'll answer his critics.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Will prob still score goals at League 1 level. 

Wycombe?