Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old Charlton related photos

Comments

• Acab said:

Think that’s Woolwich District in white about 69.
  • @TellyTubby i was with Theresa in the bar before the game last week and showed with @Fanny Fanackapan the pic of her as Spice Girls. She didn’t believe it was her at first!
  • @TellyTubby i was with Theresa in the bar before the game last week and showed with @Fanny Fanackapan the pic of her as Spice Girls. She didn’t believe it was her at first!
    Must have been a good party. 
  • @CheshireFan

Can the museum use your fabulous photos please?
  • Acab said:

Woolwich District in the white kit 
  • I was in the same class as Mark James and still in contact with him. Also same year as mark penfold and the same house Royal (I think). 
  • @CheshireFan

Can the museum use your fabulous photos please?
    Of course.  Thanks for asking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is that Paul Gormam to the right of him playing for Fisher?

Colin Pates, Andy Peake, Robert Lee, Mark Reid, Colin Walsh, Paul Mortimer the others?
  • edited March 2023
    Is that Paul Gormam to the right of him playing for Fisher?

Colin Pates, Andy Peake, Robert Lee, Mark Reid, Colin Walsh, Paul Mortimer the others?
    You got them all apart from as previously mentioned Randy Samuels (trialist). Yes that is Paul Gorman. Great spot 
  • Tommy Caton?
  • And is that PC Rogers at the back of that first Welling photo?
  • banner banner at Selhurst Park when we were there?
  • Off_it said:
    And is that PC Rogers at the back of that first Welling photo?
    Mick Rogers had a beard
  • Sponsored links:

• Can anyone shed any light on this?

I’m pretty sure this photo was taken by club photographer Tom Morris at Selhurst Park before the last game there in 1991 against West Ham.I remember seeing this in either VOTV or the local paper.

My good friend Colin Holland who passed away 10 years ago is in this photo. 
    Thought that was him.
  • DA9 said:
    Off_it said:
    And is that PC Rogers at the back of that first Welling photo?
    Mick Rogers had a beard
    No i Dont ! 
  • Acab said:

Woolwich District in the white kit 
    Great photo of the WD lads, I was mates with all the Bloomfield boys and also knew Colin Mace 

I think that's (a very younger) me in the gray anorak reading the programme to the top right hand corner of the banner!
  • Off_it said:
    Tommy Caton?
    Make you right mate. Good spot.
  • edited March 2023
    Can anyone shed any light on this?

@Southendaddick

we checked Tom Morris' archive and this is not among the thousands of digitised photos he took but as @Amos on the wing said it was taken by him as we have a near identical black and white version.  This is the only photo from the last league game at Selhurst we have in digital form.

When we have a spare £50k we'll get the 40 odd lever arch folders of Tom's negative's digitised too.

They spelt Upton Park wrong.
  • If that photo is looking at the Members stand then the arrow is pointing towards Croydon
  • edited March 2023
    Can anyone shed any light on this?

@Southendaddick

we checked Tom Morris' archive and this is not among the thousands of digitised photos he took but as @Amos on the wing said it was taken by him as we have a near identical black and white version.  This is the only photo from the last league game at Selhurst we have in digital form.

When we have a spare £50k we'll get the 40 odd lever arch folders of Tom's negative's digitised too.
    Or £197 and a few willing volunteers @CharltonAthMuseum ?