Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

1818283848587»

Comments

• Options

Chizz said:

Who will be the next England Director of Cricket, now that Andrew Strauss has stepped aside and Andy Flower's tenure will run only until the end of the year?

I would like to see one of Michael Vaughan, Nasser Hussain, Paul Collingwood or Alistair Cook.

In reality, it's probably too soon for Cook, Collingwood might be seen more as a coach than a director and Hussain's remuneration (he'd have to give up Sky commentary) would probably be too much). So maybe Vaughan will get the gig, in time to win the World Cup in England and to extend England's home Ashes winning run dating back to the season he started it in 2005.

Should Vaughan be the next England Director of Cricket? And, if not, then who?

Alec Stewart
    Oh please! Mr Cliche himself.
    Not a very imaginative suggestion. He's far too Sgt Majorish.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Pietersen would be a better choice than Vaughan, who would be the worst possible choice

disagree, quite like Vaughan myself. Think he might well get it too.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Riviera said:

James Foster is undoubtedly the best wicket keeper of his generation. He would have played far more for England if he hadn't been such a troublemaker in his younger years.

always heard good things about him even before he played for essex ....not a troublemaker to my knowledge but please clarify if you know better
    I worked with his best mate from school. He was a very naughty boy early in his career in days when the powers that be were less forgiving.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Leuth said:

Pietersen would be a better choice than Vaughan, who would be the worst possible choice

I agree. I have in the past been a big fan of Vaughan and wanted him on board as the best man managing captain we have ever had.

But in recent years his comments about, county cricket, test cricket and the 100 ball bollocks showed him up to be a clueless egotistical wanker who puts his own personality and recognition above what's good for cricket. I don't want him anywhere near our game.
  • Options
    #teamNasser
  • Options

Leuth said:

I agree. I have in the past been a big fan of Vaughan and wanted him on board as the best man managing captain we have ever had.

But in recent years his comments about, county cricket, test cricket and the 100 ball bollocks showed him up to be a clueless egotistical wanker who puts his own personality and recognition above what's good for cricket. I don't want him anywhere near our game.
    Very dissimilar from KP then
  • Options
    I loved Vaughan as captain, the last proper captain we have had. Not that Strauss or Cook have done bad jobs I just thought they were a bit led by the coach. Vaughan seemed to have a handle on everything in my eyes and I was gutted he resigned the way he did and that penis KP was given the job. As good a batsman as he was capable of being he was and I strongly suspect still is a twat (Pieterson)
  • Options
    I've never entirely understood what Strauss's role actually was. He appoints the England coaches, but how much input does he have to the county game, the structure of the summer, the 100 etc
  • Options

I've never entirely understood what Strauss's role actually was. He appoints the England coaches, but how much input does he have to the county game, the structure of the summer, the 100 etc

His role is everything to do with English cricket. For example, I believe that it was his decision that county all age group teams should play a few T20 matches, in addition to the usual 50 over games, in coloured clothing using white balls in order to prep players for the future.

• Options

Leuth said:

Very dissimilar from KP then
    Believe me I can't stand KP. I'm just putting Vaughan on the same level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

His role is everything to do with English cricket. For example, I believe that it was his decision that county all age group teams should play a few T20 matches, in addition to the usual 50 over games, in coloured clothing using white balls in order to prep players for the future.

But does Strauss have the power to actually decide such things, or is he just an influential voice?

If he has the power, I imagine the ECB will want someone with similar views to Strauss, rather than someone who would reverse some of the previous decisions (and perhaps scrap the 100!)
  • Options
    He had the power to sack KP.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Spot on as usual mate.