Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey (ed. Signs a new contract extension to 2021)

Comments

• Options
    Ross said:
    This is the exact point in his Charlton career where he previously got a nasty injury.

Struggles. Gets minutes. Gets fit. Starts playing well. Crocked.

Really praying it doesn't happen again and he can continue to churn out great performances.
    Quoting this so we can blame you if it does happen.
    Press conference for tomorrow's game: "Unfortunately Jake will be out after picking up a total freak injury in training, it was so strange, as if someone had taken a voodoo doll and stuck a pin in his ACL, he's out for the rest of the season"
  • Options
    Ross said:
    This is the exact point in his Charlton career where he previously got a nasty injury.

Really praying it doesn't happen again and he can continue to churn out great performances.
    Press conference for tomorrow's game: "Unfortunately Jake will be out after picking up a total freak injury in training, it was so strange, as if someone had taken a voodoo doll and stuck a pin in his ACL, he's out for the rest of the season"
    Jinx
  • Options
    Ross said:

"Jake was carried off by Chuks Aneke and Jason Pearce. In the process of this, Chuks pulled a muscle in his back and will now be out for at least a month"

But it does mean Pearce can be our first choice defender, which is good news, hey guys?

... Guys!?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Forster... forster caskey. Sung to Paparazzi by lady gaga, I need some help on more lyrics if anyone else wants to chip in lol

That has already been done for the mighty Akpo Sodje. My memory is very hazy but along the lines of:

you’re the greatest player,
    we’ll follow you around the country,
    Akpo, Akpo Sodje! 

Weird that it never really took off.... 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    He stepped up and added a bit of grit to his game at the weekend which is exactly what I was fearing he wouldn’t be able to do. More of the same in future fixtures please.
  • Options
    He stepped up and added a bit of grit to his game at the weekend which is exactly what I was fearing he wouldn’t be able to do. More of the same in future fixtures please.
    This. As recently as a month ago I would have had him behind Watson, pratley, shinnie, Morgan and even gilbey. He was my scape goat and Is proving me wrong. hope it continues
  • Options
    Bow's not going to pick him for a month now.
  • Options
    This. As recently as a month ago I would have had him behind Watson, pratley, shinnie, Morgan and even gilbey. He was my scape goat and Is proving me wrong. hope it continues
    He has got his chance an taken it. I honestly thought he would struggle to be any more of a bit part player after the injuries, but he has certainly stepped up and grabbed his chance with both hands. Probably been our stand out player for the last 4 or 5 games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not been his biggest fan but definitely brought an improvement and better shape to the team in last two games. 
    I’m not one to slag off players but I was as excited by JFC triggering his contract extension as I was by Mrs AFKA saying we’re having fish and chips on Friday and realising she means oven F&C and not from the chippy. 
    You don't say... 😀

• Options
    edited January 2021
    A month ago he was. He's been very poor for 90% of his CAFC career (even if it was down to injuries).
    In the last few games he's been completely different and twice the player.
    I see nothing wrong in commenting honestly, whether someone plays good, bad or indifferently. 
    90% is a bit OTT. He was one of the first names on the team sheet from when he first signed to when he done his ACL. Since then he’s been very poor until the last month or so
  • Options
    And me - atm he's playing very well although he's predominantly what i'd call a neat and tidy footballer and not one who is going to be the answer for what we are looking to do in the more medium to long term but hats off to him, he's getting better and better every week, right on his game and well worthy of his place in the side. 
  • Options
    I think JFC’s form shows that it takes most players a run of starts to play themselves into form, something none of our players have really had this season up to now.
    agreed - also helps if your a central midfielder, to be played in central midfield 
  • Options
    @PopIcon asked:

According to some of Facebook he went off injured, what happened? I thought it was tactical at the time.”
  • Options
    @PopIcon asked:

” According to some of Facebook he went off injured, what happened? I thought it was tactical at the time.”
    Yeah thought it was tactical if it was an injury, hopefully it's safeguarding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another good performance by Jerome yesterday ;)
  • Options
    I think we need to change the thread title to 

Jerome Forster-Caskey (ed. Signs a new contract extension to 2021)

Because according to the commentators on Radio Cambridgeshire thats his name, they called him that everytime he touched the ball today
    The Peterborough commentators were calling him Jordan 🤔🤣😂
  • Options
    Should never have been subbed off, booking or no booking
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I imagine that was more to protect him from injury

Before the match Bowyer mentioned that JFC is another whose minutes has to be monitored
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    @Leuth have a word with @Sage ?

He can explain better than me as to why players who have been broken and glued back together need to be managed carefully. 

• Options
    Thank you @Sage

Well explained, as always.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    In retrospect, the loss of Morgan to the red card was costly, as Morgan would have been a much better sub to bring for JFC