Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey (ed. Signs a new contract extension to 2021)

Comments

• Options
    I've never really noticed JFC until very recently. 

Always seemed very lightweight and only half engaged in the game. Nothing close to the likes of Cullen, Gallagher or Aribo. I like to see a midfielder win the ball and surge forward not play an endless series of neat five yard passes.  Watson drives me mad. 

Since he changed his name to Jordan I have noticed more aggression in his game and more attacking intent. 

Now our best midfield player but sadly that's not saying much. 

Nice hairstyle compared to Watson too.
  • Options
    @Addickted2TheReds you idiot 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I wonder if the players ever get tired of Bowyer taking little potshots. Even when discussing his extension, he talks about JFC's problems. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    I wonder if the players ever get tired of Bowyer taking little potshots. Even when discussing his extension, he talks about JFC's problems. 
    Always seem like he’s got to get a dig in. Almost like he doesn’t give any encouragement to players. Pretty shit management really. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    Always seem like he’s got to get a dig in. Almost like he doesn’t give any encouragement to players. Pretty shit management really. 
    He’s spent vast amounts of the last 3 years injured .  Not his fault of course but he’s another one that I’d like to keep but won’t be gutted if he goes . 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    He’s spent vast amounts of the last 3 years injured .  Not his fault of course but he’s another one that I’d like to keep but won’t be gutted if he goes . 
    We look a much better team with him playing. 

I just think it would help a player if the manager had a few kind words to say about him. 
  • Options
    Would Bowyer like it if someone above him did the same to him, e.g. Ged Roddy saying in an interview

"I had a word with Lee about criticising players in public and he agreed to moderate his comments"
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    If my boss kept doing that, I'd hand in my notice and refuse any extension. Might even refuse to work for them if they kept going on about my weaknesses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    We look a much better team with him playing. 

I just think it would help a player if the manager had a few kind words to say about him. 
    I agree this year because we aren’t blessed with midfielders with any great passing ability .  He’s a good player- I really liked him in 17/18. I’m just desperately hoping for a summer 2011   Clear out and upgrade.  
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    He’s only saying what some of us have seen in JFC. He’s a much better player when he plays more energy compared to when he sits in the middle just looking tidy on the ball.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    He’s only saying what some of us have seen in JFC. He’s a much better player when he plays more energy compared to when he sits in the middle just looking tidy on the ball.
    It's strange isn't it. IIRC Bowyer said that some time ago about JFC and there was only agreement at the time.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with what Bows has said. We have been good for JFC and he only turns up on occasions. Look at Cullen or Gallagher to see what you can do in there ... 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    I don't disagree with what he's saying, I disagree with him saying it. It just feels like a needless dig. Why not stop at "Jake can be as good as he wants to be?" That, unto itself, isn't the greatest compliment but it's a good thing to say. Say it and be done. 
    "Messi may have scored 45 goals this season, but he could have scored 50 by now"
  • Options
    Can we stop trying to apply office management standards to highly competitive sport?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Can we stop trying to apply office management standards to highly competitive sport?
    Well as we are talking about management of human resources, NO. 

Staff are the major asset of an organisation, its usp, if you like. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    He’s only saying what some of us have in JFC. He’s a much better player when he plays more energy compared to when he sits in the middle just looking tidy on the ball.
    It’s not so much a question of whether Lee is right or wrong, it’s a question of whether criticising players in public helps players or demotivates them isn’t it? Most successful managers (including Furguson) seem to have avoided it, I think. Does he not have a mentor who could have a word in his ear?
    It’s a shame, because he’s got many very good attributes as a manager. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    He’s only saying what some of us have in JFC. He’s a much better player when he plays more energy compared to when he sits in the middle just looking tidy on the ball.
    It’s not so much a question of whether Lee is right or wrong, it’s a question of whether criticising players in public helps players or demotivates them isn’t it? Most successful managers (including Furguson) seem to have avoided it, I think. Does he not have a mentor who could have a word in his ear?
    It’s also a change in language and tone from what we saw in his first one and a half seasons.  I know he’s always spoken his mind, but these little digs or whatever you want to call them, are becoming more prevalent.

