Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• Options
    2 great balls from Plunkett

2 slower balls

• Options
    Billings has contributed !
  • Options
    How can sky miss the final catch?

The channel 5 highlights programme is already halfway through and the game only just finished. That’s some quick editing someone is doing now!!

Triple defeat for Australia today.
  • Options

How can sky miss the final catch?

The channel 5 highlights programme is already halfway through and the game only just finished. That’s some quick editing someone is doing now!!

Triple defeat for Australia today.

A nightmare scenario for the editors, trying to decide highlights before the game has ended!
  • Options

Great knock from Roy.
    I know he has his critics on here but when he gets it right he is a matchwinner.

Where are all the Roy bashers now bitches??!!!

P.s. I had my first litre of sangria at 10:30 this morning. Sorry.
    Thought Jason played sublimely today - seems to be playing a touch straighter and not letting his strong bottom hand pull him around to leg so much - beautiful innings with many great 'cricket' shots.
  • Options
    Of the last 8 ODI's between England and OZ, the score is 7-1.

This is totally unacceptable.
    We should be 8-0 up .
    Sack the management. Sack the selectors. Sack the board.
    In actual fact, while you are at it, sack the players too.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I’d rather we lost the last eight 8-0 and held The Ashes !
  • Options

Of the last 8 ODI's between England and OZ, the score is 7-1.

This is totally unacceptable.
    We should be 8-0 up .
    Sack the management. Sack the selectors. Sack the board.
    In actual fact, while you are at it, sack the players too.

That was our highest ever ODI score against the Aussies. Thought we were going to blow it yesterday the way Marsh and Agar were playing. I’ll sack myself for the lack of faith in our bowlers.....
  • Options
    185-1off 22 overs. Australia being put to the sword.
  • Options
    This is utterly glorious. So far Australia have used 8 bowlers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reckon we should slow down and make sure we get to 250...
  • Options
    Passed 200 still only 1 down. Bairstow approaching a hundred.

26 overs remaining, 400 should be on the cards here.
  • Options
    TMS - record for most bowlers used in an ODI innings is 9.

Only Australian players yet to bowl: Travis Head, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine.
  • Options
    Nasser talking about 500!!!
  • Options
    50 ahead of where we were at this stage against Pakistan in 2016 when we made 444...
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I honestly find this rather tedious, cricket is about a battle between bowler and batsman not batsman simply smashing the ball wherever they want. The pitch is too good, short boundary and piss poor attack.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I honestly find this rather tedious, cricket is about a battle between bowler and batsman not batsman simply smashing the ball wherever they want. The pitch is too good.

Or our batsmen are too good.
    I reckon Roy Bairstow and Hales are the best top three in international 50 over cricket in the world.
  • Options
    A general rule of thumb is double the score after 30 overs, if wickets are in hand. We were 251/1 then got 26 off the next 2 overs!
  • Options
    Heck, I've just seen this. Amazing. Come on England.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

I honestly find this rather tedious, cricket is about a battle between bowler and batsman not batsman simply smashing the ball wherever they want. The pitch is too good, short boundary and piss poor attack.

How can you not enjoy this? Especially against Australia!!
  • Options
    at half way stage we were on for 500 but with 8 overs to go & at 380 I reckon 460-480 is more likely.
  • Options

Riviera said:

How can you not enjoy this? Especially against Australia!!
    I think I've already explained!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I totally agree, but I'd still like us to get 500
  • Options
    50 in 21 balls for Morgan... stunning stuff
  • Options

50 in 21 balls for Morgan... stunning stuff

Fastest ever in ODI's for England. He's also just become our leading run scorer in ODI's.
  • Options
    80 in 36 balls required for 500. Doable ? I think its gonna be bloody close with these two in
  • Options
    18 balls for the last 50 runs.
  • Options
    Come on England, get to 500...
  • Options

at half way stage we were on for 500 but with 8 overs to go & at 380 I reckon 460-480 is more likely.

maybe I was wrong......but 500 still looks just a tad too far.