Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey (ed. Signs a new contract extension to 2021)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yeah he played one game all season that year. 

This last season felt like he was injured, but in reality he was just not as good as Gallagher or Cullen or Field and didn't manage the game as well as Pratley. Was seriously good in the game at Fulham at left back though.
    He did get that hamstring injury and then had another knee issue

He definitely would have played a lot more without those injuries, even if wasn't at the level of Gallagher as an attacking central midfielder
  • Options
    I appreciate any player that commits to us at the moment and if he can keep clear from the niggling injuries, he will be a cut above a lot of competitor midfielders in the division. 
  • Options
    thought bowyer said senior players could not sign because of the embargo 
  • Options
    Good news well done Jake 
  • Options
    It’s fine so long as you balance the books. As players leave, their wages become available. 
  • Options
    What was a tiny Championship budget is perfectly decent at L1 level, indeed normally you'd expect a relegated side to cut their wage budget anyway
  • Options
    Bloke must be either mad or desperate to sign up with us for another year.
    I take it that he would not be able to attract an equivalent / better deal elsewhere.
  • Options
    I think bowyer got it wrong. I don’t see how legally the efl can stop us offering out of contract players new deals. 
  • Options
    I think bowyer got it wrong. I don’t see how legally the efl can stop us offering out of contract players new deals. 
    They can if we go over our current budget
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all dream of a team of Forster-Caskeys!

As least we’d better because he might be the only one left by September 12!

As others have said, he’s a decent player who did well in League 1 last time, when fit. If the rest of the squad is his level, and of course assuming we even allowed to compete, we likely stand a chance of making the play offs. 
  • Options
    Good news. Interesting that in this case it's the player who had the power to exercise an option, rather than the club. I imagine he saw the chaos surrounding football and decided that having a guaranteed year was safer than risking trying to find a new club

Keep him fit, and he's a good player at L1 level, and a decent squad player in the Championship
    Not quite sure he has a guaranteed year! He's obviously more optimistic than me!
  • Options
    I take it that he would not be able to attract an equivalent / better deal elsewhere.
    Yeah my comment was more tongue in cheek. I get why he's signed, and i'm happy he has.
  • Options
    I wonder if new contracts now factor in covid breaks ? 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    They can if we go over our current budget
    Not much chance of that with all the loans returning to their clubs, as we'll now be looking as a lower/cheaper calibre of loan. Plus the likes of Taylor, Hemed, Williams, Matthews and Page all going.

Can't imagine Sarr staying either unless it's for less money as he was on a decent wage.
  • Options
    Can he play in goal...?
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Nice
    “Go again” #charltonlifetriggerwarning
  • Options

@killerandflash is probably spot on though, easy to do that than take the gamble of finding somewhere else in these uncertain times.

Very happy he has signed though. Him, Morgan, Pratley and Oztumer is a decent league one midfield.
    Not bad but compared to last time in L1 when we had Cullen, Beilik, Aribo and Williams it is one mega step down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@killerandflash is probably spot on though, easy to do that than take the gamble of finding somewhere else in these uncertain times.

Very happy he has signed though. Him, Morgan, Pratley and Oztumer is a decent league one midfield.
    Not bad but compared to last time in L1 when we had Cullen, Beilik, Aribo and Williams it is one mega step down.
    It is, but, shitty as it is, given the circumstances around the club right now, we should all be delighted if in a year’s time the club a) still exists and b) has not dropped any further down the leagues. I’d take a mid table League 1 finish right now. 
  • Options
    Good news when the possible alternative is 16 year olds.
  • Options

2 of those were loans

If we are still around, who knows who we might have signed before the window closes...
  • Options
    Good news when the possible alternative is 16 year olds.
    Agreed.  He’s not someone I really rate personally, but at league one level he’ll probably get by.  For me, if we do survive to participate in Sep, I’m very much envisaging a team like the one Bolton had to put out for most of last season.  Youngsters.  Any moderate level of an in experiences pro will be most welcome 

I just don’t see us starting the next season as a going concern 
  • Options
    Irrelevant as we won't be football playing next season, but I'd have let him go.
    Not interested in players such as Forster-Caskey and Page who are permanently injured.
  • Options
    As mentionrd earlier, his best game by far was away at Fulham. 
  • Options
    Irrelevant as we won't be football playing next season, but I'd have let him go.
    Not interested in players such as Forster-Caskey and Page who are permanently injured.
    That’s the spirit mate. 
  • Options
    When fit a class player at League one level although not the quickest    . A top bloke as well  .
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    I feel like I'm in the minority here, a lot of negative comments, but I think he's a classy player. Bowyer improved him, got him into the box and scoring goals. He's got a good pass and can swing a corner or free kick in. Happy he has another year after a terribly unlucky injury. Could be a very important player next year. Good lad Jake. COYA
    Totally agree. Pace is obviously an issue, but other than that I think will be a key player next season.