Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• Options
    BBC online commentary:

"I tell you what, if they knock these off, it will be a good effort."

:-)
  • Options

BBC online commentary:

"I tell you what, if they knock these off, it will be a good effort."

:-)

Australia did once score 700 in a day against Essex at Southend in 1948...
  • Options
    Massacre!
  • Options
    spoke to soon. Hales & Morgan out in successive balls. 485 is about my guess.
  • Options
    Australia with 2 wickets in 2 balls. Who do you get coming out at 7?

Our best player, Joe Root.

You almost feel bad for the Aussies. Almost.
  • Options
    Wonder if Root has ever batted at 7 before...
  • Options
    unlucky lads but this is still the best ever so we can't really complain.

I tell you what though they have proven today they have 500 in their locker at some point.
  • Options
    481-6. Had worse days.....
  • Options
    28 balls without a boundary at the end and we post 481. Nuts
  • Options
    Not sure if I want a nervy, close match followed by last ball misery for Australia from a position of certain victory, or for them to be pounded into the dust.

In reality? I predict they will finish 203-1 in 50 overs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    53-1 off 7.1 overs only require 10 an over now.
  • Options
    Astonishing batting.
  • Options
    127-3 off 18
  • Options
    Oz will do well to get within 150 of us tbh
  • Options
    Remember when the Aussies set a record one day score and the Saffers went and chased it down...
  • Options
    fascinating reading TMS on the BBC people moaning about the game not being close as a spectacle and blaming the pitch for being too easy to bat on. Err Australia get to bat on it too you know?? If it was the other way around it would be moans about an awful bowling performance and how much better Australia are etc etc. We English are really crap at winning ain't we!?
  • Options
    154-4 off 21
    Rashid got Finch.
  • Options

Riviera said:

I honestly find this rather tedious, cricket is about a battle between bowler and batsman not batsman simply smashing the ball wherever they want. The pitch is too good.

Or our batsmen are too good.
    I reckon Roy Bairstow and Hales are the best top three in international 50 over cricket in the world.
    If you think that we also have Buttler as roaming 4/5/6, and Stokes too - its one heck of a batting line up.
  • Options

Riviera said:

I honestly find this rather tedious, cricket is about a battle between bowler and batsman not batsman simply smashing the ball wherever they want. The pitch is too good.

Or our batsmen are too good.
    I reckon Roy Bairstow and Hales are the best top three in international 50 over cricket in the world.
    If you think that we also have Buttler as roaming 4/5/6, and Stokes too - its one heck of a batting line up.
    Root and Morgan aren't bad either. It's getting them in that's the problem. Morgan is probably the 6th best batsman but he is the captain so won't be dropped.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    173-5 Stoinis out.
    Oz will do well to get within 200 of us. Possibly even a 250 run loss in the making. Wonder what the record loss is?
  • Options
    RRR now over 12
  • Options
    Hate to say it but Root is the one that doesn't fit if we have a flyer. But he is the one that others can bat round if need be. But, which of the batsman do you leave out of this 12:

Roy
    Bairstow
    Hales
    Root
    Stokes
    Morgan
    Buttler
    Ali
    Woakes
    Plunkett
    Rashid
    Wood

Perhaps leave out Wood and go in with just 5 bowlers plus Root?
  • Options
    They got 10 off Willeys last over and the RRR still went up !
  • Options

Hate to say it but Root is the one that doesn't fit if we have a flyer. But he is the one that others can bat round if need be. But, which of the batsman do you leave out of this 12:

Roy
    Bairstow
    Hales
    Root
    Stokes
    Morgan
    Buttler
    Ali
    Woakes
    Plunkett
    Rashid
    Wood

Perhaps leave out Wood and go in with just 5 bowlers plus Root?

what a lovely situation that is !
    I think what you say is what might happen. Once Stokes is back, i dont see any point in going in with 6 bowlers plus Root.It would be nice to have a situation where we could have a flexible 4/5/6/7 depending on situation with both Buttler and Root batting anywhere in that line-up.
  • Options

173-5 Stoinis out.
    Oz will do well to get within 200 of us. Possibly even a 250 run loss in the making. Wonder what the record loss is?

290 runs - New Zealand (402–2) beat Ireland (112)
  • Options
    194-7
  • Options
    Previous biggest loss for Oz is 206 runs.
  • Options
    Australia currently 282 behind
  • Options
    200-7 off 30
    RRR now over 14, not that it matters that much now.