I suppose it depends on how you interpret his words.  You can say he’s just saying it how it is and we should all be a bit more thick skinned, or you could say it’s unnecessarily putting the boot in and ‘bullying’ 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    It’s also a change in language and tone from what we saw in his first one and a half seasons.  I know he’s always spoken his mind, but these little digs or whatever you want to call them, are becoming more prevalent.

I suppose it depends on how you interpret his words.  You can say he’s just saying it how it is and we should all be a bit more thick skinned, or you could say it’s unnecessarily putting the boot in and ‘bullying’ 
    The interpretation just comes down to if your winning enough games.  Exactly the same happened to Pardew and Robinson.  When your winning its all good and valid critiscm.  When your losing its digging people out and making excuses. 

No really made a big deal out of it when he made similar remarks about players, which he did, when we were winning a lot of games.  Even going back to when he first got the job. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Chunes said:

I often help companies define their USPs and that is largely incorrect. 

As to your other point, no office requires physical battle. The mental strength required to compete in one of the highest levels of sport, and to maintain that level consistently, is not best served by the methods used to motivate your average person whose role is probably computer based. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

I often help companies define their USPs and that is largely incorrect. 

As to your other point, no office requires physical battle. The mental strength required to compete in one of the highest levels of sport, and to maintain that level consistently, is not best served by the methods used to motivate your average person whose role is probably computer based. 
    Not to mention its a lot easier to be replaced as a Footballer and find your career over.

Worst one is always: "I'd get sacked from my job if I performed like X Manager"

Yeah the Football Manager can because its something that can happen in the Sport. In an office job you're bloody lucky as unless you've done something seriously wrong you have to go through various stages of disciplinary action before you can be removed
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    I don't disagree with what he's saying, I disagree with him saying it. It just feels like a needless dig. Why not stop at "Jake can be as good as he wants to be?" That, unto itself, isn't the greatest compliment but it's a good thing to say. Say it and be done. 
    Get what you’re saying, but you could also say some are nit picking and reading too much in to everything Bowyer says now that they don’t rate him as highly as they used to.

His comments are being used as evidence against him when in reality he’s just saying in public what he’d have talked to JFC about in private months ago. JFC has improved, either he’s accepted Bowyer’s feedback or it’s fired him up to go out to prove him wrong. Either way it’s the outcome we all wanted to see.

There’s this idea that Bowyer used to be 100% positive but here’s a couple of early example of where he wasn’t. He talks about Magennis needing to score more goals and Bielik needing to move the ball quicker leading to him being subbed at half time.

The majority would have agreed with those comments at the time and few would have read much in to it compared to the way we are now.

Bowyer added: “I would like to see more goals, I think as a striker you should be looking around the 20 mark. I think he’ll sit here and say the same himself, any striker would.

“Krystian Bielik is normally good at sitting at the bottom of the diamond, but today he took too many touches and kept getting caught in possession,”Bowyer explained“He needs to learn that you have to move the ball quickly because that’s the way we play. Not just him, everybody was poor first half.

https://dailycannon.com/2018/10/lee-bowyer-explains-why-krystian-bielik-was-subbed-at-half-time/

I expect Bowyer’s interviews were at their most positive were when we were regularly winning games and that’s seen as the standard we want to see from him. I agree, I didn’t like his post match rants and subbing subs late last year, but it’s also much easier to be positive when you have a good team performing well and getting results.

For me as long as he doesn’t go back to doing things like that again then I’ll mainly judge him based on performances and results, rather than having so much focus on minor decisions and comments here and there.
  • Options
    He's getting a lot of post match praise but I actually though he was a bit off the boil today. He was a presence in the middle but could barely hit a man in a blue shirt with his passes.
    Must be an aversion to passing to Blue shirts brought about by his time playing for Brighton. 
  • Options
    His pressing today was outstanding. Definitely mom. Very decent league one player and because I think that’s where we’ll be playing next year I hope JFC signs a new deal.
  • Options
    I thought he was excellent, the engine of the team. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    I thought he was excellent, the engine of the team. 
    What JFC didn’t pick up, Pratley did.