Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey (ed. Signs a new contract extension to 2021)

Comments

• Options
    Pressing was good today but funnily enough, not one of his best games of late. 

We need our passers to take control of the game in latter stages. Sadly they all resorted to Pratley style kung-fu kicks with the ball. 
  • Options
  • Options
    He's getting a lot of post match praise but I actually though he was a bit off the boil today. He was a presence in the middle but could barely hit a man in a blue shirt with his passes.
    Totally agree thought he was at least behind Innis and Pearce MOM, maybe even Stockley too. 
  • Options
    I thought Pratley was better than him today too; it was his type of game .  JFC pressed well but was average in possession .  He’s still one of the out of contract players that I would keep, of course 
  • Options
    Would really love JFC to sign a new contract and maybe even given the captain’s armband it’s definitely a bit more likely he will stay than the Dillon Phillips situation at the start of the season now we have a good owner
  • Options
    He's getting a lot of post match praise but I actually though he was a bit off the boil today. He was a presence in the middle but could barely hit a man in a blue shirt with his passes.
    Agreed, he tried hard but his passing was very poor, either passed to no one or passed to Donny more than Charlton.
  • Options
    Never been the biggest fan of JFC. Classy footballer at times pinging balls from side to side with a few decent touches but aways felt he was an average luxury you just can't afford at our level.

Different story this season. He's added a combative side to his game that I didn't think he had in his locker. Would love to see him signed up to a new deal. 
  • Options
    Come on leaps and bounds this season. Will be surprised if he’s not here next year.
  • Options
    Have we offered him a new contract does anyone know? One of only a very small number of players i’d like to see stay. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Have we offered him a new contract does anyone know? One of only a very small number of players i’d like to see stay. 
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/nigel-adkins-has-message-for-charlton-players-due-to-be-out-of-contract-keen-to-put-pre-season-plans-in-place/

The article does seem to suggest that nothing has been decided yet as Adkins needs/wants to have a better look first but I will be very surprised if he's not one we want to keep hold of personally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's had a good season and is a very important player in this team.

Odd to think though, that a couple of his best games last season came as a left wing-back. He looked very competent there. 
  • Options
    I think it very much depends on what league we are in. League 1 and it’s a no brainier, he gets a contract. Championship and I’m not so sure. I like him, but not sure he is a championship standard midfielder. 
  • Options
    I think it very much depends on what league we are in. League 1 and it’s a no brainier, he gets a contract. Championship and I’m not so sure. I like him, but not sure he is a championship standard midfielder. 
    I expect he will be playing championship football next year if we don't get promoted. After a couple of difficult years with injury we are now starting to see his quality with a run. At 26 he will still develop and get better, so have no doubt there will be a championship team more than happy to take a punt and pick him up. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I expect he will be playing championship football next year if we don't get promoted. After a couple of difficult years with injury we are now starting to see his quality with a run. At 26 he will still develop and get better, so have no doubt there will be a championship team more than happy to take a punt and pick him up. 
    I honestly thought he was older than 26. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to see him make the step up with us. 
  • Options
    How is he progressing.  I haven’t heard much but maybe I haven’t been paying attention.  Will he be involved again this season? 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    How is he progressing.  I haven’t heard much but maybe I haven’t been paying attention.  Will he be involved again this season? 
    Doesn’t sound like it at all. Season finishes in 13 weeks. Minimum of 2/3 weeks with the 23s before he can play for the first 11. Imagine will get an answer before next weekend as to whether we register him in our squad list.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Probably the last 6 or 7 games of the season. Just enough to retain POTY.
    And a new 2 year deal, prompting a number of us to say ‘we could’ve gone up had he played this season’ 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    He's a player that relies on his fitness so even when he does come back he's not going to be at his best for a good few months. A dead season. I'm not sure he's what we're missing anyway. He's just another runner who doesn't create and we've got lots of those in midfield already.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can people be swapped in and out of the EFL squad in between windows?

It would be pointless having him in the squad from February to May if he's unlikely to play more than a handful of games, but if we can move players in and out, we could remove a fringe player in April to free up a space for him.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He's a player that relies on his fitness so even when he does come back he's not going to be at his best for a good few months. A dead season. I'm not sure he's what we're missing anyway. He's just another runner who doesn't create and we've got lots of those in midfield already.
    I think he does one thing that none of our midfields do very often - have a shot on goal from outside the box.  Whilst his goal scoring record isn’t particularly brilliant, you can rely on him to get a goal every 6 or 7 games (at least that’s what his stats say anyway). 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I think he does one thing that none of our midfields do very often - have a shot on goal from outside the box.  Whilst his goal scoring record isn’t particularly brilliant, you can rely on him to get a goal every 6 or 7 games (at least that’s what his stats say anyway). 
    Yes, in comparison to the rest of our midfielders, he's quite prolific, making the late runs into the box that the likes of Bowyer and Jacko did really well as players.
  • Options
    Didn't he start his career at wingback? 
  • Options
    Sadly just refused to give a time frame on his return.
  • Options
    Sounded like "not this season but don't want to say it" to me.
  • Options
    Let's hope we don't offer anymore contracts to all these glassbacks in the future.  Unbelievable the amount of sick notes we have
  • Options
    He said hopefully a couple of u23 games and see where we go from there 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He said hopefully a couple of u23 games and see where we go from there 

He did but he started by saying he couldn't put a time line on it as after an I jury like his you don't know when you will feel comfortable again, that he hoped to be back training, then have U23 games before playing again.  Feel sorry for him, he clearly has a very good football brain as he spoke a lot of sense.
  • Options
    Clearly must have had a set back somewhere during the rehab process. Season is over in 10 weeks. Can’t see him kicking a ball in anger this season at all.